Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cavs no FT attempts in the first half is inexcusable.

3rd qtr was ugly but they kept it close.

Hearing idiots like Colin Cowturd praise Curry for always being money in the Finals and LeBron in Game 1 acted like a 12 year old because first the refs took the game away and then JR did all in the final 36 seconds after putting up 51-8-8.

IF LeBron ever had a game like Curry just had he would be crucified. All I heard from those ESPN/Fox Sports goons was how LeBron didn't do enough in game 2 he had 29-13-9 on 50% from the field. Tonight despite being facilitator he had 33-11-10 and we will hear tomorrow how LeBron had a bad game.

Kevin Love offensively has been one of the bright spots for the Cavs in this series. Where was this guy in the past 2 years in the Finals (or even the playoffs period minus Toronto)? Averaging 7-5 the past 2 finals has put up 21-10, 22-10, 20-13. Only 4 turnovers despite taking 51 shots and is 12/12 from FT's.

The refs have given the Cavs exactly zero love throughout this series, despite it being almost universally acknowledged that they decided the outcome of Game 1. Antagonistic towards them, even. Is Golden State better? Of course. Could this be a 2-1 series in favor of the Cavs? Of course.

It is sickening that LeBron probably gets swept and leaves Cleveland in "uncompetitive" circumstances. Are we really going to have another worthless 2017 Kardashian Game 4 on Friday like last year where GSW or the refs throw it out of pity or so they can celebrate on their home floor (refs included)? Or does the mercy kill come instead? So sad they'll call this Finals less competitive than last year's when last year the Cavs got blown out horrifically twice before a competitive Game 3 loss. Every game this year has been winnable at some point. Shame on the sports writers that endlessly put the Cavs down the first three games giving them no chance, especially the ones from Cleveland who did so. Joe Vardon: "there's nothing they can do to win this series." I didn't see you out there on the court, Joe. Christ, play Game 1 10 times the Cavs win 9+, play Game 3 10 times the Cavs win 5.

Now I'm not a LeBron hater and I don't think he's a fake or jerk or whatever, he brought us the title and doesn't owe Cleveland jack, but if it's an open secret that he's leaving among the media class then he ought to just say Friday is his last game. Waiting is a mistake. They should do something nice instead of end it on a disgusting note. Win or lose. It might have actually been in their damn favor this whole time in that the crowd would be epic and the other players engaged and he could leave with some ridiculous stat line and maybe a win, like Kobe did, or at least do something for the fans at the end should they lose. Or does he want to throw his jersey in a trash can again because Gilbert fired his friend? I don't understand why he wanted to cast a pall over this entire season and playoffs by doing this. Jesus. Something awry with the mentality in Ohio! Everyone here is mean as f

Disclaimer: also according to 538 we still have a 1% chance. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo :p Place those bets now

Last edited:
:laugh: it’s evened out now because the Cavs got a favorable call in the second quarter?

Guess I should have put one of these :stirthepot: as that was tongue in cheek.

The inconsistency from the officials has been bad though and that's the main point I was trying to convey. Couple more:
-Hood draws a foul on Livingston for walking under him; 4th Qtr JR does the same to KD on a 3, no foul
-These two plays may have happened back-to-back or on two of three plays - LeBron gets the ball on the right wing and drives on Durant, takes the bump and nearly ended up with a 3-point play. Next time down, LeBron has the ball in the same spot on Draymond - takes an identical drive and bump but makes the shot and no foul. Could have easily been a foul on Green.

When the Cavs didn't build on the momentum and energy in the building and increase their early lead, that game was OVER.

Igoudala's return was huge last night. He essentially took away Looney's minutes and provided a much more steady presence on both ends of the floor.

Did Durant lock up another Finals MVP last night?

Through 3 games...

Durant: 31.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 6.7 apg

James: 37.7 ppg, 9 rpg, 10.7 apg

I mean, what can you do? You are gifted this game with a great game from Hood, terrible games from Steph and Thompson and still can't get it done because they still have Durant going off for 43.

Igoudala's return was huge last night. He essentially took away Looney's minutes and provided a much more steady presence on both ends of the floor.

Did Durant lock up another Finals MVP last night?

Through 3 games...

Durant: 31.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 6.7 apg

James: 37.7 ppg, 9 rpg, 10.7 apg

Should be James, obviously. But they won't give it to someone on the losing team.

Hearing idiots like Colin Cowturd praise Curry for always being money in the Finals and LeBron in Game 1 acted like a 12 year old because first the refs took the game away and then JR did all in the final 36 seconds after putting up 51-8-8.

IF LeBron ever had a game like Curry just had he would be crucified. All I heard from those ESPN/Fox Sports goons was how LeBron didn't do enough in game 2 he had 29-13-9 on 50% from the field. Tonight despite being facilitator he had 33-11-10 and we will hear tomorrow how LeBron had a bad game.

Kevin Love offensively has been one of the bright spots for the Cavs in this series. Where was this guy in the past 2 years in the Finals (or even the playoffs period minus Toronto)? Averaging 7-5 the past 2 finals has put up 21-10, 22-10, 20-13. Only 4 turnovers despite taking 51 shots and is 12/12 from FT's.

Curry probably lost the Finals MVP race last night. He didn't let his shooting woes affect the other parts of his game - he did have 5 rebounds and 6 assists. But you're right, pitiful game by him and was completely bailed out by Durant.

Love had a great 1st half but disappeared at times in the 2nd half. Big difference in the game IMO as his scoring allowed LeBron to facilitate, but later in the game he wasn't scoring and forced LeBron to score more to keep pace. Even then LeBron was pretty passive the last 4-minutes or so when the game was back and forth. As the greatest player in the world, backs against the wall, he's got to be the attacker/scorer. He tries to make the correct basketball play every time, but sometimes his team needs him to force the offense. Very similar to criticisms of Votto for the Reds, he's always looking to get on base vs. looking for opportunities to score. As the best player on the team sometimes you have to force it and not hope your teammates knock down the shot or get the big hit.

What's a little interesting now is how Golden State won their first title without KD. I mean, they depend on him so much now. Every time they need a basket, he normally gets one. It allows, Curry and Thompson to slide down a rung and they get shots due to spreading the floor.

Personally, I love the Warriors and how that team is constructed. Take out all the narratives, just focus on the basketball. Those last few possessions last night were beautiful basketball. Pass the ball, spread the floor, back cuts for dunks. Just a clinic. And it's not the stars. Livingston, Iggy, Green, they all fit because they are allowed to play.

Cowherd was interesting today, and in perhaps a round-about way lent credence to what I've been saying. He is a big LeBron fan, and yet he admitted today that he hoped from the beginning that the Cavs would be swept, and in fact pummeled. Why ? He wants LeBron to leave.

Consider the many lop-sided calls of game one and no Cavs to the line in the first half of game three from that perspective.

Here's the scoop folks, ESPN/ Fox/ CBS sports, whomever you follow, have decided that simply covering the games does not move the needle enough for their ratings. After all, did anyone over age 25 grow up a Warriors fan?? The fan bases are so fractional and people don't loyally follow their teams enough to make it work for the big national media.
So, they've individualized the NBA. Sadly, there are more people that follow LeBron, love or hate him than TEAMS. So that's what we get. A steady diet of LeBron. It's mind numbing to me, I simply don't care about what LeBron thinks, or how he answers every question, or if the's leaving. We'll find out about that when it's time.

Colin Cowherd isn't in the sports business, he's in the entertainment business. The more crap he can throw on the wall, the more some people listen. It's really too bad that that is was passes for good radio these days.

Game 4 predictions?

Betting lines seem close to Game 3 (Warriors favored by 4-5 points).

I personally think the Warriors win comfortably. Curry and Thompson should shoot better. Durant should continue to score in bunches. Igoudala will probably play more than 14 minutes and continue to provide a positive impact.

I think unless LeBron plays as assertive as Game 1 from start to finish then it's a wrap.

If the Cavs can hit 3’s they will win and I mean at least 12 and shoot better then the 30% they have shot this series.

Here's the scoop folks, ESPN/ Fox/ CBS sports, whomever you follow, have decided that simply covering the games does not move the needle enough for their ratings. After all, did anyone over age 25 grow up a Warriors fan?? The fan bases are so fractional and people don't loyally follow their teams enough to make it work for the big national media.
So, they've individualized the NBA. Sadly, there are more people that follow LeBron, love or hate him than TEAMS. So that's what we get. A steady diet of LeBron. It's mind numbing to me, I simply don't care about what LeBron thinks, or how he answers every question, or if the's leaving. We'll find out about that when it's time.

Colin Cowherd isn't in the sports business, he's in the entertainment business. The more crap he can throw on the wall, the more some people listen. It's really too bad that that is was passes for good radio these days.

Aren’t all sports in the entertainment business ?

Well yeah, when you have 4 of the best 20 players in the world it makes playing basketball a lot easier

That pretty well sums it up. At one point, the Cavs had 3 in the top 25 or 30. Now they have the best player in the game and at best one other player in the top 60. It's simple math.

Yep. He wouldn't be the best player on any NBA and wouldn't be the second player on at least half.

Even with that logic it makes him top 45. He's averaging what ? 21 and 13 in the finals ?
He plays pretty good when they take him away from sleeping in the corner for a three in Cleveland's offense. I do think he lost too much weight in his quest to be a faster player with the Cavs.