Monroe boys

Lol bwahaha

Don't get me wrong Molz was very good at Off season things a lot better then what I seen at many other schools. As a coach not so much and definitely not a players coach by no means. Congrads to him however on his new place, but I don't see him as the right fit for a place like Fairmont.

Don't get me wrong Molz was very good at Off season things a lot better then what I seen at many other schools. As a coach not so much and definitely not a players coach by no means. Congrads to him however on his new place, but I don't see him as the right fit for a place like Fairmont.

Maybe they are thinking that a hometown guy can change things rather than an outsider. With politics involved it is almost impossible for anyone on the outside to figure things out. Going from Monroe to Kettering is a pretty big jump.

What is a “players coach”?

What is a “players coach”?

Someone who plays the right players and keeps the better players in the program. 100% should have won the league last season. Losing to Eaton his way and then beating them by 40+ after he finally made changes to starters was a microcosm of the season.

Molz was getting rid of the cancer players at Monroe. He started to win games and kept the ones willing to work. Monroe will never be anything above average at basketball.

Why

Molz was getting rid of the cancer players at Monroe. He started to win games and kept the ones willing to work. Monroe will never be anything above average at basketball.
Why would you say that they will never be anything above average? Just curious

I laughed at the statement, “They should have won the league last season,” as if that was an accomplishment. I laugh at centerville fans, not cups. Why do you not hustle along and get that loose ball. Yeah, right.

Someone who plays the right players and keeps the better players in the program. 100% should have won the league last season. Losing to Eaton his way and then beating them by 40+ after he finally made changes to starters was a microcosm of the season.

Couldnt have said this any better. Up by 10 with 2mins left against the worse team in the League and you cant call a time to get the ball into your point guard or another ball handler and lose the Game. No coach loses this game.

Molz got rid of 1 cancer player 2 seasons ago all the rest quit on him plain and simple.

I laughed at the statement, “They should have won the league last season,” as if that was an accomplishment. I laugh at centerville fans, not cups. Why do you not hustle along and get that loose ball. Yeah, right.

For Monroe it is just saying. Maybe it meant something to the kids :shrug:

Molz got rid of 1 cancer player 2 seasons ago all the rest quit on him plain and simple.

getting them to quit was probably a good thing because he wasn't going to put up their bs... Monroe was better off without them anyways.

I believe Monroe improved significantly after he get rid of those guys or they quit.

He only got rid of one guy and he left that up to the players to decide lol. A freshman that started his freshman year that didnt play his sophmore year is not helping the team lmao. Great kid that decided not to play, I bet he is back this year possibly.

In 2017 Molz had 5 sophmores and 1 Freshman that played Varsity. All 5 sophmores playing significant time.
Last season he would have had 5 of them as Seniors and the Junior but only 2 of the 6 still continued to play for him. All Great kids that simply didnt want to play for him.

Last edited:
I believe Monroe improved significantly after he get rid of those guys or they quit.

They improved significantly when he let the young kids play instead of the basketball-only kids. Also when he stopped running that terrible offense and let them just be athletes to a degree.

What does Molz do that is so bad that these terrific players that love the game do not want to play? Discipline, accountability, conditioning, commitment, high expectations?

They improved significantly when he let the young kids play instead of the basketball-only kids. Also when he stopped running that terrible offense and let them just be athletes to a degree.

You get it! The offense he ran was entirely Terrrrible as Barkley would say.
Too much passing because he wouldnt let kids shoot which eventually ended up in too many lost possessions due to turnovers.

I remember in Summer ball when he couldnt coach and the kids just played they were completely better just being athletes.

What does Molz do that is so bad that these terrific players that love the game do not want to play? Discipline, accountability, conditioning, commitment, high expectations?

Word between the last 3yrs he talked down on the players a whole lot and never praised them for anything. Obviously its hear say but I heard this among the last 3 classes that he rarely had anything good to say. :shrug:

Word between the last 3yrs he talked down on the players a whole lot and never praised them for anything. Obviously its hear say but I heard this among the last 3 classes that he rarely had anything good to say. :shrug:

You sound like a disgruntled player or parent...