MVAC 2021

I watched them play Springfield and I know what you mean, but if you take that game away they are giving up an average of 15 points a game (I know their opponents are not good). They would not be the first team to win games by outscoring their opponents.
I get what you are saying about outscoring people. I can see them getting past the first game, but could they beat any of the top 8 teams in the region? I don't think so. A solid defense is what gets you to advance. The Rockets dont have it. I can see them winning out and going 9-1 this year. Winning the first playoff game but that's it.

Wondering if any Atwater Waterloo fans are on here. If so could they comment on their stadium improvements. Also their feelings about remaining in the MVAC since there is movement to resurrect the Portage county league. By rejoining they would definitely cut travel time, expenses and get larger gates again with local schools and rivalries. I don't think a Waterloo- Sebring matchup compares to a Waterloo- Rootstown, Waterloo- Southeast or even Waterloo- Mogadore...

Wondering if any Atwater Waterloo fans are on here. If so could they comment on their stadium improvements. Also their feelings about remaining in the MVAC since there is movement to resurrect the Portage county league. By rejoining they would definitely cut travel time, expenses and get larger gates again with local schools and rivalries. I don't think a Waterloo- Sebring matchup compares to a Waterloo- Rootstown, Waterloo- Southeast or even Waterloo- Mogadore...
I was wondering about their stadium as well.

Loweville good QB and decent offense, but they will not be able to stop anyone. Physical team will beat them up

No shot at Lowellville making the final. Like stated 1 playoff win is possible, at the most 2 depending if they can get a lucky matchup.

I was wondering about their stadium as well.
Have driven by. New home bleachers and press box. New restrooms and concession stand ( don't believe these are completely done). Visitors side is very small with inadequate bleachers that were brought over from baseball and softball fields. Probably this will be next stage. Heard it was done all by donations and volunteers. Good for the kids..they deserve it!

Have driven by. New home bleachers and press box. New restrooms and concession stand ( don't believe these are completely done). Visitors side is very small with inadequate bleachers that were brought over from baseball and softball fields. Probably this will be next stage. Heard it was done all by donations and volunteers. Good for the kids..they deserve it!
Hmm… okay thanks… lowellville’s band won’t even fit in those bleachers then lol

Lowellville has always had a large band for the size school they are, but I heard that they allow kids in grades much lower than other schools to march and be apart of the band. Have no idea to the truth of that maybe someone can expound.

Lowellville has always had a large band for the size school they are, but I heard that they allow kids in grades much lower than other schools to march and be apart of the band. Have no idea to the truth of that maybe someone can expound.
It’s true. You can be in it starting in 7th grade. It’s much smaller than once it once was. It was 150 strong in 2013, more like 110ish now. A good portion of Lowellville’s football players partake in band. They have phenomenal music program….

I believe a lot of schools in d6-7 allow younger kids to be in bands, they just don’t have good programs

Having seen JFK up close and personal, I think it’s their region to lose. Right now they would play Southern and I would give the edge to Southern. Lots to work out

It’s true. You can be in it starting in 7th grade. It’s much smaller than once it once was. It was 150 strong in 2013, more like 110ish now. A good portion of Lowellville’s football players partake in band. They have phenomenal music program….

I believe a lot of schools in d6-7 allow younger kids to be in bands, they just don’t have good programs
Mooney has the best band by a long shot in the area

Both the MVAC scarlet and the EOAC are incredibly weak as leagues this year IMHO. They have an 18-27 combined out of league record. Is that going to be the new normal? Those two leagues are basically the old ITCL. I always thought that was such a strong league. Is it shrinking enrollment or lower participation numbers?

I understand some teams don’t field a Jr. High team and virtually none have A and B teams. When my son played for WR most of the teams played a Jr. High A and B game, a JV game, usually a freshman game and Varsity. Now if there’s one Jr. high game, a JV game and Varsity you’re doing good. If a schools players aren’t getting those reps the quality of play has to suffer. I love 7-12 football but I’m worried it’s dying out, especially at small schools. I really am hoping it’s a pendulum and will swing back the other way.

Last edited:
Well it looks like the away side at McDonald’s new facility is not ready for tonight so only the home bleachers will be available with a section designated to Springfield.
Seems like they should have waited one more year to play there. Get it finished so people see what it’s really going to be like. Either way I’m happy for them, with such a great winning tradition they deserve a top notch facility.

Both the MVAC scarlet and the EOAC are incredibly weak as leagues this year IMHO. They have an 18-27 combined out of league record. Is that going to be the new normal? Those two leagues are basically the old ITCL. I always thought that was such a strong league. Is it shrinking enrollment or lower participation numbers?

I understand some teams don’t field a Jr. High team and virtually none have A and B teams. When my son played for WR most of the teams played a Jr. High A and B game, a JV game, usually a freshman game and Varsity. Now if there’s one Jr. high game, a JV game and Varsity you’re doing good. If a schools players aren’t getting those reps the quality of play has to suffer. I love 7-12 football but I’m worried it’s dying out, especially at small schools. I really am hoping it’s a pendulum and will swing back the other way.
I wouldn’t necessarily say “new”. In 2018 the MVAC outside of McDonald/Springfield/WR went 1-14 out of league. It’s just that this year the traditional powers in WR and McD are both having their first down years in a really long time. Last year was a pretty good year for the mvac, Ridge and Milton had some of their best teams in recent memory, WR slipped but was still solid, McDonald got to regional semi’s and Springfield state runner-ups.

I never thought the Itcl was ever that strong (lower division).

It was always top heavy just like the MVAC has been. Pretty sure McDonald and WR won every single ITCL lower tier championship.
I think the only year that someone other than those 2 even came close to winning the lower tier was 2011. Southern went 9-1 and their 1 loss was to WR in a blowout. Southern missed the playoffs in D5 R17 finishing 9th. It's a good thing too, because they would have been absolutely destroyed by any of the other teams that year. I remember their coach at the time saying that they didn't know they moved up to D5. How do you not know what division you are in???? He was an interesting one.........

I think the only year that someone other than those 2 even came close to winning the lower tier was 2011. Southern went 9-1 and their 1 loss was to WR in a blowout. Southern missed the playoffs in D5 R17 finishing 9th. It's a good thing too, because they would have been absolutely destroyed by any of the other teams that year. I remember their coach at the time saying that they didn't know they moved up to D5. How do you not know what division you are in???? He was an interesting one.........
Leetonia the first couple of years was right there too. I remember the qb they had, think is name was Selway, was really really good. Once he graduated though they fell off a cliff

Leetonia the first couple of years was right there too. I remember the qb they had, think is name was Selway, was really really good. Once he graduated though they fell off a cliff
Yeah I forgot that Leetonia was good around that time. Made the playoffs in 08 and played Moggy respectably close.