D3 Salem:
St Thomas Aquinas at Springfield
East Canton at Waterloo

D4 Struthers:
Milton at McDonald
Lowellville at Mathews
Lisbon at Sebring

Think there’s a decent chance 5 MVAC schools get to the district semi’s

Wouldn't be surprised to see all six advance.
Ridge and Lo'ville both played very well tonight.

Ridge led after 3 against 1 seed Garfield but the G-Men prevailed by 8.

Overall the MVAC went 5-2 tonight (1 of the losses was to another MVAC team.
D3 Salem
1- Waterloo 76
8- East Canton 46

2- Springfield 71
7- St Thomas Aquinas 61

D3 Warren
1- Garfield 90
8- Ridge 82

D4 Struthers
1- McDonald 71
8- Milton 31

3- Sebring 57
6- Lisbon 44

5- Lowellville 70
4- Mathews 55

District semi-finals:
D3 Salem
3/2 1- Waterloo vs 4- South Range
3/3 2- Springfield vs 3- Columbiana

D4 Struthers
3/2 1- McDonald vs 5- Lowellville
3/3 2- Southern vs 3- Sebring

Could definitely see 2 all MVAC District championship games, but those are some good matchups.

Think you're right.

Waterloo vs. Springfield Local

McDonald vs. Southern Local

I reckon we'll know for sure shortly.

McDonald wins 73-60. Credit to Lowellville, they played a great game making a ton of contested shots and not turning it over much after the 1st Quarter. As for McDonald they’ll need to play much better going forward. Lots of turnovers and missed shots around the rim. Survive and move on.

McDonald wins 73-60. Credit to Lowellville, they played a great game making a ton of contested shots and not turning it over much after the 1st Quarter. As for McDonald they’ll need to play much better going forward. Lots of turnovers and missed shots around the rim. Survive and move on.
The amazing thing is that many of McDonald’s turnovers were unforced. Just silly, lazy passes or dropping or mishandling easy passes. I think Rasile and Portolese are the only ones that have played at the Fieldhouse. They both played well. Their two other scorers have to step it up a notch next game. The others may have had a little nerves to get out of their system or maybe just getting used to the different atmosphere.

Southern downs Sebring. 64-56 A sluggish first quarter and late turnovers and foul trouble does in the Trojans. For the life of me I'll never understand how a team can come out with no energy in a tournament game but you see it all the time at different levels. Good luck Friday to the Indians. You have a scrappy team and #3 is a heck of a player.

MVAC home to 2 district champions! Waterloo wins the D3 Salem district in the rubber match with fellow MVAC school Springfield. They move on to play Labrae who I’d say Waterloo is a favorite against.

McDonald wins the D4 Struthers district over Southern in a game they led by 20+ the majority of but let southern get back in it with very careless passes against the 4th quarter Indians press. Blue Devils face a familiar school in Lucas at regionals. Lucas beat McDonald in OT in the football playoffs en route to their state runner-up.

MVAC home to 2 district champions! Waterloo wins the D3 Salem district in the rubber match with fellow MVAC school Springfield. They move on to play Labrae who I’d say Waterloo is a favorite against.

McDonald wins the D4 Struthers district over Southern in a game they led by 20+ the majority of but let southern get back in it with very careless passes against the 4th quarter Indians press. Blue Devils face a familiar school in Lucas at regionals. Lucas beat McDonald in OT in the football playoffs en route to their state runner-up.
I'll predict Waterloo over LaBrae
and
McDonald over Lucas

Good luck to both MVAC powerhouses!

As much speculated coach Rasile has stepped down from McDonald. To put it lightly there has certainly been split opinions about him over the years, but he also brought tremendous success in his 16 years: 328 wins (20.5 per season), 6 district championships, and 11 league championships.

An interesting question would be what team was the best of the Rasile era? The 2 that stand out are 2010-11 and 16-17, and they were both great in vastly different ways.

The best win is obviously Richmond Heights in the regional semi in 2011.