MVAC 2021

A shame that this game won't be played this year, always the game I most look forward to but not terribly surprised. McDonald was very short-handed on Friday dressing only about 20 players due to covid protocols (and no band due to covid). Hopefully everyone gets healthy and they can finish out the year strong starting at Lowellville week 8.
Very unfortunate, especially being that this week was McDonald’s last home game. Were they able to do a Senior night at all? Hoping McDonald will be able to play next week and that WR can play this week!

So did new kids test positive?
Who knows my kid was just sent home for having “symptoms” of COVID.. head ache and back hurts.. they tell me lots of kids that had the VID has these symptoms. Oh yea my kid is vaccinated and also have to wear masks..
No one knows WTF they are doing and WTF is going on. One massive Charlie Foxtrot.

Very unfortunate, especially being that this week was McDonald’s last home game. Were they able to do a Senior night at all? Hoping McDonald will be able to play next week and that WR can play this week!
McDonald has been doing senior night either the first or 2nd home games for awhile now for weather purposes (much more likely to have nice weather early in the season) so they have already held it.

A lot of changes in the schedule this week for the MVAC scarlet division.
McDonald-Western Reserve is canceled
Lowellville-Sebring Canceled
Jackson Milton-Mineral Ridge Canceled

Lowellville will play host to WR this week (originally scheduled for week 10 @Reserve).
McDonald, Sebring, and JM will not play this week; Ridge is looking for a replacement.

Hopefully the league finds a way to have McDonald and WR still play. There is no reason that game shouldn’t happen.
I have a feeling it won’t be unless another Covid outbreak occurs like this week… I’ll be interested to see who Lowellville and Reserve find to play for week 10..

This sucks. I truly believe that Reserve is coming together as a team. My hope is that they win out (at least give Springfield a game) and maybe win a playoff game, maybe 2 (I know that’s a stretch). There seems to be some enthusiasm in the program right now.
Reserve, I feel, has one of the best shots of winning out, besides their Springfield game. They’re definitely hitting their stride now, albeit against the weaker teams in the league, but as a young team, wins are wins. This game against Lowellville has the potential to be good. Will be interested to see if Lowellville’s defense can improve within a week and stop Altiere. Reserve has better coaching, so I’m feeling a close Reserve win.

If Reserve doesn’t find anyone to play in week 10 I think the teams could meet up after the regular season like games happened last year. Otherwise as noted, it would take covid issues to get it in the regular season, which as seen this week, isn’t totally out of the question.

Last edited:
Reserve, I feel, has one of the best shots of winning out, besides their Springfield game. They’re definitely hitting their stride now, albeit against the weaker teams in the league, but as a young team, wins are wins. This game against Lowellville has the potential to be good. Will be interested to see if Lowellville’s defense can improve within a week and stop Altiere. Reserve has better coaching, so I’m feeling a close Reserve win.
I got WR by 2td’s against Lowellville. Maybe I’m putting too much stock into last week, but playing a nail biter against Waterloo is not instilling much confidence in the Rockets from me. I expect Altiere to run wild and while Lowellville will put up points, I see WR being able to get stops while Lowellville struggling to get any.

I got WR by 2td’s against Lowellville. Maybe I’m putting too much stock into last week, but playing a nail biter against Waterloo is not instilling much confidence in the Rockets from me. I expect Altiere to run wild and while Lowellville will put up points, I see WR being able to get stops while Lowellville struggling to get any.
Agreed. If Lowellville would’ve handled Waterloo, I would have more confidence, but they once again failed to contain the running game. I guess we’ll see what happens Friday. This is a crucial point in the Rockets’ season with Reserve and McDonald back to back.

Agreed. If Lowellville would’ve handled Waterloo, I would have more confidence, but they once again failed to contain the running game. I guess we’ll see what happens Friday. This is a crucial point in the Rockets’ season with Reserve and McDonald back to back.
I think both will be high scoring affairs, especially the McDonald game. McDonald has struggled to stop really anybody this year. Offensively they have made some adjustments and been able to move the ball well with over 300 yards rushing in each of the 3 games before Springfield.

I have a feeling it won’t be unless another Covid outbreak occurs like this week… I’ll be interested to see who Lowellville and Reserve find to play for week
the second Lowellville and WR agreed to play, the league should have just flipped weeks. With JM and McDonald playing week 10 this would have made sense. Sebring canceling I’m sure made that harder, but Springfield doesn’t want to play them anyway. Now you’re going to have several league teams scheduling games instead of one.

the second Lowellville and WR agreed to play, the league should have just flipped weeks. With JM and McDonald playing week 10 this would have made sense. Sebring canceling I’m sure made that harder, but Springfield doesn’t want to play them anyway. Now you’re going to have several league teams scheduling games instead of one.
A league flip week 7 to 10 seems logical. The only reason Springfield might not want it would be to avoid being idle the week before the 1st week of the playoffs. I know that wouldn't be much of a game but I never like having an open week. It's hard to keep the players focused and working if there is not opponent.

The LaBrae vs C-View game is interesting. Will C-View continue to improve or will last week's close loss after leading at halftime demoralize them? C-View is 7-0 all-time against Labrae, but I think Labrae wins 35-21.
Crestview might very well win this one. But will have to limit mistakes and penalties.
Good luck!

The LaBrae vs C-View game is interesting. Will C-View continue to improve or will last week's close loss after leading at halftime demoralize them? C-View is 7-0 all-time against Labrae, but I think Labrae wins 35-21.
Crestview is well coached. The coach's son is QB. The team knows the system works because of all of the years of success Coach Kusick has had with it. No doubt they are getting better every week. They could be a team that suprises some people in the playoffs. This should be a great game. Obviously LaBrae is well coached too, the grey tier of the MVAC is a good league.

A league flip week 7 to 10 seems logical. The only reason Springfield might not want it would be to avoid being idle the week before the 1st week of the playoffs. I know that wouldn't be much of a game but I never like having an open week. It's hard to keep the players focused and working if there is not opponent.
Again why they should have slipped bc Springfield would have been open this week. Could have picked up Howland, Shadyside, among others. My guess would be it was Monday and they didn’t want to do that. If they flipped they would have had Waterloo Week 10 and Sebring this week. Ridge would then have a game vs Waterloo. Not sure why the league did not do it. If we can figure that out on a chat room, why couldn’t a league of coaches and ADs figure it out. I wonder who Coach Lude and company will pick up week 10

Springfield is having their homecoming this week, they probably didn’t want to have to deal with finding an opponent on short notice especially when it has to be a home game. And while you can argue it’s better for the league as a whole to flip even if Springfield doesn’t want to do that, it would be a bad look to put them in position to do something they don’t want to do for something that was completely out of their control.

Springfield is having their homecoming this week, they probably didn’t want to have to deal with finding an opponent on short notice especially when it has to be a home game. And while you can argue it’s better for the league as a whole to flip even if Springfield doesn’t want to do that, it would be a bad look to put them in position to do something they don’t want to do for something that was completely out of their control.
Agreed. Has Ridge found a replacement? I read that this is their homecoming week as well.

Ridge is going ahead with homecoming but no game.Sux for the kids
That really stinks. Do you guys think this is the last year of this BS or are we going to have variant after variant and keep playing this game? I believe they should treat it like the flu. If you have it stay home, just because you were near someone who had it should not automatically DQ you from playing. I'm no doctor and I'm sure there are legitimate reasons why they do what they do but man this is rough on these kids who work so hard to have a football season.

That really stinks. Do you guys think this is the last year of this BS or are we going to have variant after variant and keep playing this game? I believe they should treat it like the flu. If you have it stay home, just because you were near someone who had it should not automatically DQ you from playing. I'm no doctor and I'm sure there are legitimate reasons why they do what they do but man this is rough on these kids who work so hard to have a football season.
To say there is too much caution is an understatement.
Flu is by far more of a killer to kids then COVID.
If we are till going through this BS next year. Worrying about football will be the very least of our concern