Mr. Football

Is this supposed to be a gotcha? There’s a reason why the best teams year in and year out in college football are the same ones that finish at the top in the recruiting rankings. Not every player pans out, but the rankings absolutely mean something and if you have offers from Ohio State, Bama and Clemson you belong.
I hope he years it up at TOSU. I just don't see it happening, but wish him the best.

Today should not be Carrico’s epitaph. His team ran into the buzzsaw that is Kirtland. He just happens to be the highest profile player who has been crushed by their wave.

I would ask anyone who is “unimpressed” by him:
1. Who was last player your were impressed by after playing Kirtland? (Tiger makes teams play left handed as well as anyone ever has)
2. Would tOSU offer him as a junior if he was not a stud?

[Sidenote- Mr Football from 18 season (Lexington’s Cade Stover) was on field for OSU today. He was moved to from LB to TE and is (as some here havementioned for RC) playing special teams.]

Carrico could end up taking his team to 2 title games, Mr Football & on scholarship to OSU. That’s more than I or likely anyone else on her has ever done in their football career. Could imagine a worse selection getting the award. (Like Stover who teams won 8 games combined his Jr & Sr years)

So Hamm's accomplishments this year should be diminished because of his teammates? C'mon. Maybe he lifted them up some?

So Hamm's accomplishments this year should be diminished because of his teammates? C'mon. Maybe he lifted them up some?
Again, Hamm was a beast. And absolute stud. Would take him on any team in any era.

That said, he played on a loaded parochial school with Big Ten & SEC recruits. He might have lifted them up, but it wasn’t very high.

Today should not be Carrico’s epitaph. His team ran into the buzzsaw that is Kirtland. He just happens to be the highest profile player who has been crushed by their wave.

I would ask anyone who is “unimpressed” by him:
1. Who was last player your were impressed by after playing Kirtland? (Tiger makes teams play left handed as well as anyone ever has)
2. Would tOSU offer him as a junior if he was not a stud?

[Sidenote- Mr Football from 18 season (Lexington’s Cade Stover) was on field for OSU today. He was moved to from LB to TE and is (as some here havementioned for RC) playing special teams.]

Carrico could end up taking his team to 2 title games, Mr Football & on scholarship to OSU. That’s more than I or likely anyone else on her has ever done in their football career. Could imagine a worse selection getting the award. (Like Stover who teams won 8 games combined his Jr & Sr years)
Kirtland fan here...Go back to Kirtland vs. Akron Manchester playoff game last year. Kirtland won 32-7 and played disciplined defense (were always in right position for stops), yet Ethan Wright still ran for 207 yards and 1 TD in the game. Dude was absolutely amazing, even though team got beaten handily

Nixon and Wolf from Minster
Kirtland fan here...Go back to Kirtland vs. Akron Manchester playoff game last year. Kirtland won 32-7 and played disciplined defense (were always in right position for stops), yet Ethan Wright still ran for 207 yards and 1 TD in the game. Dude was absolutely amazing, even though team got beaten handily
Great responses! Was honestly asking because have few memories of truly great individual performances against the Hornets.

Wright especially was impressive because that Manchester team had NOTHING besides him. Suppose that explains why he was an early enrollee at UC.

He’s extremely underrated.
Absolutely...regular season this year his numbers weren’t huge, but that is because he barely ever played in the 2nd half because Tiger doesn’t try to run up the score and likes to get the under classmen playing time. However look at his playoff numbers this year. I may have the numbers off a bit, but 6 games, ~1,000 yards rushing, 18 rushing TDS, 2-2 passing for ~100 yards and 2 TDs...just incredible numbers

Absolutely...regular season this year his numbers weren’t huge, but that is because he barely ever played in the 2nd half because Tiger doesn’t try to run up the score and likes to get the under classmen playing time. However look at his playoff numbers this year. I may have the numbers off a bit, but 6 games, ~1,000 yards rushing, 18 rushing TDS, 2-2 passing for ~100 yards and 2 TDs...just incredible numbers
And the thing is...Tiger doesn’t do a whole lot of marketing of his players which isn’t a bad thing. If he advertised his players the way Pendleton & his staff do at Ironton (which is great by the way), college coaches would be flocking like sheep to Kirtland. And in most cases, players are quite content ending their football career at Kirtland and moving on.

Carrico is probably the heavy favorite. Going to Ohio State. Plays both ways. Is in the title game again. Out played the LSU recruit
if we look at it from this perspective, in the most important game of the year, state ‘ship...Sullivan outperformed Carrico handily! He has similar offense numbers against better regular season competition and was a team leader in leading his team to a state title! That is your “Mr. Football” right there!

if we look at it from this perspective, in the most important game of the year, state ‘ship...Sullivan outperformed Carrico handily! He has similar offense numbers against better regular season competition and was a team leader in helping his team to a state title! That is your “Mr. Football” right there!
...and by the way, I have absolutely no connection to Kirtland only what I saw on film and have read! They are a machine and you got to admire what they’ve accomplished!

Any idea when we might expect an announcement? I have yet to see an All District Team for the Stark Co. area, let alone an All State team.

What Joe Malchesky from lake catholic? If a D5 player is in the consideration why can’t a D4 player be. He has single-handedly carry the lake catholic cougars to a state championship game. With just about 1500 rushing Yds and nearly 1000 yards in the air and combining for 20+ Tds he deserves consideration. He isn’t getting the respect he deserves.

If you're going that route.....

The better QB in the D4 title game, Owen Treece.

If you're going that route.....

The better QB in the D4 title game, Owen Treece.
Of course me being from Coldwater I will also put Blasingames name out there if these players above would be considered. Not sure what his final stats were but I believe he ended the season with around 1700 yards passing and 1100 rushing to go along with 40 plus td's. These numbers are impressive because I know by watching the games on TV that he probably only played 6-7 full games this year. He also plays safety and I know that he had quite a few picks as well this year. I realize he isn't the best player but between what he did with Coldwater and what Treece did for Van Wert shouldn't be overlooked. I'm also wise enough to know that they probably aren't even in consideration because of the fact they don't play Div 1 or 2

Of course me being from Coldwater I will also put Blasingames name out there if these players above would be considered. Not sure what his final stats were but I believe he ended the season with around 1700 yards passing and 1100 rushing to go along with 40 plus td's. These numbers are impressive because I know by watching the games on TV that he probably only played 6-7 full games this year. He also plays safety and I know that he had quite a few picks as well this year. I realize he isn't the best player but between what he did with Coldwater and what Treece did for Van Wert shouldn't be overlooked. I'm also wise enough to know that they probably aren't even in consideration because of the fact they don't play Div 1 or 2

They don't play D1 or 2, aren't in NE Ohio, and aren't going to OSU or another big name school.

I certainly know there are more talented players than both, but as for what they meant to their teams...it's hard to beat them.

Carrico will probably win Mr Football, but Kiner gets my vote(if I had one)

Sidenote, Carrico will be a special teams player at TOSU, and that's all. Just not that impressed with him. Imo
Do I get to give you the Al Bundy picture for this comment? I was saying the same thing and that’s what I got from you lol. If he can only get 39 yards and 28 yards vs K-land in 2 games, I would have to agree. I watched him give up on plays because he knew his team was handily outmatched. Guy just falls flat in big game situations. K-land isn’t college teams. I wish him the best. I think maybe their coach having some ties to Big 10 football is what landed that deal. Give me Sullivan any day of the week. He embarrassed that team as did the rest of K-land. Their second string would have won that game

Last edited:
Do I get to give you the Al Bundy picture for this comment? I was saying the same thing and that’s what I got from you lol. If he can only get 39 yards and 28 yards vs K-land in 2 games, I would have to agree. I watched him give up on plays because he knew his team was handily outmatched. Guy just falls flat in big game situations. K-land isn’t college teams. I wish him the best. I think maybe their coach having some ties to Big 10 football is what landed that deal. Give me Sullivan any day of the week. He embarrassed that team as did the rest of K-land. Their second string would have won that game
You sure can. I agree too. I'd give it to Sullivan over Carrico.

Hamm led his team to an undefeated record and a state title. He pre-reads defenses, handles the ball on every snap, makes great decisions in game, excellent leader and locker room guy (essential on a team with numerous transfers) and has done it for 4 years.