Most State Medals By One Set of Siblings?

Turn City

After this year the Shore family has 4 kids with a medal. Graham was a 4x placer, Max with 2 and Olivia and Cooper with 1. Putting them at 8 medals, not counting Covid last year in which Max and Cooper could have had another each. Both Max and Cooper have a chance for more as well as two more younger boys yet to be in HS. After Max and cooper are graduated they will likely be at 11 medals with two kids left. I know the set of jordans are at 12 with Bo, Micah and Rocky. What others? The Dernlins from West Lib? Skonieczny brothers?

The (younger) Decaturs have 10 between Josh, Jacob and Jordan. Not sure about the (older) Decaturs at least 4 between Richard, Rodney, Robert and John.

Not sure now. It was always close and back and forth between the Dernlans and the Disabatos. Then I think the Opfers might have passed them both.

Just titles for the Jordans...
4: Jim
3: Ben
3: Isaac

4: Jeff
4: Bo
4: Micah
3: Rocky

10+15=25

Is this just for first place - or total placements in top 8 (medal winners). That might take it to 12 each, but I'm not about to go look it up. I'm sure someone would know. But still well behind the Opfers from Sandusky. Would need 5 sons to top their total, unless Ohio changes the rules on eligibility.

Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite sports trivia questions - Which set of brothers has hit the most career home runs in MLB history. Any guesses without looking it up?

OC: What I offered was only 1st place. I do know that each of the nine placed. I do not think it was outside of the top 3. So that would be 15 placements for Jim's side and 20 placements from Jeff's side.

But alas, it was only siblings, meaning Jim & Jeff would only count for 8, and then Ben and Isaac would be grouped together and Bo, Micah, and Rocky lumped as a total.

HR Brothers...I'd have to think who had brothers; Ripkens, Alous, DiMaggios among others and then determine which set hit HRs. I'm not sure if the Alous hit homers, but I do know DiMaggios did. So that's my guess. (I actually think there were three, but I'm speaking of Joe and Dom.

GREAT QUESTION. Please provide an answer after some time to let others guess.

to think who had brothers; Ripkens, Alous, DiMaggios among others and then determine which set hit HRs. I'm not sure if the Alous hit homers, but I do know DiMaggios did. So that's my guess. (I actually think there were three, but I'm speaking of Joe and Dom.

GREAT QUESTION. Please provide an answer after some time to let others guess.

My first thought was the Canseco or Giambi brothers.

Did Hank Aaron have a brother?

How about the DiSabatos? I'm pretty sure Vince, Mike, Adam, and Dom are brothers and if I remember correctly from an article I read they have 3 more brothers. Maybe Luke and Leo and one more?

They have to have the sibling records in all categories.

Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite sports trivia questions - Which set of brothers has hit the most career home runs in MLB history. Any guesses without looking it up?

I've seen this before...it's one of the all time leaders and his brother who had just a few...its either Ruth or Aaron I think.

How about the DiSabatos? I'm pretty sure Vince, Mike, Adam, and Dom are brothers and if I remember correctly from an article I read they have 3 more brothers. Maybe Luke and Leo and one more?

They have to have the sibling records in all categories.

I do not know the family tree well enough to comment on who is siblings with who. I do know that that tree is LARGE though.

@CoachMorgan & others: Good call on Aaron. If had a brother in the League, that's probably the answer. It'd take a set or trio of siblings to each have 380 (or ~275) to beat Hank alone! Bah! That makes total sense.

I'm off to see how many the Ripkens totaled. Probably not many, but now I'm intrigued.

I thought the Ripkens were just Cal Jr. and Billy and neither were known for being big time HR guys.

On a side note, if you have never seen Billy Ripken's 1989 Fleer card look it up. One of the best cards of all time.

i know Hank had a brother that played...i think his name was Tom or Tommy. My guess would be them...even if he hit 20 or so, that would be enough to have the record...lol

i know Hank had a brother that played...i think his name was Tom or Tommy. My guess would be them...even if he hit 20 or so, that would be enough to have the record...lol
Bingo!! We have a winner. Hank hit 755 and Tommie hit 13. The 768 total is about 200 more than the next set of brothers (that I can't remember right now but I think it was the DiMaggios - Vince, Dom, and Joe).

Last edited: