MVAC Football 2020

I was very surprised to see Brookfield absolutely dominated by Garrettsville
Brookfields QB was injured very early, possibly broke his leg haven't heard if it wasn't, then their best D-lineman broke his collarbone shortly after. You could see the wind go right out of their sails on the film. The QB was the key to the team. If he is out for the rest of the year they will really struggle.

Brookfields QB was injured very early, possibly broke his leg haven't heard if it wasn't, then their best D-lineman broke his collarbone shortly after. You could see the wind go right out of their sails on the film. The QB was the key to the team. If he is out for the rest of the year they will really struggle.

very early is a bit of a stretch, QB most of the first half. Brookfield's D never showed they could stop Garfield. No doubt, Gibson is the key for their team, and if he didn't go out, they would have likely scored much more than they did

very early is a bit of a stretch, QB most of the first half. Brookfield's D never showed they could stop Garfield. No doubt, Gibson is the key for their team, and if he didn't go out, they would have likely scored much more than they did
Just watched the game again. He was out before the end if the first quarter. 81 was the QB when they got the ball to start the 2nd. Regardless, Garfield would of won. Brookfields tackling is poor.

Week 3 scoreboard
Scarlet:
Springfield 49
McDonald 13

Jackson-Milton 42
Sebring 22

Western Reserve 22
Mineral Ridge 6

Lowellville 41
Waterloo 12

Grey:
Garfield 46
Brookfield 7

Crestview 42
Labrae 7

Champion 24
Liberty 14

Campbell 20
Newton Falls 7

Standings
Scarlet:
T1- Jackson-Milton 3-0
T1- Springfield 3-0
T3- McDonald 2-1
T3- Western Reserve 2-1
T5- Lowellville 1-2
T5- Mineral Ridge 1-2
T7- Sebring 0-3
T7- Waterloo 0-3

Grey:
T1- Brookfield 2-1 (2-0)
T1- Champion 2-1 (2-0)
3- Crestview 2-1 (2-1)
T4- Campbell 1-2 (1-2)
T4- Labrae 1-2 (1-2)
T4- Liberty 1-2 (1-2)
7- Newton Falls 0-2 (0-2)

Week 4 matchups:
Jackson-Milton 3-0 at Western Reserve 2-1
Lowellville 1-2 at Springfield 3-0
Mineral Ridge 1-2 at McDonald 2-1
Waterloo 0-3 at Sebring 0-3

Brookfield 2-1 at Newton Falls 0-2
Champion 2-1 at Labrae 1-2
Crestview 2-1 at East Liverpool 2-1
Campbell 1-2 at Liberty 1-2

Scarlet tier has a couple of intriguing rivalry matchups. JM at WR- the Jays will face by far their stiffest competition to date. Ridge at McDonald- Ridge looks improved and was pesky vs WR, McDonald trying to come back from the bad loss to Springfield

Just watched the game again. He was out before the end if the first quarter. 81 was the QB when they got the ball to start the 2nd. Regardless, Garfield would of won. Brookfields tackling is poor.

Pretty sure Gibson was wearing #81 in this game, I could be wrong, but heard that the their normal roster #'s were not accurate for this game

Pretty sure Gibson was wearing #81 in this game, I could be wrong, but heard that the their normal roster #'s were not accurate for this game

You are right. # 81 was the QB that threw the TD pass for Brookfield. He played the last Brookfield drive in the first half and threw a pass at 3:48 in the 2nd Qtr. After the punt, Garfield had the ball the rest of the quarter. In the 2nd half # 12 was listed as the QB and # 81 wasn't listed in any other plays that game.

That's what I thought....Brookfield was wearing their camo tops and I heard that many of their players #'s did not match their normal #'s. Don't know why, perhaps they were trying to confuse the G-Men?

Ridge tacks on a late td and 2 point conversion to make the final 35-14. The game was marred by a slew of penalties from both sides. Hard to get any kind of rhythm. A bit cleaner in the 2nd half when McDonald pulled away. Blue Devils D still needs some work, offense looked good when they weren’t committing penalties.

Congrats to the Jays. They outplayed WR the entire game. WR got hot late and gave themselves a chance. WR had to have over 20 penalties tonight. Multiple TDs called back. The RB for the Jays is the real deal. It will be interesting to see how the Devils and Coach Lude respond. First loss to JM since 2005.

Congrats to the Jays. They outplayed WR the entire game. WR got hot late and gave themselves a chance. WR had to have over 20 penalties tonight. Multiple TDs called back. The RB for the Jays is the real deal. It will be interesting to see how the Devils and Coach Lude respond. First loss to JM since 2005.

lengyel is only the schools all time leading rusher... I'd say he was the real deal before last night's verification of that for you.

congrats to JM on a big win!!! Way to prove everyone wrong. congrats to Sebring on their first win!

Not Surprised about any of the other outcomes. I’ll give credit for lowellville for executing a fake play perfectly against Springfield, though. They put up 18 more points than I thought they would. Springfield is too good though!

Didn’t get around to posting the usual weekly update and schedules. 2 games in the grey tier have been canceled due to covid (champion-Brookfield, Crestview-Newton Falls). McDonald-WR rivalry is renewed in the scarlet tier down in Berlin Center and I wouldn’t be surprised if Ridge gives JM some trouble after a very big win over rival WR last week.