NBA thread

Basketball fans who say the Lakers can't make a deep run in the play-offs are either ignorant or delusional.There betting both AD and Lebron James will not be healthy.That's the only reason they can give because the Lakers have alot more depth than they think/know.

This is AD's 8th day of rest and healing.This could be a blessing in disguise.He can heal up from his other injuries...Ankle,knee,shoulder,and ribs.He can come back all the way healthy!
Don't fool yourself,he's making trips to the next move for him to get away from the King...BAM!

Hate seeing that awful video of Delonte West. Sure hope the NBA can help him and his family.
Ok, now other than feeling bad for him, why would the NBA need to help him?? He made approximately $16 mill in the NBA not too long ago. Also, who and where's the guys agent and family?? It's sad, but one person is responsible for Delonte and that's Delonte. He's made some poor decisions, or not taken care of himself and he's where he's at today. Why people immediate jump to the pro sports league taking care of these guys make no sense. My guess is he's got a pension coming from the NBA too.

Basketball fans who say the Lakers can't make a deep run in the play-offs are either ignorant or delusional.There betting both AD and Lebron James will not be healthy.That's the only reason they can give because the Lakers have alot more depth than they think/know.
Um...yes...I'd say at this point I give LeBron a 90% chance of being healthy and ready to go for the playoffs. AD, I'm going to say about 50-50. We're in unchartered territory for this guy. He's been in very few playoff series, let alone 2-3-4 series back to back to back. Can he hold up in that grind. And do you trust the rest of the Lakers? Are you banking on Dwight Howard giving you significant minutes in the playoffs? Kuzma is still finding his way. As great as LeBron is , at his age he needs a lot of help to get this done.

So if the Sixers could only keep one of their stars, who should they keep, Embiid or Simmons?

Ok, now other than feeling bad for him, why would the NBA need to help him?? He made approximately $16 mill in the NBA not too long ago. Also, who and where's the guys agent and family?? It's sad, but one person is responsible for Delonte and that's Delonte. He's made some poor decisions, or not taken care of himself and he's where he's at today. Why people immediate jump to the pro sports league taking care of these guys make no sense. My guess is he's got a pension coming from the NBA too.

Because they've already said they would. They've reached out to him and his family offering help. I'd like to see them honor their word.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers...

Also, if you think mental illness is a "poor decision" you're very misguided.

Last edited:
Lakers beat the Nets 128-113 to improve to 36-9. Lebron had 27 points 12 rebounds and 10 assists.

Lebron is washed up and to old.:p

Lebron is on cruise control.

Because they've already said they would. They've reached out to him and his family offering help. I'd like to see them honor their word.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers...

Also, if you think mental illness is a "poor decision" you're very misguided.
How do you know they haven't? My guess is you don't get to the place he's at over night. I believe I heard that Danny Ainge has offered him a scouting job with the Celtics.

How do you know they haven't? My guess is you don't get to the place he's at over night. I believe I heard that Danny Ainge has offered him a scouting job with the Celtics.

Ummm, you'd be very wrong. I've spent quite a bit of time helping the homeless. Yep, Ainge and Cuban have both tried to help him. I hope at some point someone gets through.

Sixers beat Lakers Saturday night 108-91. James/ Davis combine for 60, but no one else scores more than 7 for LA. James 8 turnovers. The Sixers, Harris 29, Simmons 28, Horford 16. Simmons 12-15 from the field. Remember, Embiid did not play due to hand surgery.

The Lakers are in a funk. But it's the play-offs that count. I think there goal should be 4th place in the west.

The Lakers are in a funk. But it's the play-offs that count. I think there goal should be 4th place in the west.
I think the Lakers have played very well so far, I just think that they are too reliant on LeBron and AD. And AD is starting to show some wear and tear already. Can the Lakers bring in some significant pieces to build some depth? I just think come playoff time when there is actual game planning and the defense ratchets up, they'll struggle.

I think the Lakers have played very well so far, I just think that they are too reliant on LeBron and AD. And AD is starting to show some wear and tear already. Can the Lakers bring in some significant pieces to build some depth? I just think come playoff time when there is actual game planning and the defense ratchets up, they'll struggle.

Did you forget about Kuzma? Besides the Lakers will be a better play-off team than a regular season team.In the play-offs you get a day off after every game. The Lakers will take out the clippers in 6 games.Talk to me when the play-offs start. The Lakers have more depth than you think. AD is not starting to show some wear and tear. The Lakers will be the ones ratcheting up there defense once the play-offs start.The Lakers regular season will not be that great BUT WAIT until the play-offs start.Talk to me then.

Did you forget about Kuzma? Besides the Lakers will be a better play-off team than a regular season team.In the play-offs you get a day off after every game. The Lakers will take out the clippers in 6 games.Talk to me when the play-offs start. The Lakers have more depth than you think. AD is not starting to show some wear and tear. The Lakers will be the ones ratcheting up there defense once the play-offs start.The Lakers regular season will not be that great BUT WAIT until the play-offs start.Talk to me then.
We'll find out eventually, but I respectfully disagree. The Lakers are very, very dependent on LeBron and AD. Those two have to have big games for the Lakers to win, period. Kuzma is way too inconsistent. I also feel the Lakers are build for the regular season, not the playoffs.

In the playoffs, Clippers will have PG and Kawai 40 minutes every game and that will be the difference. Clippers giving them way more rest than Lakers do for their stars in regular season. Clippers do not care as long as they are 3 seed or above. Supporting cast of Lou W, Beverly and Harrell also better than Lakers right now. I could see Lakers make a move before deadline to try and win a title this year for Kobe. Lebron is really going to want to win one this year for the Laker family. Can anyone else beat the 2 LA teams in a 7 game series right now out West? Maybe Denver if they pick up a guy. In the East, Bucks are huge favorites.

In the playoffs, Clippers will have PG and Kawai 40 minutes every game and that will be the difference. Clippers giving them way more rest than Lakers do for their stars in regular season. Clippers do not care as long as they are 3 seed or above. Supporting cast of Lou W, Beverly and Harrell also better than Lakers right now. I could see Lakers make a move before deadline to try and win a title this year for Kobe. Lebron is really going to want to win one this year for the Laker family. Can anyone else beat the 2 LA teams in a 7 game series right now out West? Maybe Denver if they pick up a guy. In the East, Bucks are huge favorites.
I"m not sure the Lakers even get to the Clippers in the playoffs, unless it's a first or second round series. And you are spot on, the Clipps have the best player and the 3,5,6.7.8 best players in the matchup. LeBron is #2, AD #4. I just don't think the Lakers have near enough depth and experience to make a long playoff run. LeBron gets increasingly frustrated with young guys and even AD will test his patience. AD is already showing signs of wearing down and it's only going to get worse.
I don't know who and what the Lakers could pick up that would make a big difference. It's just not easy to play with LeBron. I do still like my Sixers in the east. Bucks are a team definitely built for the regular season. Sixers length will be an issue for them come playoff time. IF, IF Embiid stays healthy.

AD is the best player in the West.AD and Lebron are better than PG and Kawai.Lebron gets better/stronger as the game goes on.How will Kawai's knee hold up going 40 minutes a game?

The Sixers the best team in the East? PLEASE...And will Embid stay healthy? He better,he better.
The Lakers,Clippers,Utah,Denver,and the Bucks are all better than the Sixers.

AD is the best player in the West.AD and Lebron are better than PG and Kawai.Lebron gets better/stronger as the game goes on.How will Kawai's knee hold up going 40 minutes a game?

The Sixers the best team in the East? PLEASE...And will Embid stay healthy? He better,he better.

I agree with you.Especially that Lebron gets better/stronger as the game goes on.He will play 40+ minutes in the play-offs.
I agree with the rest of your post to.

Does anybody know how many triple doubles Kawai has this year? What about his career?
I believe he just got his first one last week. He's really not a candidate for triple doubles because he's an iso guy. Triple doubles can be a misleading statistic because there are so many possessions in NBA games.

I said IF Embiid stays healthy....Lakers will need more than AD and LeBron to get far in the east, their #3/ #4 are significantly less.

I said IF Embiid stays healthy....Lakers will need more than AD and LeBron to get far in the east, their #3/ #4 are significantly less.

He'll have to stay healthy and MOTIVATED. That entire team is acting and performing like they don't give a damn right now. They just look unmotivated and disinterested. They are way too talented to be 6th in the East.

He'll have to stay healthy and MOTIVATED. That entire team is acting and performing like they don't give a damn right now. They just look unmotivated and disinterested. They are way too talented to be 6th in the East.
Like it or not Jimmy Butler gave that team and edge they don't have anymore. I hoped Al Horford could lead this team, but he's too nice a guy. Your young stars have to want to be great, and Ben and Joel will decide this team's fate. You are correct, they are too good to be 6th in the east.

Like it or not Jimmy Butler gave that team and edge they don't have anymore. I hoped Al Horford could lead this team, but he's too nice a guy. Your young stars have to want to be great, and Ben and Joel will decide this team's fate. You are correct, they are too good to be 6th in the east.

Yep, they need a guy with an edge.

Yep, they need a guy with an edge.
Not sure if they have an edge, but the Sixers acquire Glen Robinson III and Alec Burks from the Warriors, their #2 and #3 scorers. Both 6'6" wings. The Sixers then send James Ennis out to Orlando. So you get a couple more athletic wings, subtract one.

So here is the Sixers current roster

Embiid
Simpson
Horford
Richardson
Harris
Richardson
Burks
Thybulle
Korkmaz
Neto

I'd say Neto probably gets the least minutes, after that you have a pretty flexible lineup. All are 6'6 or bigger, long and I think the addition of Burks and Robinson should help with the shooting.