Most Downtrodden Fanbase

Most downtrodden fanbase:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

White Sox. Even when they won the World Series their own hometown didn't care. Chicago is a Cubs town, and the White Sox are an afterthought. That must be depressing for the Sox players.

White Sox. Even when they won the World Series their own hometown didn't care. Chicago is a Cubs town, and the White Sox are an afterthought. That must be depressing for the Sox players.

Pretty much. Definitely White Sox.

I'm going with Oakland. They've had modest success at best in recent years, they never sign good free agents, they play in an awful park, and their fans have had to endure continual relocation talks. And they're blocked by the Giants from relocating in the Bay Area. Additionally, the Giants added to the pain by winning the World Series and enjoying what seems like enormous popularity out there.

I am going with the Rays-friend lives in the Tampa area and he says there is a small group of fans that continue going to games but the rest of the area just don't give a d---.

The A's 3 peated in the 70's and won again in 89. They are clearly the worst example of those listed.

The Orioles haven't had a winning season since 1997, and Baltimore was perhaps the model franchise from the mid-1960's to 1997, so 15 years of nothing has to be killing the older fans of the Birds.

The Orioles haven't had a winning season since 1997, and Baltimore was perhaps the model franchise from the mid-1960's to 1997, so 15 years of nothing has to be killing the older fans of the Birds.

There are several other towns that have had it worse.

The Royals also have missed on so many big time prospects- they are like the Clippers of the MLB.

I think every franchise has misses, though. In 2007 the Pirates drafted Daniel Moskos 4th overall. 5th overall was Matt Wieters. Moskos is a reliever in AAA right now, while Wieters was an All-Star last season.