MVL 2019-2020

TippIsGreat

What are your predictions for this year in the new MVL? Xenia and Sidney lost the beat players in their programs histories in Samari Curtis and Andre Gordon. Tipp returns all 5 starters along with some talented underclass men. 6’4 Senior guard Nolan Mader returns after averaging 18 points last year. He has offers from Urbana and Cedarville. 6’5 Junior guard Ben Knostman returns after averaging 11 points last year and has 3 early offers from Malone, UNOH and Point Park. 6’6 Junior forward Zac Frederick averaged 9 points a game last season. 6’5 senior Forward Jake Rowland, 6’ sophomore guard Griffin Caldwell, 6’ Junior guard Johnny Baileys and 6’2 Junior guard Josh Riffell all return as well. This will be the most talented team Tipp has had in awhile and they have a really strong and long backcourt with Mader and Knostman. Should be a good season

Conference will be rather week overall. But, like football, should make for some excellent matchups.

Vandalia is the back to back champs of the GWOC and carry that into the MVL. They lost a few guys but have a lot of talent coming back and some new guys that will be bringing it this year. Vandalia's to lose.

Losing Andre and Ratez is obviously a big blow to Sidney, but they'll still have a very athletic team. I think they'll be mediocre team that ends up in the 12 win range.

Stebbins returns 7 that started at one point or another last yr and look to be competitive this yr.

Why no stats for Mader in first game. Injury?
Yes he’s out right now. Tipp lost to Stebbins last night by 7. Ben Knostman is having a good season so far though. He almost logged a triple double last night with 14 points, 11 assists and 9 boards

I am really liking the unpredictability in the new MVL no one predicted how crazy the football season played out. Now looking like basketball may be the same way.

Through 3 games Ben Knostman is averaging 19 points, 8.7 rebounds and 8.3 assists per game. He is only a junior. Tipp is 2-1 without Nolan Mader so far this season.

Troy isn’t as bad as I thought. They have a pretty good junior who can get buckets. They’ll be better than they have in a few years but still not great.

Did Tipp beat them or did the refs beat them? Travel 100 times and no calls. Terrible foul calls all night in favor of Tipp. We will see y’all again though.

Went and watched the Piqua-Xenia game tonight. Piqua won 47-44....... They will only win a few games this year, if they win another at all.

Didn't expect a whole lot from Butler this year after losing key talent and their coach. But really disappointed to see how this team has made a habit of blowing leads late to lose games. In all three losses the team has lost the games due to a horrendous quarter of play. This does not show a team with focus and determination. Looks like it's back to usual at Butler for basketball and football. Bad to average will be the product each year.

Tipp with wins over Greenville and Fairborn before they head south to a tournament In Florida. They are 6-1 on the season. Ben Knostman is looking like the player of the year so far.

Ben Knostman with his second triple double of the season against Fairborn. 25 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. He is leading the MVL in scoring at 18.1 PPG, and assists at 8.7. He is second in rebound at 9.4 per game.
He nearly had a quadruple double against Greenville with 12 points, 9 assists, 8 rebounds and 8 steals

Ben Knostman with his second triple double of the season against Fairborn. 25 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. He is leading the MVL in scoring at 18.1 PPG, and assists at 8.7. He is second in rebound at 9.4 per game.
He nearly had a quadruple double against Greenville with 12 points, 9 assists, 8 rebounds and 8 steals
That is serious stats, wow.

Is Tipp the best team this year? I heard the league as a whole is way dowm talent wise.

That is serious stats, wow.

Is Tipp the best team this year? I heard the league as a whole is way dowm talent wise.
Sure seems like they’re the odds on favorite, but what is up with Nolan Mader? I assume he’s hurt, but is it a long term injury. Knostman has been able to pick up his slack scoring wise so far. I think better perimeter defending teams are going to prove to be more of a threat until Mader returns.

Sure seems like they’re the odds on favorite, but what is up with Nolan Mader? I assume he’s hurt, but is it a long term injury. Knostman has been able to pick up his slack scoring wise so far. I think better perimeter defending teams are going to prove to be more of a threat until Mader returns.
Mader has a case of severe shin splints, they are hoping to get him back after Christmas break in early January. They are 6-1 without him and when he comes back they will have 3 legitimate scorers in Mader, Knostman and Zach Frederick. Tipp lacks size so they could struggle with bigger teams. However, when Mader returns, they will have one of the best backcourts in the area.
The scary thing is that Nolan Mader is the only senior who is a serious contributor on the team. Ben Knostman and Zack Frederick are juniors and their 3rd leading scorer Gavin Garlitz is only a sophomore.

Troy 68
Middletown 60

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Rick Cassano's report and photo gallery from the game

Annual subscription is 16 cents a day, monthly subscription is 33 cents a day