Mvac 2019

Kingpin, I think I have last few missing scrimmages:
Western Reserve:
8/13 - Salem (A)
8/22 - Columbiana (A)

Waterloo:
8/13 - East Palestine (A)

I assume all games kickoff at 7PM. Saturday games aren't in the afternoon from what I read.

And did I read that right, the Waterloo at Western Reserve game will be Thursday October 10th? I didn't remember seeing that on the original schedules.

I assume all games kickoff at 7PM. Saturday games aren't in the afternoon from what I read.

And did I read that right, the Waterloo at Western Reserve game will be Thursday October 10th? I didn't remember seeing that on the original schedules.
I saw that listed already.

Yeah I hadn’t seen (or noticed) that yet either (joe eitel has it correctly listed on 10/10). That being on Thursday is probably the reason the McDonald game is Thursday and not Saturday to prevent a short turnaround

Yeah I hadn’t seen (or noticed) that yet either (joe eitel has it correctly listed on 10/10). That being on Thursday is probably the reason the McDonald game is Thursday and not Saturday to prevent a short turnaround
It's homecoming. The dance is probably on Saturday and Marlington probably plays that Friday.

I saw McDonalds team pic. I am kinda shocked that they only have 26, by my count, on the team. That's less than half of both Springfield and Reserve. They usually have stronger numbers than that.

I saw McDonalds team pic. I am kinda shocked that they only have 26, by my count, on the team. That's less than half of both Springfield and Reserve. They usually have stronger numbers than that.

Numbers are down pretty bad in the younger grades, usually McDonald has fielded around 40 or more. Varsity I don’t think will be effected much this year or next, all the better players still are there (this years team will be almost entirely juniors starting) but things don’t look too good after 2020 if there isn’t an uptick in numbers.

Numbers are down pretty bad in the younger grades, usually McDonald has fielded around 40 or more. Varsity I don’t think will be effected much this year or next, all the better players still are there (this years team will be almost entirely juniors starting) but things don’t look too good after 2020 if there isn’t an uptick in numbers.
26 players is rough.

26 players is terrible, whats the issue over there?

Don’t know. There’s no sugar coating how bad the turnout is in the younger grades. Last years freshman class had tiny numbers, this years isn’t any better. Having one isn’t unusual, but back to back is alarming. Like I said above, varsity will be fine the next 2 years, the junior class is good both in talent and numbers. After that it looks really really bad.

Don’t know. There’s no sugar coating how bad the turnout is in the younger grades. Last years freshman class had tiny numbers, this years isn’t any better. Having one isn’t unusual, but back to back is alarming. Like I said above, varsity will be fine the next 2 years, the junior class is good both in talent and numbers. After that it looks really really bad.
Their 8th grade team played struthers 7th grade last year and tied, but they had a good amount of numbers

Scrimmages getting going today (save Sebring who already had one on Saturday). Springfield-liberty, Reserve-Salem, and EP-Waterloo. Any reports would be nice.

Scrimmages getting going today (save Sebring who already had one on Saturday). Springfield-liberty, Reserve-Salem, and EP-Waterloo. Any reports would be nice.

Saw this on STA's school athletic site:

The Knights scrimmage Waterloo high school in one half of football. The Knight won 17-0 lead by sophomore running back Shayon Caldwell who scored one touchdown. The Knights made it 10-0 after a field goal by senior kicker Andrew Jenkins . Before the end of the first half, Freshman quarterback Hunter Geissinger completed a touchdown pass to senior wide receiver Evan Appleby to make 17-0 at the end of the half. The Knights defense played extremely well lead by senior linebacker Scott Webb who had an interception. The Knights open up with Huson Western Reserve at home next week.

https://stahsathletics.org/recap/boys-varsity-football-vs-waterloo-17-0-2/

Heard Newberry beat Sebring 18-15 in a pretty even scrimmage, although the Sebring person I talked to thought that they didn't play particular well. Not sure what the results of the scrimmage says for either team, both have low numbers in the lower 20's. But at least it doesn't sound like there is any danger of Sebring having to forfeit any games like last year.

Saw this on STA's school athletic site:

The Knights scrimmage Waterloo high school in one half of football. The Knight won 17-0 lead by sophomore running back Shayon Caldwell who scored one touchdown. The Knights made it 10-0 after a field goal by senior kicker Andrew Jenkins . Before the end of the first half, Freshman quarterback Hunter Geissinger completed a touchdown pass to senior wide receiver Evan Appleby to make 17-0 at the end of the half. The Knights defense played extremely well lead by senior linebacker Scott Webb who had an interception. The Knights open up with Huson Western Reserve at home next week.

https://stahsathletics.org/recap/boys-varsity-football-vs-waterloo-17-0-2/

Appreciate it! I must’ve had their scrimmage schedule backwards and they’ll scrimmage EP next week

Heard Newberry beat Sebring 18-15 in a pretty even scrimmage, although the Sebring person I talked to thought that they didn't play particular well. Not sure what the results of the scrimmage says for either team, both have low numbers in the lower 20's. But at least it doesn't sound like there is any danger of Sebring having to forfeit any games like last year.

Also the fact they were even competitive is encouraging, and they may be able to break into the win column this year. Week 3 against Mathews seems the most likely shot for them.

Here we go... Football starts tomorrow, WhooHoo!
WR has Southeast visiting, good points if WR can pull out a win.
Word on the street is a few WR starting lineman are hurt and won't be playing, hopeful this is not accurate, but definitely hurts, especially playing a larger division school. However, no excuses, especially with the amount of lineman WR has. Hopefully a good game!

Good Luck to all the Teams this year! Let's represent the MVAC well!

Here we go... Football starts tomorrow, WhooHoo!
WR has Southeast visiting, good points if WR can pull out a win.
Word on the street is a few WR starting lineman are hurt and won't be playing, hopeful this is not accurate, but definitely hurts, especially playing a larger division school. However, no excuses, especially with the amount of lineman WR has. Hopefully a good game!

Good Luck to all the Teams this year! Let's represent the MVAC well!

I’d almost guarantee WR has a bigger roster than SE. Its crazy the amount of kids WR has on roster this year (and Springfield too). I got Reserve as a 14 point favorite tomorrow but SE won’t be a pushover.

The “big 3” all have big shoes to fill in their backfields this year so it’ll certainly be interesting.

I concur about the good luck to all and let’s hope they can get some OOC wins so it doesn’t take 10-0 to make the playoffs.

I’d almost guarantee WR has a bigger roster than SE. Its crazy the amount of kids WR has on roster this year (and Springfield too). I got Reserve as a 14 point favorite tomorrow but SE won’t be a pushover.

The “big 3” all have big shoes to fill in their backfields this year so it’ll certainly be interesting.

I concur about the good luck to all and let’s hope they can get some OOC wins so it doesn’t take 10-0 to make the playoffs.

Coach Hake isn't the most liked person on here but he sure gets the kids to play Football and has a really good record the past 10 years. As a community we really like him, heard rumor he may be leaving, like every year, but he is still here, and he is a great teacher too.

This region is well stacked once again, may take 9-1 or better to make the playoffs, and you are correct that it sure would help if everyone in the MVAC could win some OOC games. Springfield has really been hurt from a points perspective the past 2 years, they were the strongest team I ever saw that didn't get in, they would have made some noise each year.

Coach Hake isn't the most liked person on here but he sure gets the kids to play Football and has a really good record the past 10 years. As a community we really like him, heard rumor he may be leaving, like every year, but he is still here, and he is a great teacher too.

This region is well stacked once again, may take 9-1 or better to make the playoffs, and you are correct that it sure would help if everyone in the MVAC could win some OOC games. Springfield has really been hurt from a points perspective the past 2 years, they were the strongest team I ever saw that didn't get in, they would have made some noise each year.
How many of Hake's players are from other districts?

Not a good start for WR. I wasn’t there but following Jonah Rosenblum on Twitter seems like they couldn’t get anything going on offense. Had a couple big plays early and that’s it.

They’ll need to turn it around quickly with Creston Norwayne coming up in week 3.