MVAC

McDonald goes on the road on a back to back and beats JFK 65-62 after trailing by 11. Good tourney prep against a physical and athletic team. Blue devils do need to clean up the free throw shooting, left a lot of points out there. Still didn’t think this team would be 11-1 at this point, great start

The thread is quiet, so just to keep it on the front page I'll report...

Waterloo stays in a tie atop the Standings by holding off Sebring 76-70 Tuesday night.

Wasn't at the game but reports are it was hotly contested down the strech and a couple Technical fouls and questionable calls (going both ways) may have been issues!

Any other news from Tuesday?

I think everyone should have played everyone in the league once now. Waterloo and McDonald tied with 1 league loss, Springfield with 2 and Sebring with 3.

McDonald handled Reserve Tuesday 90-41 to get to 12-1 overall. They host Lowellville Friday before a huge 3 game stretch- hosting 1 loss Bristol, hosting Waterloo, then traveling to Springfield.

Springfield is a huge dark horse, out of the 3 top teams in conference its bad basketball, each 3 teams will bring their best against each other, should be a crazy finish in league
Springfield travels to Waterloo on Friday night, huge game obviously with big league implications. Not quite a must win for Springfield if they want a MVAC championship but pretty close to it.

Waterloo with a very impressive win over Springfield 84-64.

McDonald handled Lowellville 91-49. Rasile scores 41 and is up to 6th, along with getting the Trumbull county record moving past Rex Leach.

This sets up the showdown next Friday with Waterloo visiting McDonald, both with just 1 loss in the MVAC.

Wild game in McDonald. Bristol led by as many as 17 in the first half and 46-32 at half. McDonald then dominated, outscoring Bristol 25-7 in the 3rd, and 26-18 in the 4th for a 83-71 win (the lead was as high as 16 late in the 4th).

Blue devils struggled mightily with Bristol’s press early, along with McDonald’s big getting into deep foul trouble and missing open 3’s.

Waterloo gets by South Range 54-51. Setting up the huge showdown Friday night in McDonald, Waterloo 13-1 and McDonald 14-1.

Springfield fell to Poland 59-51. Ridge lost to Labrae 68-54. Sebring pummeled Leetonia. Columbiana crushed Lowellville, and Lisbon best Reserve by 6.

Waterloo wins the showdown 57-48 and is in firm grasp of the MVAC race. McDonald made a big push late 3rd and early 4th to turn a 37-28 Waterloo lead to a 43-39 McDonald lead, but just couldn’t get any shots to fall down the stretch. They were good looks, ones you want.

Great atmosphere, both teams played hard and gritty all night despite having the most incompetent ref in the area on the game who exaggerates every call to make it about him. (Note I’m not blaming officiating on the outcome as this guy was just incompetent, both teams suffered due to his poor officiating.)

Kingpin2010, I feel for ya man.
I was watching the Struthers game live on ysnlive. Talk about hometown cookin’. Luckily we were able to beat Poland and the refs.
a packed house at Poland, and that could be 2,500 or more.

It certainly wasn’t home cooking and i don’t think he favored one team or the other. I hate talking about officiating because I believe for the most part they do good jobs. But I’ve seen this ref for years just be incompetent, along with the very animated calls to make it about him. He called probably 75% of the fouls in the game.

Good to hear it was a great crowd in Poland. McDonald gym was standing room only for this game.

It certainly wasn’t home cooking and i don’t think he favored one team or the other. I hate talking about officiating because I believe for the most part they do good jobs. But I’ve seen this ref for years just be incompetent, along with the very animated calls to make it about him. He called probably 75% of the fouls in the game.

Good to hear it was a great crowd in Poland. McDonald gym was standing room only for this game.
Here's a good link of our game tonight. Actually shows some of the best parts of the end of the game. For people my age, this is heart attack city. :p

Quite sure the atmosphere in McDonald was similar. I know Waterloo has a good team, but I guess I expected a much different result considering the game was in McDonald. The one time I was there, the place was berserk. What a great facility for a school your size.
A shame the result wasn't what plenty of people had in mind.

Regroup. You guys have a hell of a team!

Just by looking at Collins WR record that’s a really good win for Springfield. Tonight should be a good game, just like the first meeting. I’d think it’s more important to Springfield given their tough district compared to McDonald whos likely to be the 1 in Struthers regardless.

If you can break Mcdonald’s press (for the whole duration of the game) and contain Rasile, you’ll be favorable in beating McDonald. That being said, McDoanld will still be the favorite in D4 Struthers. Out of there, good luck. Springfield looks to be rolling after their Waterloo loss.
No sugar coating this, Springfield put a beat down on McDonald tonight. They were tremendous on D and their offense scored at ease.