Myles Garrett is not a player, not even a man to Mike Florio. And to Goodell..... ?

cabezadecaballo

Attorney and NFL commentator Mike Florio, @MikeFlorioPFT , who essentially lobbied for Garrett's crucifixion immediately after last Thursday's fracas, is a virtue-signalling man-twat. Unfortunatley, he seems to have the ear of the NFL offices in Manhattan.

Myles Garrett is not a player, not even a man to Mike Florio. He no longer has any rights or expectation of being treated as an equal to Steelers' QB Mason Rudolph, evidently. Garrett is just a teachable moment with which to maintain control over the rest of the rabble, and his punishment is to be a game-safety advertisement for suburban mommies of future players in Florio's eyes.

Florio, as an attorney, knows the value and impact of every word that comes out of his mouth. After a week of stop-go slo-mo views and exhaustive conversation, the virtue-signalling Florio continues to press the simplistic narrative - the party line of the Garrett haters - that, "...Myles Garrett got Rudolph's helmet off and attacked him with it..".

I'm really disappointed that Ken Carman didn't push Mr Legal Expert for the explanation of how a man taking a swing with said helmet - AFTER being driven backward while offering only enough resistance to stay on his feet, AFTER being removed 20 feet away from Rudolph, AFTER being pursued by Rudolph, and AFTER having Rudolph resumed the fight by jumping from behind the man ALREADY aggressively in his face shoving him backward and taking another shot at Garrett - constitutes a man attacking Rudolph. His swing of the helmet was a defensive reaction to Rudolph's attack, however lame it was, and it could not be more clear that Rudolph renewed aggressions and Garrett reacted to THAT RENEWED AGGRESSION precipitated by Rudolph.

From the time that tackle is made, they hit the ground, and the play is over, it is clear in real time that RUDOLPH not only spends more fractions of seconds engaged in non-football aggressive action toward his opponent than Garrett does, but Rudolph acted out first after the tackle AND after the men had been fully disengaged. Rudolph just happens to be less effective when he plays the bad-. Surprising, since he IS 6'4, 240. He is certainly big and strong enough to pose a threat, and he thoroughly demonstrated his intentions with the nut shots and getting inside Garrett's helmet first.

Florio blathered on about big picture perception and precedent. After reluctantly conceding at the onset of the interview that Garrett had not previously been a guy demonstrating violence outside of normal game play, perception of Garrett's previous career personal - the precedent Garrett had set - became irrelevant. Garrett is just a piece of the product to him, and Florio is nothing more than a virtue-signalling man-twat. Too bad he has a microphone.

The NFL wants to make an example of someone. OK. Did Garrett sign up to be reduced to a teachable moment ? Is that in the NFLPA agreement somewhere in the fine print, Mr Florio ?

Last edited:

Attorney and NFL commentator Mike Florio, @MikeFlorioPFT , who essentially lobbied for Garrett's crucifixion immediately after last Thursday's fracas, is a virtue-signalling man-twat. Unfortunatley, he seems to have the ear of the NFL offices in Manhattan.

Myles Garrett is not a player, not even a man to Mike Florio. He no longer has any rights or expectation of being treated as an equal to Steelers' QB Mason Rudolph, evidently. Garrett is just a teachable moment with which to maintain control over the rest of the rabble, and his punishment is to be a game-safety advertisement for suburban mommies of future players in Florio's eyes.

Florio, as an attorney, knows the value and impact of every word that comes out of his mouth. After a week of stop-go slo-mo views and exhaustive conversation, the virtue-signalling Florio continues to press the simplistic narrative - the party line of the Garrett haters - that, "...Myles Garrett got Rudolph's helmet off and attacked him with it..".

I'm really disappointed that Ken Carman didn't push Mr Legal Expert for the explanation of how a man taking a swing with said helmet - AFTER being driven backward while offering only enough resistance to stay on his feet, AFTER being removed 20 feet away from Rudolph, AFTER being pursued by Rudolph, and AFTER having Rudolph resumed the fight by jumping from behind the man ALREADY aggressively in his face shoving him backward and taking another shot at Garrett - constitutes a man attacking Rudolph. His swing of the helmet was a defensive reaction to Rudolph's attack, however lame it was, and it could not be more clear that Rudolph renewed aggressions and Garrett reacted to THAT RENEWED AGGRESSION precipitated by Rudolph.

From the time that tackle is made, they hit the ground, and the play is over, it is clear in real time that RUDOLPH not only spends more fractions of seconds engaged in non-football aggressive action toward his opponent than Garrett does, but Rudolph acted out first after the tackle AND after the men had been fully disengaged. Rudolph just happens to be less effective when he plays the bad-. Surprising, since he IS 6'4, 240. He is certainly big and strong enough to pose a threat, and he thoroughly demonstrated his intentions with the nut shots and getting inside Garrett's helmet first.

Florio blathered on about big picture perception and precedent. After reluctantly conceding at the onset of the interview that Garrett had not previously been a guy demonstrating violence outside of normal game play, perception of Garrett's previous career personal - the precedent Garrett had set - became irrelevant. Garrett is just a piece of the product to him, and Florio is nothing more than a virtue-signalling man-twat. Too bad he has a microphone.

The NFL wants to make an example of someone. OK. Did Garrett sign up to be reduced to a teachable moment ? Is that in the NFLPA agreement somewhere in the fine print, Mr Florio ?

I agree with this breakdown of the events. Clearly Garrett should have been flagged for unnecessary roughness for the original tackle, which was stupid to be sure, given the time and score. It could have ended there. Rudolph was the original agitator when they were on the ground, and renewed the conflict after they were originally separated. He should be facing discipline also.

Free Garret.
He got hosed!!!!!!!!
But this is just a moronic Steelers fan trolling. As a Browns fan, I know Garrett deserves a larger punishment because he crossed way over the line in his retailation.

I agree with this breakdown of the events. Clearly Garrett should have been flagged for unnecessary roughness for the original tackle, which was stupid to be sure, given the time and score. It could have ended there. Rudolph was the original agitator when they were on the ground, and renewed the conflict after they were originally separated. He should be facing discipline also.

But this is just a moronic Steelers fan trolling. As a Browns fan, I know Garrett deserves a larger punishment because he crossed way over the line in his retailation.

I disagree with this^. Watch it in real time, and forget the fight. Offense full go, defense full go. Black and yellow capitulates on OFFENSE, and brown and orange reacts similarly on DEFENSE. That's how it works.

I'm on board with the rest of your post.

PS except thav isn't a moron. Just a troll.....

giphy.gif

Big news, from Schefter and Josinah Anderson. Someone from the NFL offices told them that Garrett's initial statement before dialogue with Thrash includes Garrett's assertion that Rudolph called Garrett a racial slur before the melee.

When Tomlin refused to comment post-game, did he know ?

If this is true, how can Garrett's flip-out be the ONLY teachable moment in this event ? Someone go get Florio to comment, please.

If this isn't true, I'd be absolutely shocked. Just as I believed Garrett was above this kind of flip-out and was amazed when I saw it happen, after 5 days to cool down I think he is far above lying about something this serious.

Last edited:
If it is proven that Rudolph used a slur, this should be Pittsburgh's biggest worry. He'll be public enema #1.

Ian Rappaport stepping back and not even wanting to guess at anything. Total Joe Friday, just the facts. He is going with all we know for sure is the helmet strike.

Pouncey from 3 games suspended down to 2 for kicking Garrett when DeCastro had him down.

Garrett's suspension "upheld" as still indefinite. Rappaport and Fox are acting as is that still means at least all season. I think it may mean less than that. Goodell is probably letting Twitter decide.

Rappaport also was told $45k fines.

If it is proven that Rudolph used a slur, this should be Pittsburgh's biggest worry. He'll be public enema #1.
There will no way this can be proven, one way or another. Unless there was some microphone we don't know about. And there has been no 1st hand account of Myles saying this. Only 'reports'. IF Mason did say this, Myles would have brought it up immediately to his teammates, either on the spot or just after while emotions are high. I'd be shocked if Mason actually said this and the only thing we hear about this is a 2nd hand report a week later

How big would the ratings be for next weekend Steelers-Browns game if MG was allowed to play?
Let them play...The NFL is so scared to embrace the gladiator.
The part of American football that is primal is what makes the sport so intriguing to spectators and makes it into a spectacle. It is a huge reason why the NFL dominates ratings.

I’m not saying I want to see blood on the sand. The problem I have is the NFL sanitizing the sport to the point that it is no longer the sport we all love.

Lol, yeah, I’m sure Rudolph racially slurred him on the field. That would be incredible stupidity.

Anyway, Florio > weirdo
Why’d he also wait until after his appeal was denied to bring it up? Joe Thomas tweeted out that the Center is usually mic’d so presumably, there would be audio of this.

Frankly, unless they can prove Rudolph said something, they should add 3 games to Garret’s suspension for lying.

Why’d he also wait until after his appeal was denied to bring it up? Joe Thomas tweeted out that the Center is usually mic’d so presumably, there would be audio of this.

Frankly, unless they can prove Rudolph said something, they should add 3 games to Garret’s suspension for lying.
Or at least make it more indefinite.

Florio is Goddell's Giuliani; a legal mouthpiece disguised as a "journalist" unafraid of a live microphone, willing to do the bidding of the man in charge to stay in good favor with the high office of NFL Commissioner. Toe the company line, even if there is stark evidence to the contrary. He wants to diminish Garrett as a sub-human form of life, that's fine. He's entitled to his opinion. But to dismiss what is in front of his very eyes; that Rudolph instigated and exacerbated the incident by trying to first yank Garrett's helmet off and then try to nail him in the groin on two different occasion is apparently passable behavior to the sanctimonious Goddell lapdog. If Florio was an employee of the NFL, I could understand his position. But as a supposed reporter, he again falls short.

Florio is Goddell's Giuliani; a legal mouthpiece disguised as a "journalist" unafraid of a live microphone, willing to do the bidding of the man in charge to stay in good favor with the high office of NFL Commissioner. Toe the company line, even if there is stark evidence to the contrary. He wants to diminish Garrett as a sub-human form of life, that's fine. He's entitled to his opinion. But to dismiss what is in front of his very eyes; that Rudolph instigated and exacerbated the incident by trying to first yank Garrett's helmet off and then try to nail him in the groin on two different occasion is apparently passable behavior to the sanctimonious Goddell lapdog. If Florio was an employee of the NFL, I could understand his position. But as a supposed reporter, he again falls short.
That’s just dumb since Florio is a heavy vocal supporter of Kaepernick

There will no way this can be proven, one way or another. Unless there was some microphone we don't know about. And there has been no 1st hand account of Myles saying this. Only 'reports'. IF Mason did say this, Myles would have brought it up immediately to his teammates, either on the spot or just after while emotions are high. I'd be shocked if Mason actually said this and the only thing we hear about this is a 2nd hand report a week later
They were just reading part of the transcript of his League interview on the radio. It seemed Garrett did not even want to really talk about it, but he encouraged the NFL to examine all of the available video and audio recordings. He clearly seems to believe that they will find Rudolph’s expletive and is hesitant to actually be aggressively making the accusation.

It played a part in his state of mind when he acted, and it sounds like he just wants the truth to be known and let the arbiters decide what to do about it.

Lol, yeah, I’m sure Rudolph racially slurred him on the field. That would be incredible stupidity.

Anyway, Florio > weirdo

quit trolling, and watch the video again, especially where Rudolph doesn’t have his face concealed by his helmet. When he comes charging up to DeCastro and Garrett, he’s clearly out of his mind

quit trolling, and watch the video again, especially where Rudolph doesn’t have his face concealed by his helmet. When he comes charging up to DeCastro and Garrett, he’s clearly out of his mind
If he wasn’t a Brown, zero chance you take this position. Absolutely, zero.

He stated it in the introduction of his appeal, and to no one else publicly

If he wasn’t a Brown, zero chance you take this position. Absolutely, zero.
You clearly don’t have a clue.

My position would be exactly the same, regardless of who it was. I might not give a crap, or at least enough to write about it, but my position would be identical. I doubt that you know a more evenhanded person than myself, Church included.