• Cavs in 5

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters
Brian, don't hold your breath.

Also, I was not impressed by Lebron's potty mouth. I get that it's a party, but using words like "MF'er" (the full phrase), $hi+ show and "smoke up the " was a little much with little kids in the crowd.

Brian, don't hold your breath.

Also, I was not impressed by Lebron's potty mouth. I get that it's a party, but using words like "MF'er" (the full phrase), $hi+ show and "smoke up the " was a little much with little kids in the crowd.

I agree. I was disappointed and surprised by the foulness. I know he was just being real, but probably not the time and place. I've heard the f bomb on national TV more in the past 3 days than I have in my life. Lost a tad bit of respect today for LeBron.

Very well could have been. LeBron in general is classy and uses good judgement (barring the Decision), but today wasn't his best effort in my opinion. I mean the reality is that you, me and most of those million people talk like that. However, probably not a good idea on that stage.

Very well could have been. LeBron in general is classy and uses good judgement (barring the Decision), but today wasn't his best effort in my opinion. I mean the reality is that you, me and most of those million people talk like that. However, probably not a good idea on that stage.

I mention that because I was told by someone that one of the Cavs' other star players was seen consuming a significant amount of alcohol in their vicinity when the parade was stalled.

I mention that because I was told by someone that one of the Cavs' other star players was seen consuming a significant amount of alcohol in their vicinity when the parade was stalled.

I saw a couple of them, can't remember which two, drinking champagne at one point during the tv coverage. The tv host even mentioned it. Channing Frye sounded possibly tipsy when they interviewed him and Jefferson during the parade. LeBron appeared fine every time the focused on him. His wife and kids were with him. Nobody enjoyed the day more than JR Smith, I'll bet. He was happy the entire time, interacting with the crowd, and just generally seemed to be loving it all...and he did not seem drunk or high at all. The LeBron swearing definitely surprised me. All in all, however, it was a great day.

What are you talking about? The entire region...probably even the girl who was shot afterward in Tower City...is still riding the happiness high.

I agree. I was disappointed and surprised by the foulness. I know he was just being real, but probably not the time and place. I've heard the f bomb on national TV more in the past 3 days than I have in my life. Lost a tad bit of respect today for LeBron.

kyrie.jpg

Get it Kyrie.

Frank...I was surprised by LeBron's swearing, and it definitely was not a good look for The King in that moment...but I thought it was an awesome celebration! A nearly perfect day downtown, only marred by the girl getting shot afterward in Tower City. And it will never be like this again, even with another championship in the relatively near future. This was a celebration 52 years in the making.

All in all, however, it was a great day.

Yes, it was. Though I think the city no longer has sufficient resources to plan and staff an event like this with just a few days' notice. The convention is soaking up all of the city's resources as well. By the time the ceremony began (around 4), many, many people had already left downtown due to the parade taking about 4 hours.

I sensed that the citizens knew the city needed their help and almost everyone behaved. That's the really good news of the last few days. If things had gone wrong, I don't think CPD could have handled it.

Yes, it was. Though I think the city no longer has sufficient resources to plan and staff an event like this with just a few days' notice. The convention is soaking up all of the city's resources as well. By the time the ceremony began (around 4), many, many people had already left downtown due to the parade taking about 4 hours.

I sensed that the citizens knew the city needed their help and almost everyone behaved. That's the really good news of the last few days. If things had gone wrong, I don't think CPD could have handled it.

You're talking about a voter base who have elected the likes of Dennis Kucinich and Marcia Fudge in recent years to represent them in DC. It's not like the city is up for electing brainiacs to run itself. That being said, I have to give props to the diehard liberal Dem city leadership for aggressively pursuing...and landing...the GOP convention. That's a big chance to show off the city, and its potential, to a lot of national movers and shakers.

Frank...I was surprised by LeBron's swearing, and it definitely was not a good look for The King in that moment...but I thought it was an awesome celebration! A nearly perfect day downtown, only marred by the girl getting shot afterward in Tower City. And it will never be like this again, even with another championship in the relatively near future. This was a celebration 52 years in the making.

Other than the MF (which still, don't understand why anyone cares he just brought you a championship he should be able to set that disgusting lake on fire again if he wants) I can't believe anyone would have any issue with language that can be said on basic cable tv. He's a 31 year old black male who grew up in the ghetto. Not everything out of his mouth are gonna make the middle class, middle aged white couple feel comfy-cozy inside.

Other than the MF (which still, don't understand why anyone cares he just brought you a championship he should be able to set that disgusting lake on fire again if he wants) I can't believe anyone would have any issue with language that can be said on basic cable tv. He's a 31 year old black male who grew up in the ghetto. Not everything out of his mouth are gonna make the middle class, middle aged white couple feel comfy-cozy inside.

I agree for the most part. That was my initial thought and still my general feeling. I think it's just because LeBron is looked at as a leader and role model for kids and it was surprising to hear on that stage at that time. But, when my wife was somewhat upset as we watched it, I basically told her the same thing as you said. At this point, it's inconsequential to me and although it shocked me and I won't quite look at him the same, in the big picture, I don't care. If Cavs fans were given the option of...if the Cavs win the championship, LeBron gets to swear publicly, every single one would say yes.

I think it's funny that we swear all the time in real life but when a famous person swears on television it's a big deal

You don't choose your words differently at your kitchen table, at work talking to the boss, in church, in front of your children? I don't think it's an issue of him being famous. Anyone, given a microphone, in front of a crowd of 10 or of 150,000, might know what is expected...and what is proper.

I think it's funny that we swear all the time in real life but when a famous person swears on television it's a big deal

Most people don't swear in front of a crowd that has other people's children. Again, not the worst offense, but certainly understandable if some people were a bit disappointed by it, imo.

Most people don't swear in front of a crowd that has other people's children. Again, not the worst offense, but certainly understandable if some people were a bit disappointed by it, imo.

Exactly. It's not the swearing. We all do that. But you need to know your audience. In the locker room before a game with your brothers, f bomb all you want. When you're giving a speech in front of a million people that are there in your honor, maybe tone it down a bit? Look, if that's his worst offense, then that's pretty good.

I'm not going to lose sleep over the language, but it's clearly contrary to the image he portrays. Also, I don't think he gets a pass based on the setting. If I was at a baseball game or at the store with my 5 year old and a guy was talking loudly like that, I'd say something. No reason he should be treated differently here.

I'm not going to lose sleep over the language, but it's clearly contrary to the image he portrays. Also, I don't think he gets a pass based on the setting. If I was at a baseball game or at the store with my 5 year old and a guy was talking loudly like that, I'd say something. No reason he should be treated differently here.

Yeah, why do you think CA didn't confront James on his language?

Funny how quick some on here are to point out all the negative things about LeBron, even after he won them their first championship in 52 years, yet they never say a peep about him committing over $80 million to put a couple thousand kids through college. What a sh*tty guy.

Funny how quick some on here are to point out all the negative things about LeBron, even after he won them their first championship in 52 years, yet they never say a peep about him committing over $80 million to put a couple thousand kids through college. What a sh*tty guy.

I don't see anyone pointing out "all the negative things". I see most people saying that while his language probably was a little over the top for the setting, in the big picture no one really cares. Mostly due, I'm sure, to all of the POSITIVE that he does through his foundation.