MVL 2022

I didn’t say Tipp wasn’t going to beat Piqua, I said Tipp has the capability of hanging with Piqua if they come out strong. Don’t be shocked if it’s a 35-21 game as opposed to 50-7 type game.
I get it. Wasn’t stating anything to the contrary.

I don’t think anyone is hanging with or beating Piqua in the regular season. The next best MVL team is Tipp and it ain’t even close. Piqua will beat them by 5 TD,s. Xenia will likely score on Piqua but I do t know that anyone else will. Looking at these recent scores the Indians appear to be scary good.

I don’t think anyone is hanging with or beating Piqua in the regular season. The next best MVL team is Tipp and it ain’t even close. Piqua will beat them by 5 TD,s. Xenia will likely score on Piqua but I do t know that anyone else will. Looking at these recent scores the Indians appear to be scary good.
Nobody is close to Piqua, but I think Xenia is right there with Tipp. I suppose we'll find out a lot about both Piqua and Xenia next Friday.

I think Piqua will have a harder time with Xenia then most of you do. I wish this thread had some posters from Xenia!

I think Piqua will have a harder time with Xenia then most of you do. I wish this thread had some posters from Xenia!
I was at the Xenia/Troy game and was impressed with Xenia, the score was closer than the game actually was. Not sure they can hang with Piqua(who I haven’t seen yet). I expect Xenia to go 9-1 and Piqua to run the table. As far as Tipp goes, it could be a good game with Xenia but I don’t think they have the size or experience to beat Piqua.

Piqua #6 and Xenia #10 in the DII poll as well.

AP polls are always a joke though, like... who in their right mind gave Tipp and Xenia a first place vote? Nice recognition for the schools, but meaningless
It's nice, sure. But at least in Division III, it's insane Chardon doesn't have every single first place vote. They look like a strong lock to win 3 in a row.
Piqua is the one from the MVL I wouldn't have a problem getting some of those votes. Winton Woods is tough again, but you have to play the games.

I have been to all three Xenia games and I think they will give Piqua a better game than they have had this year. I don't know if they have enough to knock them off, but they are well coached and the players are buying into Coach Harden's plan. I agree with the Troy game, Xenia controlled most of the game except for a pick six and then Troy got the onside kick to start the third quarter, other than that, it wasn't much of a game. I know Piqua shut them out, but I know Troy lost a bunch of players during the Xenia game and I don't know who made it back it play against Piqua.

No stats have been posted on the MVL website for Stebbins @ West Carrollton. Anyone know why? I didn't go down to the game and wanted to see how the D1-committed wide receiver was progressing at QB for Stebbins.

He will have a field day vs. the Troy secondary.
I'm not entirely sure of that, but the Trojans will need to be fast. Stebbins has the 2nd fastest player on the team running around throwing to the fastest player.

Adrian Norton (Akron commit as a WR) mostly operated a zone read offense in the Greenville game. Senior running back Damir Dewberry is a star - quick and explosive, despite being on the small side. Stebbins did rotate in another senior, Caydon Caudill, who is a bit bigger but does not want for speed in the open field - which made for a seamless transition between the two backs.

Norton did find his most dangerous target, Rayvonn Harris-Belle three times for TDs at Greenville. Harris-Belle is freakishly fast. Troy fans who made the trip to Riverside in 2020 may remember the 77 yard TD he scored off a slant play as a Freshman. That moment put a lot of people on notice - he can turn the game into a track meet at any point, and he is going to win that race. Sophomore WR Deshawn Cunningham also has soft hands and can make defenders miss tackles.

Troy will need to keep the mobile QB in front of them to have a chance. Even if they do that, they will be looking at Dewberry rushing behind one of the best OLs Stebbins has fielded in a long time (anchored by Junior Jake Wheelock who already holds offers from Toledo and Akron) while also trying to keep Harris-Belle from blowing the top off. On the other side of the ball I do not know how anyone who is not very stout up front (or has an unreal talent like Greenville's Brock Short) will find a consistent way to move the ball. What we've seen from the DL and linebackers (especially Juniors Isaac Dellaria and Lavell Lyles) has been very good.

Tipp’s bleachers are completed and have passed inspection, the rest of the home games will be played at city park!

I have been to all three Xenia games and I think they will give Piqua a better game than they have had this year. I don't know if they have enough to knock them off, but they are well coached and the players are buying into Coach Harden's plan. I agree with the Troy game, Xenia controlled most of the game except for a pick six and then Troy got the onside kick to start the third quarter, other than that, it wasn't much of a game. I know Piqua shut them out, but I know Troy lost a bunch of players during the Xenia game and I don't know who made it back it play against Piqua.

Neither Piqua nor Xenia have been in a game yet this season, but I think that's about to change. Obviously I am picking Piqua, I won't be shocked if Xenia wins but I also won't be shocked if Piqua doesn't running clock them. Some things to point out and I know the competition is pretty low but it's still kind of impressive. Not only has Piqua not been scored on, but Troy only crossed the 50 one time and that was JV vs JV inside the final 60 seconds of the game. I'm not sure Belmont nor West Carrolton crossed the 50 more than twice each. Also Piqua has not punted in the first three games. Again given the teams that they have played it's not a huge accomplishment but it's something worth noting. Piqua will have their hands full trying to stop Xenia's offense as long as Xenia doesn't make mistakes. Does Xenia's defense have what it takes to stop Piqua's offense. You can not key in on any player or any scheme, they can do anything they need to move the ball.

The only sad thing about this game is, this will most likely be the only game either team gets challenged the rest of the year until the playoffs where we might get a rematch if things work out.

Best of luck to both teams, as always I hope it's injury free!

Get up, it's gameday!

The Troy Trojans come down to Riverside for a potentially historically relevant matchup. Stebbins have not beaten Troy since 1973, have lost 15 straight to Troy, and are just 2-19 all time in the series. But the last two years have been close games - both 28-21 losses with last year's coming in OT! Stebbins is off to its third straight 3-0 start and looks capable of taking the next step against Troy. The pick-em thread seems to agree, where a majority this week have the Indians winning.

Can the Stebbins offense get it done? Last year incomplete passes and miscues slowed them down and let Troy hang around. This year the offense is centered around a few great athletes - perhaps enough to keep the Trojans defense off balance attempting to account for all of the playmakers.
Can the Stebbins defense get it done? The Indians are very good in the trenches, but can Troy exploit them down the field?

I like Stebbins at home to put the pieces together for an important win.
Troy 20
Stebbins 32

Valued point... Hoping Butler can put it together at home and get a big win tonight.
Hoping for better showing than last year. Need the offense to move the ball. They keep putting the defense is bad field position. six turnovers in 3 games is not good. Last in offense in MVL not getting it done.

Get up, it's gameday!

The Troy Trojans come down to Riverside for a potentially historically relevant matchup. Stebbins have not beaten Troy since 1973, have lost 15 straight to Troy, and are just 2-19 all time in the series. But the last two years have been close games - both 28-21 losses with last year's coming in OT! Stebbins is off to its third straight 3-0 start and looks capable of taking the next step against Troy. The pick-em thread seems to agree, where a majority this week have the Indians winning.

Can the Stebbins offense get it done? Last year incomplete passes and miscues slowed them down and let Troy hang around. This year the offense is centered around a few great athletes - perhaps enough to keep the Trojans defense off balance attempting to account for all of the playmakers.
Can the Stebbins defense get it done? The Indians are very good in the trenches, but can Troy exploit them down the field?

I like Stebbins at home to put the pieces together for an important win.
Troy 20
Stebbins 32
Lets make it 2-20!! Was that 1973 game with Ron Sorey at QB?

Last edited: