MVAC

wf2112

Rasile is currently at 2,026 going into his senior year. Scoring 832 in his junior season. If he does that again he will be at 2,858 putting him 4th all time in the state of ohio and 119 behind 2nd all time. Great accomplishment for Zack and look forward to him shooting for 2nd.

With that being said whats everyone looking like? Not sure what anyone is bringing back besides McDonald.

Rasile
Tucker
Portolese
Carkido

With Street and Hawk being the 5th-6th. I dont think there is much after that unless I am missing someone

Last edited:

Waterloo is the overwhelming favorites, I think they return their entire team. Springfield is probably second in line, they lost a couple good players but still return a good chunk. McDonald is solidly 3rd- Lowellville lost their entire team, ridge and Sebring lost their best players. McDonald should be the favorites in the district though, very weak.

McDonald OOC schedule:
-Heartland Christian then winner of Lisbon/Valley Christian.
-Girard
-Niles
-Lakeview
-JFK
-Bristol
-Youngstown East

Waterloo - brings back entire team, should be favorite and not close.
Springfield - brings back their core, Coach French is a great coach and will have them ready for every game.
McDonald - has best player in the league, role players need to step up and they will finish 3rd.
Sebring - losses Clark, returns lanzer and three other starters.

From here it is a toss up on what kids step up for the remaining teams. Should be an interesting year across the board.

Waterloo - brings back entire team, should be favorite and not close.
Springfield - brings back their core, Coach French is a great coach and will have them ready for every game.
McDonald - has best player in the league, role players need to step up and they will finish 3rd.
Sebring - losses Clark, returns lanzer and three other starters.

From here it is a toss up on what kids step up for the remaining teams. Should be an interesting year across the board.
Clearly best scorer in the league is Rasile, need to see him step up his D before tagging him as best player.

Waterloo is the overwhelming favorites, I think they return their entire team. Springfield is probably second in line, they lost a couple good players but still return a good chunk. McDonald is solidly 3rd- Lowellville lost their entire team, ridge and Sebring lost their best players. McDonald should be the favorites in the district though, very weak.

McDonald OOC schedule:
-Heartland Christian then winner of Lisbon/Valley Christian.
-Girard
-Niles
-Lakeview
-JFK
-Bristol
-Youngstown East
Glad to see the OOC beefed up a little bit. Hopefully it will pay off later.

McDonald wins 115-47 over Girard. Rasile had 43 followed by Street with 33. Street made 9 3's. McDonald looks much improved but it is hard to tell with the teams they've played. McDonald is also super thin, they only run 6 guys, if they get in any foul trouble against a good team they are in real big trouble.
They seemed to move the ball well and everyone had the green light it seemed like which is an improvement from last year. If Rasile finds himself 'on' one game he might score 60, he did a great job finding Street open on multiple occasions. The devils also pressed most of the first half and looked to run the ball instead of playing half court more often then last year.

Starters were
Rasile- SR
Aziz- SR
Higgins- SR
Street- JR
Portolese- JR

Carkido-JR off the bench.

The rest of McDonalds bench consist of 2 SO and 2 FR. Which will only come in to play if there is foul trouble.

This puts Rasile at 2.146 for his career and he is averaging 40 a game through 3. The Devils have also taken down Heartland and Valley Christian this past weekend

Girard was missing a key player, but wouldn't have mattered. Rasile is just great. No other way to describe him. Girard is young and inexperienced. Their coaching staff is good enough to get them better, but it will take a while and they weren't ready for what McDonald brought. If their other kids are making shots, they will be nearly impossible to beat.

Lowellville over Heartland last night 64-58
Reserve lost to Columbiana 69-65, Reserve beat Campbell Friday 55-39
Sebring over Lordstown 60-45 and over Leetonia 73-41 Friday
Jackson Milton over Mathews 41-36
Waterloo over Windham 71-45
Mineral Ridge opens up Friday hosting Maplewood
Springfield obviously isn't playing yet

Standings as far as I know as of 12/4

McDonald 3-0 (0-0)

Sebring 2-0 (0-0)
Lowellville 1-0 (0-0)

Jackson Milton 1-0 (0-0)
Waterloo 1-0 (0-0)
Western Reserve 1-1 (0-0)
Mineral Ridge 0-0 (0-0)
Springfield 0-0 (0-0)

Nice with for Coach Proccopio (Spelling?) out at Milton to start the year. Mathews will be a top 3-4 team in their league this year after returning the majority of their line up.

Lowellville over Heartland last night 64-58
Reserve lost to Columbiana 69-65, Reserve beat Campbell Friday 55-39
Sebring over Lordstown 60-45 and over Leetonia 73-41 Friday
Jackson Milton over Mathews 41-36
Waterloo over Windham 71-45
Mineral Ridge opens up Friday hosting Maplewood
Springfield obviously isn't playing yet

Standings as far as I know as of 12/4

McDonald 3-0 (0-0)

Sebring 2-0 (0-0)
Lowellville 1-0 (0-0)

Jackson Milton 1-0 (0-0)
Waterloo 1-0 (0-0)
Western Reserve 1-1 (0-0)
Mineral Ridge 0-0 (0-0)
Springfield 0-0 (0-0)
9-1 as a league is a good start to the season.

McDonald- Idle until Friday @ Lowellville and vs Lakeview 12/14
Sebring 12/6 over EL Christian 90-13 and 12/7 Southington 107-40. Travel to Ridge on Friday
Lowellville- 12/6- over Campbell 60-55 12/10 over United 70-45
Jackson Milton- 12/6 over Southeast 48-46 and a loss to Ridge 12/10 65-48
Waterloo- 12/6 over Untied 88-29 and 12/7 over Akron Manchester 90-49.
Western Reserve- 12/7 over Lordstown 64-37 and Heartland Christian 59-49.
Mineral Ridge- 12/6- over Maplewood 94-36 and 12/10- over Jackson Milton 65-48
Springfield- First game set for 12/14

Standings as far as I know as of 12/11 sorted by league record
Mineral Ridge 2-0 (1-0)
Sebring 4-0 (0-0)

McDonald 3-0 (0-0)
Lowellville 3-0 (0-0)
Waterloo 3-0 (0-0)
Western Reserve 3-1 (0-0)

Springfield 0-0 (0-0)
Jackson Milton 2-1 (0-1)

I will agree 20-2 is great but how many of those teams they beat will finish with a record over .500 not may

McDonald W over Lowellville 91-69 and W over Lakeview 83-42. Tough week coming over against Waterloo and Springfield
Sebring- W over Ridge 58-56
Lowellville- L to McDonald 91-69
Jackson Milton- L to Reserve 46-45
Waterloo- Looks like no game. At home against McDonald tomorrow
Western Reserve- W over Jackson Milton 46-45
Mineral Ridge- L to Sebring 58-56
Springfield- L to Neshannock 56-53

Sebring 5-0 (1-0)
McDonald 5-0 (1-0)
Western Reserve 4-1 (1-0)
Mineral Ridge 2-1 (1-1)
Waterloo 3-0 (0-0)
Springfield 0-1 (0-0)
Lowellville 3-1 (0-1)
Jackson Milton 2-2 (0-2)

Rasile with 45 then 46 within 24 hours. Moving him to 2235 for the career and into the books as 22nd all time. It looks like McDonald is back to the constant pressure on the ball and wearing teams down as the game goes on, If they can survive the fist half. They have capable scorers in Portolese who scored 30 against Lowellville and Street if they can find him open. The point guard can also take the ball to the rim pretty well. Excited to see if they can compete with the favorites this week.

Been pleasantly surprised so far by the start for McDonald. They haven’t played a really good team yet, but beating Girard by 60 and Lakeview by 40 has been impressive. We’ll see this week if they can compete for a MVAC title, will need at least a split.

Side note, I heard Lowellville starts 3 freshman that all look decent. Will be something to watch going forward

Been pleasantly surprised so far by the start for McDonald. They haven’t played a really good team yet, but beating Girard by 60 and Lakeview by 40 has been impressive. We’ll see this week if they can compete for a MVAC title, will need at least a split.

Side note, I heard Lowellville starts 3 freshman that all look decent. Will be something to watch going forward
McDonald will go undefeated in the conference barring something like injury or sickness to rasile

McDonald will go undefeated in the conference barring something like injury or sickness to rasile
Waterloo is pretty decent, right? Mcdonald Is good but they don’t have much depth. If Portolese (biggest guy on team) or someone else fouls out, they’re in trouble.

Lowellville starts 3 freshman, a sophomore and a junior. Freshman class is good and will obviously get better with time.

Yes, I was very impressed with the freshman. They will make some noise even as this year goes on I would assume

Waterloo is pretty decent, right? Mcdonald Is good but they don’t have much depth. If Portolese (biggest guy on team) or someone else fouls out, they’re in trouble.

Waterloo is very good. Won the league last year and I dont believe they lost a starter from that team

McDonald is for certain an underdog against Waterloo tonight. Vikings returned all 5 starters from last years MVAC championship team, including 2 6’6” guys in the front court.