MVAC 2020-21

kingpin2010

Noticed no thread yet. Springfield is the favorite and they’ve been solid so far but the loss to south range, who is 1-6, is a bit puzzling. McDonald after the Trumbull county shut down has been a pleasant surprised. They handled Valley Christian right after the shut down was lifted. Then this week handled a solid Salem team by 25 (Salem was 5-2 and their 2 losses to Poland and Springfield by 11 and 12) and just beat Garfield today. They have 6 guys that can really shoot it from deep. Got a tough stretch coming up over the next 10 days playing Bristol, Ridge, Sebring, Louisville, and Springfield. Not sure what to make of the others

Noticed no thread yet. Springfield is the favorite and they’ve been solid so far but the loss to south range, who is 1-6, is a bit puzzling. McDonald after the Trumbull county shut down has been a pleasant surprised. They handled Valley Christian right after the shut down was lifted. Then this week handled a solid Salem team by 25 (Salem was 5-2 and their 2 losses to Poland and Springfield by 11 and 12) and just beat Garfield today. They have 6 guys that can really shoot it from deep. Got a tough stretch coming up over the next 10 days playing Bristol, Ridge, Sebring, Louisville, and Springfield. Not sure what to make of the others
Springfield was the only team so far that SR could match up with athletically, they play solid defense but haven’t been able to get much offense going. With Trumbull schools now playing they’ll get their wins.

I think McDonald is just a little behind Springfield, they can score but Springfield is much deeper I see them splitting with each other tho

McDonald used a strong 4th Q to pull away from Bristol to win by 10 tonight and Portolese had a great game scoring 42 with well over 10 boards. Not the best executed game and a lot to learn for dealing with a press like Bristols, but a good win. 4-0 and back at it Tuesday against Ridge.

McDonald used a strong 4th Q to pull away from Bristol to win by 10 tonight and Portolese had a great game scoring 42 with well over 10 boards. Not the best executed game and a lot to learn for dealing with a press like Bristols, but a good win. 4-0 and back at it Tuesday against Ridge.
I watched that game they’re proving they were more then a one man show last year offense was just catered to one kid. The only edge Springfield has over McDonald is coaching... guy did wonders at Jefferson and now well at Springfield, and the other was usually an emotional wreck under achieving with usually more talent then his opponents

and the other was usually an emotional wreck under achieving with usually more talent then his opponents
Couldn't have summed it up better.
Springfield is pretty good, routing most of their opponents. The loss at South Range was kind of a surprise.
McDonald has a nice team this year as well. Really impressed with their wins against Salem and Bristol.
Springfield-McDonald games will be outstanding, with the home team winning each game.
I'm not sure if any of the other schools can keep up with the exception of Waterloo.
But they haven't played a game so no idea what they have this year.

I watched that game they’re proving they were more then a one man show last year offense was just catered to one kid. The only edge Springfield has over McDonald is coaching... guy did wonders at Jefferson and now well at Springfield, and the other was usually an emotional wreck under achieving with usually more talent then his opponents

It certainly helped they got 2 players back from Ridge and got a couple of others to come out this year. Of the 8 players that consistently play, 4 were not on the team and 1 was a freshman on JV. As for coaching, idk about Jimmy at Struthers but so far what I’ve seen at McDonald he has done a very good job.

McDonald took care of Ridge early and led by 25 at half, final of 76-49 to get to 5-0. Couple of surprises tonight with Lowellville beating JFK and Waterloo beating Mogadore by 15. Wasn’t sure what to expect of Waterloo losing 3 good players including their 2 6’6” guys, but they’re definitely going to be formidable.

It certainly helped they got 2 players back from Ridge and got a couple of others to come out this year. Of the 8 players that consistently play, 4 were not on the team and 1 was a freshman on JV. As for coaching, idk about Jimmy at Struthers but so far what I’ve seen at McDonald he has done a very good job.
I don’t think that book should ever be re opened again. One thing he will do I give him credit for is always fight for his players.

McDonald wraps up a grueling 5 games in a week going 5-0 with wins over Sebring last night and Niles this afternoon to move to 7-0. Huge league game on Tuesday hosting Springfield.

Springfield leads by 9 at half. McDonald led for most of the first half but the last few minutes the blue devils went cold shooting and missed 3-4 point blank layups while the Tigers went on a run.

McDonald beats Liberty 91-74 to stay unbeaten. Leopards in the last half of the 4th Q were able to cut into a 25ish point lead to the final. Blue Devils continue to be scorching shooting the 3 ball.

Springfield is in OT with Poland at last checl

McDonald hosting Waterloo this afternoon at 2:30 for sole possession of 1st place. Vikings are 7-1 overall and unbeaten in league play.

Waterloo with a great first half leading by 10. Vikings have slowed the game down, very efficient on O and forcing a lot of turnovers. McDonald has resorted to pretty much only shooting 3’s and they haven’t been falling.

Hoping McDonald comes out the gates better than they have been. Even on Tuesday it was only a 2 point game at half against Milton, before they ended up winning by 28.

McDonald holds on and stays unbeaten with a 3 point win over Waterloo. Blue Devils led by 11 in the 4th but Waterloo clawed back and made it interesting.

Congrats to Springfield and McDonald for both getting #1 seeds in their respective district draws. Hopefully can be another year with 2 district champions in the league.

McDonald is set to continue a pretty grueling week tonight traveling to Lowellville. McDonald also plays Sebring tomorrow, at Springfield Friday, and then St Thomas Aquinas on Saturday. They’re gonna end up playing 6 games from Friday the 5th through Saturday the 13th.

As for the league championship. Obviously if McDonald wins out they’ll win the championship outright. If Springfield wins on Friday they’ll share, if McDonald loses Friday and any other league game (lowellvilleX2 and Sebring) then Springfield can win it outright. So still a lot of moving parts.