Moving on to watching Peyton.......

Fatman

No, Peyton is not the only Elder Grad playing College Ball. Some Grads are easier to follow than others. Not exactly sure why, but I "really" am looking forward to watching him play.

Imagine Coach is somewhere on I-65.

Looking forward to tonight's game!

Nice game for Peyton getting his first win at Northwestern. Led his team to a 43-3 win over Maryland.

He went 23 of 30 for 212 yards passing with 1 TD and no interceptions. Also carried 7 times for 47 yards and 1 TD.

I am very happy for him and enjoyed watching him play this past weekend. I have to admit I also watched the Indiana game and was hoping they lost. I feel a little bit sad about that.

I don't really see Fitzgerald leaving NW unless the relationship goes sour. He was a 2x AA player there and has coached in some capacity at the school since 2001. If another school was going to hire him away I'd guess it would have come during his 2015-2018 seasons where he had NW at 36-17. Not to mention I believe he is already the 15th highest paid coach.

Fitzgerald has recruited Cincinnati better than Tuberville did. A few LaSalle studs and Peyton.

Fitzgerald has recruited Cincinnati better than Tuberville did. A few LaSalle studs and Peyton.
Well— to be fair, Fitzgerald totally overlooked Ramsey initially— only to realize his mistake, when Ramsey entered the grad transfer system... Fitzgerald could probably have had him the first time around (for 4-5 years) —instead, he chose to recruit guys like Wyoming’s QB, Andrew Marty— that decision is a TOTAL head scratcher...

A question regarding Peyton. The NCAA announced earlier this fall that all fall sport athletes will “receive both an additional year of eligibility and an additional year in which to complete it.”

Would Peyton be eligible to return to play another year at Northwestern next year if he decided he wanted to. I understand there may be factors that impact that decision.

If anyone’s looking for an Elder-Northwestern connection, didn’t Ramsey visit Nwest practice in one of the last years Randy Walker was coaching? I think that’s when they really made the shift to being a Spread Offense.

A question regarding Peyton. The NCAA announced earlier this fall that all fall sport athletes will “receive both an additional year of eligibility and an additional year in which to complete it.”

Would Peyton be eligible to return to play another year at Northwestern next year if he decided he wanted to. I understand there may be factors that impact that decision.
My understanding is that he could—assuming he wants to and Northwestern wants him to return as well. I’m not certain though if the NCAA will increase scholarship limits though.

However five seasons of college football takes a toll on a player and some are just ready to move on to the next chapter of their life.

My understanding is that he could—assuming he wants to and Northwestern wants him to return as well. I’m not certain though if the NCAA will increase scholarship limits though.

However five seasons of college football takes a toll on a player and some are just ready to move on to the next chapter of their life.

Cool. If Scholarship limit not increased, he could just Pay for a Semester and still be eligible to play if he wanted?

Cool. If Scholarship limit not increased, he could just Pay for a Semester and still be eligible to play if he wanted?
tuition at Nwestern is 58k/yr, and assuming they’re on semesters, thats 29k for 1 semester. I can’t imagine it’s worth going that route.

Reactions: 4GX
If Ramsey even wanted to do that, they’d find a way to get him financial aid, in another form— need-based, academic merit, whatever— there is no way they would ask the starting QB to pay for school, due to a lack of an athletic grant-in-aid... that said, I agree that he might not be interested in another year of college football— although, if he’s getting an MBA at Kellogg, that’s a two-year program, so maybe he would...

Peyton on prime time today. Peyton Ramsey's #19 Northwestern Wildcats take on #10 Wisconsin Badgers on ABC/Channel 9 today at 3:30. Game is at Northwestern.

Both teams are undefeated. Wisconsin is 2-0 and Northwestern is 4-0. Wisconsin is favored to win because of their defense and recent play of a new freshman QB sensation Graham Mertz. Mertz backup is former St. X Bomber Chase Wolf.

Should be a good game. All the best to Peyton.

As I am watching this game, I keep asking myself, why does Elder not have purple helmets? I am guessing cost. If they just have numbers on the helmet, I personally believe they should be purple. When we had the panther head helmet, we needed the white helmet to have the purple panther. Now that it is just numbers, I think it should be purple with white numbers.

Fantastic win for Nwestern. They’re currently in the driver’s seat to play in the B10 Title game vs OSU.

Great article about Peyton. He represents himself, his family and the Elder community well.

George Leonard roots for Notre Dame, as did his father, as do many residents of the state of Indiana. Yet, his two teenaged sons are not interested in Fighting Irish gear. They’ve been clamoring for Peyton Ramsey Northwestern jerseys all season long.

Leonard is a social studies teacher at Bloomington North High School, where Ramsey did his student-teaching semester in the spring of 2020, necessary for him to earn his secondary degree in education from Indiana University.

Even after he graduated and transferred to Northwestern this offseason, Ramsey stayed in continual contact with Leonard and his sons. The younger son was treated to a FaceTime with Ramsey as a surprise birthday gift, while the older got a follow on Instagram and weekly messages from NU’s new quarterback, who asked for updates on his first season of high school football.

Such compassion and devotion might seem surprising on surface, but according to Leonard, the more you get to know Northwestern’s starting quarterback, the less surprising his kind acts become.

“Peyton is a better man than he is a football player, and he is one heck of a football player,” said Leonard.

Full article from November 20th

Great article about Peyton. He represents himself, his family and the Elder community well.

George Leonard roots for Notre Dame, as did his father, as do many residents of the state of Indiana. Yet, his two teenaged sons are not interested in Fighting Irish gear. They’ve been clamoring for Peyton Ramsey Northwestern jerseys all season long.

Leonard is a social studies teacher at Bloomington North High School, where Ramsey did his student-teaching semester in the spring of 2020, necessary for him to earn his secondary degree in education from Indiana University.

Even after he graduated and transferred to Northwestern this offseason, Ramsey stayed in continual contact with Leonard and his sons. The younger son was treated to a FaceTime with Ramsey as a surprise birthday gift, while the older got a follow on Instagram and weekly messages from NU’s new quarterback, who asked for updates on his first season of high school football.

Such compassion and devotion might seem surprising on surface, but according to Leonard, the more you get to know Northwestern’s starting quarterback, the less surprising his kind acts become.

“Peyton is a better man than he is a football player, and he is one heck of a football player,” said Leonard.

Full article from November 20th

Sounds like he is just like his father. I feel like all the things that are being said about Peyton in that article could just as easily be said about his dad. We have been blessed to have Doug Ramsey as our football coach for all these years. Could Peyton follow in his dad’s footsteps someday? How great would that be!

As I am watching this game, I keep asking myself, why does Elder not have purple helmets? I am guessing cost. If they just have numbers on the helmet, I personally believe they should be purple. When we had the panther head helmet, we needed the white helmet to have the purple panther. Now that it is just numbers, I think it should be purple with white numbers.
The purple helmet with white facemask is a sharp look. I agree with you, if there's just numbers on the helmet with a stripe then let's get some purple lids. The Elder players get those shells anyways, couldn't those come in purple?

What a great position our former panthers are in for the CFPlayoff. Who would of thought 5 years ago that Tommy and Peyton would be held in such high regard not only as players but the positive influence they both have representing Elder High School. Both competing on the national stage and having fun doing it. Prayers for Tommy on his surgery and look forward to seeing him back soon. Cant go without throwing some love to our bearcats also.

I have enjoyed watching them both this season. I have know Tommy since he was playing football at St. W. He is a fine young man from a fine family. Payton, although I do not know him as well, is cut from the same cloth. They both represent EHS well and do honor to our Elder community.

I'll be rooting hard for Northwestern in the B1G Championship game. It would make me feel good as an Elder and UC fan to see Peyton get the win over the Buckeyes.