Mogadore vs Mogadore Field

wildcat71

The rivalry will finally be renewed! Mogadore visits cross " reservoir " rival Mogadore Field. This dates back to when Suffield had it's own school before consolidating with Brimfield. 2 communities that share a postal address and many relatives on both sides. Haven't played since early 2000's I believe. Field won that matchup and retained the helmet trophy. Mogadore holds the all time series record. Hopefully this game continues, big gate, fun environment and bragging rights for a year. Sure hope the younger generation embraces this game!! GO MOGADORE WILDCATS!!!! BEAT FIELD!!!

Anyone want to share a bit more about this rivalry? The history? I don't know much about it. Mogadore is a perennial power and I feel like I hear a lot about them. I didn't even realize Field was D-IV. And was D-III several years ago. I never hear anything about them. I figured both were small schools and that it was a lopsided rivalry in Mogadore's favor, but maybe not..?

Anyone want to share a bit more about this rivalry? The history? I don't know much about it. Mogadore is a perennial power and I feel like I hear a lot about them. I didn't even realize Field was D-IV. And was D-III several years ago. I never hear anything about them. I figured both were small schools and that it was a lopsided rivalry in Mogadore's favor, but maybe not..?
In recent years Rootstown has been Mogadore’s heated rival.

However, from forever ago until the last game in 2004 this was Mogadore’s heated rivalry in every sport. The schools are 3 miles apart. Everyone knows everyone on both sides. Heck, there are many boyfriend and girlfriends pairs with one from each school.

As said above, hopefully this is embraced by the players now and the rivalry thrives again.

It would help the rivalry if it was competitive. We can hope that happens, but Field football has been down for some time.

Mogadore leads the series 29-12.

This rivalry started before Suffield consolidated with Brimfield. Suffield High school was known as the Red Devils and Big Red. Colors red and white. Those carried over to the consolidated Field Local. I remember when the schools played at Mogadore, the Field students would meet at the Moose Lodge on Mogadore road. Then march through Mogadore to our stadium. The funny part we called them farmers...and their 1st band uniform were jean's, blue shirt with red bandana tied around their neck!! , Great rivalry, too bad it ended on several occasions. Hopefully this will continue!!

Not much of a rivalry when one team does not want the other in their league. And votes no every chance they meet to let the other team in. Just saying. Not a rivalry.

If the weather holds out it will be a great night. I plan to down a couple sausage sandwiches and lemonades at the festival and then maybe ride the mechanical bull. As far as the game goes I will have to take the Red Devils. The track is going to be wet and muddy and the Devils are mudders this year. I saw both games they played and they have the better horses than the kittens this year. Hopefully if I get their early enough I can get a devil painted on my chest. Sorry Cats

Heard tommorow night could be an audition for Defense Coach Dan Miller ... talk is Smithville AD will be in attendance and is prepared to throw everything they can to get him back home if his defense covers ..... as far as the cats go this season I’m not sure .... just wish moggy would stop hiring ex-lineman for skill position coaching

I remember from my old Suburban days in the late 1970s when Field was in our league and was tough in every sport as I recall, especially football. They tanned our hides at Hudson several times! Also as I recall, back then the Falcons were AAA, but I could be wrong. I guess I'm surprised at the decline in enrollment there in the past 35-40 years but it's a common theme amongst many area schools. Good to see the rivalry with Mogadore coming back.

I stopped by and watched Mogadore dismantle Field in the 3rd qtr. It was 14-0 when they started. 35-0 when I left with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.. Mogadore will be a team to contend with in D6.

The wing t or triple option or whatever you call it is fine if you're able to get a lead and control time of possession, but it is not the offensive scheme capable of coming back from a decent deficit. Unless you can pass consistently ... you can't beat the Wildcats.