Mr.Basketball

Irish60

While Chris Livingston has to be the best player in Ohio, I'm not sure the schedule at Buchtel will garner him the votes. Other than him, you'd have to look pretty hard to find a better player than Malaki Branham at STVM.

While Chris Livingston has to be the best player in Ohio, I'm not sure the schedule at Buchtel will garner him the votes. Other than him, you'd have to look pretty hard to find a better player than Malaki Branham at STVM.

Meechie Johnson is the #1 rated senior in the state. Flying a little under the radar because he did not play last year while recovering from a torn ACL.

He is back playing for his uncle and previous Ohio Mr. Basketball winner Sonny Johnson. Expect Meechie to put up some big numbers this year and have a huge year for Garfield.

Meechie is now 6’3 (4-5 inches bigger than when we last saw him in HS). He looked really good in limited action this summer on the AAU Midwest Circuit.

He is also an Ohio State commit which definitely helps with voting.

Meechie Johnson is the #1 rated senior in the state. Flying a little under the radar because he did not play last year while recovering from a torn ACL.

He is back playing for his uncle and previous Ohio Mr. Basketball winner Sonny Johnson. Expect Meechie to put up some big numbers this year and have a huge year for Garfield.

Meechie is now 6’3 (4-5 inches bigger than when we last saw him in HS). He looked really good in limited action this summer on the AAU Midwest Circuit.

He is also an Ohio State commit which definitely helps with voting.
He's a top player but not #1 Malaki is and he is also going to Ohio State

He's a top player but not #1 Malaki is and he is also going to Ohio State
Meechie may be ranked behind Malaki according to ESPN but if you have watched both of them play recently Meechie is by far the better player. He used his time at ISA very wisely and is a beast now.

Meechie may be ranked behind Malaki according to ESPN but if you have watched both of them play recently Meechie is by far the better player. He used his time at ISA very wisely and is a beast now.
However you rank the two of them, things are looking pretty good for OSU basketball down the road!

A J Braun Bishop Fenwick has to be considered in Div 2 . 6 10 had a great summer in open runs in Cincinnati and Columbus. Headed to Wright State

Last edited:
However you rank the two of them, things are looking pretty good for OSU basketball down the road!
Hope your are right . . . I think one of the blue bloods are going to come in and take Meechie away from OSU. Remember he missed an entire season so OSU was the safe committment.

How about Kobe Johnson, Canton McK and WVU Bound?
I really like Johnson's game. And Bob Huggins won't recruit you if you aren't a hard-nosed player! He has a chance to be in the POY conversation, but he'll need to show he can lift that team to the next level. The Bulldogs appear to have a lot of talent this year; with Kobe being their best player. If he and the team perform at a level commensurate to that talent, he certainly should get some well-deserved POY consideration.

Here's one publication's view of the top seniors in Ohio. While the order is generally irrelevant at this time of the year, it is interesting to see 3 of the top 4 on the list committed to the Buckeyes. It's also interesting to see #6 (Seth Wilson) and #7 (Kobe Johnson) committed to Bob Huggins and WVU. And I see it looks like another banner year for Moeller is in the offing with 4 seniors appearing on the list.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=OH

That's good news. I haven't seen a bb game yet this year and I've usually have seen about 10 or so by this time. Is it parents only? Anyone know?

Up until today it was not even parents, only essential game staff. However, as of this afternoon the Summit County Health Department has suspended ALL athletic contests until further notice. (D@&$). Practices may continue. I guess they can still play games outside Summit.

I suspect the fact they couldn’t play their first scheduled game in Franklin County impacted their play last Saturday. Tough opening on the road at Moeller.

Paul Mcmillan iv at Woodward averaging 37ppg, his team is 8-1 and in 1st place of Cincy Public League.