Nathan "Nearest" Green the slave that taught Jack Daniels how to make whiskey

Has it been decided whether Daniel's just learned whisky making from Green and made his own whiskey or did you he use Green's recipe? If he did, then why would there be any difference in Jack Daniel's and this new distillery's whiskey? MIght as well get cheapest.

Slaves made rum out of molassis but I don't know if there are any legacy brands of it.

I'll tell you I don't think this was a skill brought over. The good ol boys sitting on the beach drinking out the large container of homemade palm wine had some milky eyes on them. For a large continent, doesn't have too many traditional brews worth keeping.
I think it was the Charcoal mellowing process or Lincoln county process, they attribute to him and are using, not so much the same recipe.

As for Rum, I have heard stories there were Rum runners in my ancestry on the paternal side. No one is willing to go on record though,,

I think it was the Charcoal mellowing process or Lincoln county process, they attribute to him and are using, not so much the same recipe.

As for Rum, I have heard stories there were Rum runners in my ancestry on the paternal side. No one is willing to go on record though,,
I wouldn't put too much of this info out there, all of the alcoholics are gonna want reparations from you because you're black.

I'll sheet in your hat
Which is probably a good analogy for what would be done by most with their reparation if they were given. Those alchollics probably use it to buy more bourbon. BUT, it's your reparation bucket/hat, do with it what you wish. ?

Last edited: