Most deadly Chicago weekend in 60 years.. not even mentioned on here?

I think the shutdowns are having a big impact on everything that is reopening, including the Chicago murders. If George Floyd had died in 2019, I don't think we would be having these large protests. He would still be viral news but not the same level. People want to get out and do something after being cooped up for months. That includes all the gang members in Chicago.

Why is it so hard for you guys to acknowledge that race is an issue in American society? I agree crime is a problem in the inner city and the vast majority of violent offenders are African American. Also without question the police by and large are good people assigned a difficult task.

The message everyone should be taking from the last few weeks is that minorities in this country feel they are being singled out by the police. Perception is reality and extreme incidents bring this deep seeded mistrust to the surface. Many on here speak often of religion and decency. Isn't the decent thing to do is reflect on treating others as you would want to be treated. Instead of dismissing others plight as imagined or attempting to diminish it. Just think the issue has a lot more middle ground than many yappi posters are comfortable with

I think the shutdowns are having a big impact on everything that is reopening, including the Chicago murders. If George Floyd had died in 2019, I don't think we would be having these large protests. He would still be viral news but not the same level. People want to get out and do something after being cooped up for months. That includes all the gang members in Chicago.
Seeing a reasoned response like this , makes me feel a little bad about some of the slightly antagonistic things I might have posted in the last few minutes :).

Why is it so hard for you guys to acknowledge that race is an issue in American society? I agree crime is a problem in the inner city and the vast majority of violent offenders are African American. Also without question the police by and large are good people assigned a difficult task.

The message everyone should be taking from the last few weeks is that minorities in this country feel they are being singled out by the police. Perception is reality and extreme incidents bring this deep seeded mistrust to the surface. Many on here speak often of religion and decency. Isn't the decent thing to do is reflect on treating others as you would want to be treated. Instead of dismissing others plight as imagined or attempting to diminish it. Just think the issue has a lot more middle ground than many yappi posters are comfortable with
I agree with all the things you agree with about the problems in this country. I don't think it's wrong to talk about both police brutality and black on black crime. I believe all black lives matter, not just the ones that fit the political narrative of one party.

I agree with all the things you agree with about the problems in this country. I don't think it's wrong to talk about both police brutality and black on black crime. I believe all black lives matter, not just the ones that fit the political narrative of one party.
People are always going to politicize issues for their own benefit. It isn't much different than I want to be the law and order president or the dog whistle of maga. The fact remains that race is an issue in our society and by deflecting, shift the conversation or refusing to keep an open mind to other situation hinders progress.

Something else thats been a head scratcher to me. Why is it everytime someone wants to look at murder the number 1 go to is Chicago? They are 9th per capita in murder as of 2018. Just ahead of Cincinnati. This Chicago narrative seemed to have started around the Obama presidency to fuel some narrative. Their numbers pale in comparison to St Louis and Baltimore. Chicagos numbers also pale in comparison to the late 60s and early 90s. I'm not saying it's not dangerous. Its dangerous as hell. I'm asking why is Chicago is the "look how bad inner city crime is" when you have cities that per capita would fit that bill a lot better

Something else thats been a head scratcher to me. Why is it everytime someone wants to look at murder the number 1 go to is Chicago? They are 9th per capita in murder as of 2018. Just ahead of Cincinnati. This Chicago narrative seemed to have started around the Obama presidency to fuel some narrative. Their numbers pale in comparison to St Louis and Baltimore. Chicagos numbers also pale in comparison to the late 60s and early 90s. I'm not saying it's not dangerous. Its dangerous as hell. I'm asking why is Chicago is the "look how bad inner city crime is" when you have cities that per capita would fit that bill a lot better

It's personal for me because I hated the Bulls in the Michael Jordan era

Last edited:
Reactions: y2h

Possible. Interesting perspective. Maybe because it's a fairly concentrated area of Chicago? They don't really say Chicago, they say South Chicago.

Is it just a sent perception? Joke would be on us.

People are always going to politicize issues for their own benefit. It isn't much different than I want to be the law and order president or the dog whistle of maga. The fact remains that race is an issue in our society and by deflecting, shift the conversation or refusing to keep an open mind to other situation hinders progress.
Dog whistle ?

Chicago is not even in the top 30.

So they can pick it up a little and still be just fine?

Think I spotted the reason for success in Chicago vs some of the top murder rate cities. East Saint Louis is 97% black and claims the number one murder rate per thousand. Gary Indiana is over 80 % black, they get the 3 spot.

Chicago has 45% white, 32 % black. It's hard for that few of blacks as a percentage to do enough murders to get them into the top 30.

Dayton, near where I live is #25 on the list. It is 51% white 42% black. Over 90% of homicides occur in the black area of the city.

Chicago's rate is 75% of murdered are black, 71 % of murderers are black. So their populations of whites are chipping in on the homicide situation at a greater rate than .Dayton's white population does. I go to Chicago every so often. It is like anywhere else, if you know where to go and study a crime map and statistics before you go you will be allright most likely.

If you don't have time to do the research, just look up all the hotels in the city along with their pricing. Pick a hotel in the upper 75% of cost and you should be in a great community, white or black.

Think I spotted the reason for success in Chicago vs some of the top murder rate cities. East Saint Louis is 97% black and claims the number one murder rate per thousand. Gary Indiana is over 80 % black, they get the 3 spot.

Chicago has 45% white, 32 % black. It's hard for that few of blacks as a percentage to do enough murders to get them into the top 30.

Dayton, near where I live is #25 on the list. It is 51% white 42% black. Over 90% of homicides occur in the black area of the city.
Is it the black area where that white guy murdered 9 people or is that the white area?

Is it the black area where that white guy murdered 9 people or is that the white area?
Not sure which story your referring to but I'll look it up. St Louis is interesting as they are nearly identical 44% black/white population, but murders are 65 black, 7 white.

Only story I found online was a German gunman killed 9 in an attempt to exterminate all people of a certain race. He came up short of his goal. Is this the story you refer to?

LMAO

Prov1 trying to downplay the lives of blacks lost to murder in Chicago.

Their lives don't matter. Their not even in the top 30.

Only some black lives matter apparently. The rest are just statistics.

Why does Prv1 always divide people racially? Sad

I think this all started when it was falsely reported that Chicago has the nations strictest gun laws. I guess that in't true.