MVL 2022

Greenville isn't very good, but I expected a better showing than this. I guess it just shows how bad Butler is. That game wasn't even as close as the score indicated.
I would not say Butler is bad... They struggle on offense. Cates is getting it turned around. Yeah, they did not show up for the Greenville game but they held their own against Xenia, beat Stebbins, and played respectbale against Piqua tonight. They should have beaten Sidney too but had too many mistakes in the redzone. We will see what is in store against Troy next Friday...

I would not say Butler is bad... They struggle on offense. Cates is getting it turned around. Yeah, they did not show up for the Greenville game but they held their own against Xenia, beat Stebbins, and played respectbale against Piqua tonight. They should have beaten Sidney too but had too many mistakes in the redzone. We will see what is in store against Troy next Friday...

Piqua ran 8 different plays vs Butler the entire game. They ran the exact same play for 3 series. Piqua toyed with Butler

I would say Butler is bad. But the whole conference outside of a few teams is bad. Coming from a Troy fan and we also are not very good despite we will finish with a 7-3 record.

I would say Butler is bad. But the whole conference outside of a few teams is bad. Coming from a Troy fan and we also are not very good despite we will finish with a 7-3 record.
Conference has basically separated itself into 3 tiers:

Tier 1 - Xenia, Tipp, Piqua
...big drop off
Tier 2 - Troy
...really big drop off
Tier 3 - everyone else

Looking at Joe's site, I think Tipp is the only team that makes it into the playoffs in DIII. I think three teams get first round home games in DII with Xenia, Piqua and Troy all getting home games in Round 1. Xenia will be the only team get a home game in Round 2 and I think they are the only team that will still be playing in Round 3.

I think Tipp can get to round 3 at least they will get home games in Round 1 and Round 2.

Tipp has a good team but D3 is really tough this year. Most years they may be able to make a run but I don’t know about this year. We’ll see

Yes, DIII is hard to figure out who is even going to play in Round 1. let alone who the likely match up for Round 2 is going to be.

Conference has basically separated itself into 3 tiers:

Tier 1 - Xenia, Tipp, Piqua
...big drop off
Tier 2 - Troy
...really big drop off
Tier 3 - everyone else
Agreed,if healthy the top tier teams should win a game or two in the playoffs but it'll be tough to beat the Cincinnati powers considering the less than stellar competition offered by the rest of the MVL.

Tipp has a good team but D3 is really tough this year. Most years they may be able to make a run but I don’t know about this year. We’ll see
R12 seems to be pretty up in the air at the moment, at least based on how Badin has played the last 2 weeks. To me it seems like there are 5 teams with a realistic shot of winning the region (Badin, Western Brown, Tipp, Wapak, and Bellbrook).

For Tipp, they'll likely have a cakewalk of sorts in round 1, but I could see them losing as early as round 2 if they get a bad matchup or play poorly, as teams like CJ or Monroe definitely are capable of pulling the upset. From there you just have to show up with your best game each week and hope it's enough.

Based on the projections Tipp will be the 3 seed and play Hillsboro in round 1. That is a cakewalk. They will then play the winner of the 6 and 11 seed matchup between CJ and Trotwood. Western Brown is the projected #2 seed and Tipp wouldn’t play them until the 3rd round (regional semis). I don’t see Tipp losing in the first two rounds unless Bellbrook somehow drops to the 6th seed. Western Brown vs Tipp would be a great matchup and one that would really test Tipp due to WB really spreading it out and throwing it all over the field. But I do think it’s a game Tipp can win

In D2 R8, Piqua and Troy are both gonna host, but Troy likely hosting Anderson (52%) probably isn't a great matchup for them. Meanwhile Piqua is likely to host Stebbins. After that they'd likely travel to Edgewood, and although Piqua has had their issues this season, I still feel like that could be winnable for them if they play well.

Sidney playing at Kings will be lopsided. Then Xenia would be looking at the winner of Troy-Anderson in the 2nd round after they get past Little Miami or Lima Senior in the 1st round. Still some things that could change up depending on outcomes this week though.

I think Tipp broke Piqua, they won tonight vs Stebbins 35-15 but there no no energy and it didn't look like they cared to even be there. Maybe they get bounced next week in Round 1.

I think Tipp broke Piqua, they won tonight vs Stebbins 35-15 but there no no energy and it didn't look like they cared to even be there. Maybe they get bounced next week in Round 1.
If the Joe Eitel rankings are accurate, Piqua and Stebbins will play again next week.

A win vs Stebbins will send Piqua to Trenton in Round 2. This is not an ideal situation, they will have blood in their eyes after the loss we delivered to them last year!

The Hillsboro Indians come to Tipp Park Friday night. They are 4-6 and won 1 game in the Frontier Athletic Conference (Greenfield McClain) last week. Other than that, don’t know much about them.

I'm curious to see if Troy can hang with Anderson, otherwise the MVL first round slate isn't super exciting. Maybe the Piqua-Stebbins game is interesting since they have to play 2 weeks in a row, but I have to think Piqua sorts out some of their troubles and advances without issue.

The Hillsboro Indians come to Tipp Park Friday night. They are 4-6 and won 1 game in the Frontier Athletic Conference (Greenfield McClain) last week. Other than that, don’t know much about them.
Tipp will handle them easily. I expect CJ to beat Trotwood and for Tipp to square off against CJ next week. CJ’s record seems to be deceiving as they played a tough schedule, it should be a good game. Although it reminds me a lot of Tipp vs Alter last year.

I'm curious to see if Troy can hang with Anderson, otherwise the MVL first round slate isn't super exciting. Maybe the Piqua-Stebbins game is interesting since they have to play 2 weeks in a row, but I have to think Piqua sorts out some of their troubles and advances without issue.
I don’t think Troy is going to be able to hang close with Anderson. They just have to much offense and Troy is too one dimensional. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was a running clock.

Tipp will handle them easily. I expect CJ to beat Trotwood and for Tipp to square off against CJ next week. CJ’s record seems to be deceiving as they played a tough schedule, it should be a good game. Although it reminds me a lot of Tipp vs Alter last year.

CJ appears to be a sneaky good team with the sort of seed they have. They ended the season with a few solid performances and actually had more total offense in their losses to Fenwick and Badin.

I guess I wouldn't put it past Trotwood with Carpenter at QB knocking off CJ too, but I'd have to agree and favor CJ in that one. Trotwood feels like a bit of an unknown given their losses are all to very good teams, but their wins are over DPS schools and an Alter team that is clearly down this season.

Either way that 2nd round game for Tipp should be an entertaining one to watch.

Xenia losing to a 3-7 15 seed is pathetic. Troy getting blown out to a 5-5 10 seed isn’t good. The MVL with a pretty bad showing in round 1. Tipp will face off against Trotwood in round 2, will they finally be able to get past Trotwood in the playoffs? We will see, it will surely be a good game. I think it’s safe to say this league isn’t very good at football. Which is something we all should have known considering the smallest school in the league is a top 2 program in the league.