Movie Theater going

PantherProud

Have you been to a movie theater since Covid started? How was the experience?

I used to go to the movies 2-3 times a month. It’s now been more than a year since I last stepped into one. Not so much because of the risk, but because there hasn’t been anything worth seeing.

I’m thinking Kong vs Godzilla may be my first trip back. While it will be streaming on HBO Max, Kong vs Godzilla is a movie that should be seen on the big screen.

I have been 3 times. Used to go more but as you said not much to see. Saw indiana jones and empire strikes back. Haven't seen those on the big screen since I was a kid. And wonder woman. Will go see black widow if they are still planning on the may release.

The theaters I went to had assigned seats and when you picked your seats it automatically blocked several around you for social distancing. No issues and never felt "unsafe".

Have you been to a movie theater since Covid started? How was the experience?

I used to go to the movies 2-3 times a month. It’s now been more than a year since I last stepped into one. Not so much because of the risk, but because there hasn’t been anything worth seeing.

I’m thinking Kong vs Godzilla may be my first trip back. While it will be streaming on HBO Max, Kong vs Godzilla is a movie that should be seen on the big screen.
Think Kong v Godzilla will be my return to the theater as well.

I have been 3 times. Used to go more but as you said not much to see. Saw indiana jones and empire strikes back. Haven't seen those on the big screen since I was a kid. And wonder woman. Will go see black widow if they are still planning on the may release.

The theaters I went to had assigned seats and when you picked your seats it automatically blocked several around you for social distancing. No issues and never felt "unsafe".
I've been to 3 as well. Assigned seating and not crowded. I like going because of nostalgia and experience and I'm afraid the younger generation could care less and would rather sit at home and stream.

There's kids that go but you know what? They are not quiet. So blessings counted when they're not there.

I do miss the way over priced popcorn with fake butter and also the atmosphere but so darn expensive. Remembering when I couldn't afford to go to the movies when my friends did is a nostolgia I can do without. I just stream things.

I've been three times. Not much different than usual, minus that the place was dead and showtimes were limited. We saw The Honest Thief, Let Him Go, and Judas the the Black Messiah. All three times there might have been a handful of other people in the theater with us. I'll be going to see Nobody and Kong vs. Godzilla in the next couple of weeks for sure.

Been to a drive in theater 4-5 times in the last 9 months. Hasn't been any movies in actual theaters worth dropping the $25+ for my wife and I when we can just stream it at home while eating/drinking whatever we wanted for significantly less.

We've been three times as well (three seems to be the magic number). We saw Fatima right after the local art house theater reopened (maybe last June) then we saw Promising Young Woman, again at an art house theater. Then we went to the regular multiplex and saw News of the World. The Esquire, our art house theater of choice, was sparsely attended on both occasions with five or six couples spaced out to a safe distance. In the multiplex, we were actually the only people in the room. Both theaters were clean and disinfected between showings. Both also used prepaid reserved seats and no paper tickets. Both sold concessions but we refrained.

There is nothing like seeing a film in a darkened theater. When we went to our first film during the pandemic, it was such a treat. We watched Greyhound on tv at home and I could not feel cheated that we could not see it in the theater.

We used to have one of those art houses on the Eastside. Had to be 21 to not sneak in. Spacing out a safe distance was generally a good idea too.