Money Saving Tips

How many could even fill out a budget spreadsheet? Parents are to blame. One of my biggest educational issues. Teach these kid's financial skills. I'm frugal, but yet pick my spots to spend. When I go on vacation, I spend. Anniversary dinner was $830 for 5 Sunday. If you enjoy certain things, go for it. Just make sure it's within your means.
Marry me. I'll shave my legs.

How many could even fill out a budget spreadsheet? Parents are to blame. One of my biggest educational issues. Teach these kid's financial skills. I'm frugal, but yet pick my spots to spend. When I go on vacation, I spend. Anniversary dinner was $830 for 5 Sunday. If you enjoy certain things, go for it. Just make sure it's within your means.
Sister wives?

Sister wives?
Marry me. I'll shave my legs.
1668084151245.png

Man, there are some cheap folks in here! LOL

Definitely don't own Credit Cards. Only spend what you have, and agreed make your own food, save on fast food and all of that.

The easiest way to save money? Start a budget, and track everything you spend. Seeing how much you spend without even realizing it is an eye-opener.

Except for the rare circumstance of the extremely disciplined individual, I'm a firm believer that whatever money we have, we will find a way to spend. So invest or save (move) as much as you can, automatically, before you have a chance to see it. Increase your 401k contributions. Set up automatic weekly transfers to a higher-interest savings account. Contribute more to your HSA or 529 plan. Whatever floats your boat. Just do whatever you can to not have the money immediately available in your checking account that is just 1 swipe away, thus reducing the starting amount for your budget. It's amazing how simply seeing a lower account balance subconsciously (or even consciously) makes you spend less. And you're saving money away in the process. It's a double whammy.

"Live within your means" is the obvious one. Don't spend money you don't have. But in the event you do have (and use) a credit card, set it up to automatically pay in full every month. Credit card debt is the beginning of the end.
I think you hit a home run here for most people. Having had the opportunity to council a few people who have came to me for advice, in nearly every case they had no idea what they were spending their money on. So by tracking a month's worth of spending in every case enough frivolous spending was identified to make a workable budget going forward. Getting rid of past debt was a larger issue for a few and bankruptcy was the only logical way out for them, but going forward the budget has kept them from repeating their mistake a second time.

Man, there are some cheap folks in here! LOL

Definitely don't own Credit Cards. Only spend what you have, and agreed make your own food, save on fast food and all of that.
Not necessarily true. Yes...so many get in debt with CCs.......but done correctly they can be a big positive. A. Helps credit score. B. Pay off each month (I do it weekly) and pay zero interest and rape them for the rewards. I've received thousand plus dollars in the last few years with the % I get back...5% on most things.