Mvac 2019

In your opinion, how does C-View look, talent wise? I know we are young, but is there some decent talent there, or are they young AND bad lol?

It was like looking in the mirror as a McDonald fan. Good skill players, lots of inexperience, and up and down play. Both teams had stretches they looked really good, and then stretches they looked bad. I was impressed with the qb and the rb #22. Both are good players. Particularly impressed with the toughness of the qb, he took a very hard hit in the 3rd Q that looked pretty bad for his shoulder but came back and made some nice passes to lead a td drive.

MVAC with at least 6 wins tonight:

McDonald 20
Crestview 14

Springfield 35
Columbiana 0

Ridge 26
Newton Falls 14

Jackson-Milton 35
Windham 14

Lowellville 20
Richmond Heights 14

Sebring 35
Mathews 0

WR was up 14-12 on Norwayne last update I saw.

Springfield, Ridge, JM, and Lowellville all go 3-0 out of conference

You can replace Lowellville with pretty much the entire league. Springfield is the real deal- Beau Brungard is a star and only a sophomore

They always said he was the one to look out for out of all of them. But I agree they can make a deep run this year, that SR win looks More impressive tonight

WR up 28-12 late on Norwayne. Nice win for the Devils, Norwayne despite being now 0-3 took Mogadore to the wire and will win a decent amount of games.

In your opinion, how does C-View look, talent wise? I know we are young, but is there some decent talent there, or are they young AND bad lol?
Having watched the Rebels last week against South Range, they have talent, the inexperience is really killing them this year. At least it did last week against the Raiders. Too many turnovers, and just not being able sustain any consistency. Next year I think the Rebels will be a real tough team to beat.

Having watched the Rebels last week against South Range, they have talent, the inexperience is really killing them this year. At least it did last week against the Raiders. Too many turnovers, and just not being able sustain any consistency. Next year I think the Rebels will be a real tough team to beat.
Agreed. Tonight the Rebels best drive in the first half got them down inside McDonald’s 5. But then they had a penalty and then fumbled the next play. They had a few crucial penalties against them (though McDonald had much of the same). This game was 2 0-2 teams, next year should be a good matchup, as McDonald returns pretty much the whole team too.

Looking at the Rebels schedule, if they put things together I think they can get to 5 wins.

Big win for Reserve. They needed to win that one in order to keep any playoff hopes alive. Other than Springfield, (no offense to your Blue Devils), but Reserve should be a favorite in the rest of the games on their schedule.

I’d agree. Have them as a slight favorite against McDonald. The loss to SE though gives me pause on how good they are. At this point it’s clear though Springfield is the class of the league by far, they may have something to say in the region.

Springfield is clearly the strongest team in the MVAC! 3 wins against quality teams to start the season, now they have 5 games where there should be running clock, then WR at home (where WR can't seem to win a game at any level), and finish at McDonald. At this point I would say the DVI teams in this region to beat are:
Mogadore
Springfield
Southern
Trimble

WR had a very nice win against Norwayne, who is 0-3, but has played with some quality teams as well. The defense is stingy, I just don't know if the offense can it done against better teams, time will tell.

A very nice OOC showing could help get teams like WR or McDonald get to week 11, and we can't count out any of the 3-0 teams at this point. Yes I said it :cool: even thought I highly doubt Mineral ridge or Lowelllville can beat any of the big 3 to get there.

Springfield is clearly the strongest team in the MVAC! 3 wins against quality teams to start the season, now they have 5 games where there should be running clock, then WR at home (where WR can't seem to win a game at any level), and finish at McDonald. At this point I would say the DVI teams in this region to beat are:
Mogadore
Springfield
Southern
Trimble

WR had a very nice win against Norwayne, who is 0-3, but has played with some quality teams as well. The defense is stingy, I just don't know if the offense can it done against better teams, time will tell.

A very nice OOC showing could help get teams like WR or McDonald get to week 11, and we can't count out any of the 3-0 teams at this point. Yes I said it :cool: even thought I highly doubt Mineral ridge or Lowelllville can beat any of the big 3 to get there.

Agree, I think the Tigers may be good enough to make a deep push into the postseason. The scary thing is Beau Brungard is only a sophomore.

McDonald and WR were helped tremendously by the leagues OOC performance. Last year Ridge-Milton-Low-Sebring-Waterloo won a combined 1 game OOC. This year they won 11. It looks like McDonald in D7 just needs to take care of business against those 5 and they’ll be in good shape to get in, with a win over WR getting them a decent shot at a Home game. WR with a 5-2 league mark would be on the bubble, a win over McDonald and they should be in. Also, the winner of JM-Lowellville will have a decent shot of getting in. Definitely could get 4 teams in the post season this year.

It would be nice to see a few of our (South Range) former rivals from the MVAC and the EOAC get in this year. Last year was a bad one for our local small schools. Springfield looks to be a lock at this points, but like you said, maybe WR, McDonald or even J-M or Lowellville. Then maybe Southern and Leetonia or Wellsville from the EOAC.

It would be nice to see a few of our (South Range) former rivals from the MVAC and the EOAC get in this year. Last year was a bad one for our local small schools. Springfield looks to be a lock at this points, but like you said, maybe WR, McDonald or even J-M or Lowellville. Then maybe Southern and Leetonia or Wellsville from the EOAC.

Springfield and the McDonald-WR winner are pretty much locks to get in, barring them getting upset multiple times. So I think 2 is the absolute minimum. Last year was unfortunate because Springfield was definitely a quality team and deserved to be in, but the poor OOC showing by the league and tough R21 kept them out.

McDonald leads Ridge 14-7 at half. Devils have killed themselves with penalties, first 3 drives all with multiple penalties.

First week of conference play is in the books and the big 3 showed they are still a ways ahead of the rest, even though Ridge-Low-JM all got off to 3-0 starts.

Week 4 scoreboard:
Springfield 49
Lowellville 0

Western Reserve 52
Jackson Milton 6

McDonald 28
Mineral Ridge 7

Sebring/Waterloo still to be played today.

Week 5 has a feature matchup with Western Reserve traveling to McDonald. A very important game for Reserves playoff hopes in R21, while McDonald could get in contention for a top 4 seed in R25 with a win. Milton travels to Ridge for a big game for the Jays playoff hopes.

Not much talk here.
McD vs WR... Ive no idea what to expect. Will WR win big or will it go down to the wire. This game has been very close almost every year.

Not much talk here.
McD vs WR... Ive no idea what to expect. Will WR win big or will it go down to the wire. This game has been very close almost every year.
I believe we will learn much about both teams on Friday. Much anxiety about WR at this point, just not sure how good we really are, or if we can score points against better competition. My heart says WR pulls ahead in the 2nd half, leaning on the line play, but you are correct "close almost every year".

Agree with BCWR, I got WR as a favorite. I do think McDonald can win, but they’ll need to play their best game to this point. They’ll need to really cut down on negative plays on O- lots of penalties killing drives, but also tend to have a bad snap or 2 per game as well. Defensively they’ve seemed to improve the last couple weeks, but that could just be due to competition.

I agree BCWRFan, we will all learn a lot about what direction these two teams are going this Friday. Since week #1 I think both have improved and gotten better. With Springfield looking so dominating, they may have taken the glitz off this important battle of the Blue Devils. But this game is crucial for both as they are battling for their playoff lives. I Best of luck to both Blue Devils teams! It should be another classic game.