Mogadore schedule

wildcat71

Has Mogadore been able to fill their 2 open weeks for 2022? Thinking last I saw weeks 2 and 6 were open.

MOGADORE
1 - @ Mogadore Field
2 - (H) Columbus Crusaders
3 - (H) Akron Manchester
5 - @ Lucas
6 - (H) Warren John F Kennedy
7 - (H) University School
8 - @ Ravenna Southeast
9 - @ St. Thomas Aquinas
10 - (H) Rootstown

There is a plan for Week 4 if another team can't find a game, as well.

Last edited:
At least Manchester will get to see a nice stadium! Hopefully they some day get a new one with their new schools.

Yes on a new stadium for Manchester. The plans are for a new high school building to be ready for use in August, 2024, a renovated elementary school for August, 2025, and new outdoor athletic facilities for August, 2026.

Yes on a new stadium for Manchester. The plans are for a new high school building to be ready for use in August, 2024, a renovated elementary school for August, 2025, and new outdoor athletic facilities for August, 2026.
Are they relocating the stadium?

I believe yes as it is about the only rivalry left from the old Portage Trail County league. Rootstown, Ravenna Southeast would be the other.
Thanks. Dad, who played at Rootstown (early 40's), will like to know. I recognize several of the teams he has often mentioned when I look at the Portage County map, including Ravenna, Garfield, Randolph, Suffield, Field and (maybe) Roosevelt. I'm sure I am missing some. Maybe, someone else knows...

Thanks. Dad, who played at Rootstown (early 40's), will like to know. I recognize several of the teams he has often mentioned when I look at the Portage County map, including Ravenna, Garfield, Randolph, Suffield, Field and (maybe) Roosevelt. I'm sure I am missing some. Maybe, someone else knows...
Portage County League at 1 time or other included some of the following ( many were prior to consolidation).
Suffield ( consolidation with Brimfield to form Field), Randolph, Atwater ( consolidated to form Waterloo), Mantua Township, Mantua Village, Shalersville ( consolidated to form Mantua- Shalersville, eventually adding Hiram to form Crestwood), Aurora, Streetsboro, Rootstown, Ravenna Township ( eventually merged with Ravenna City), Southeast was consolidation in 1950 of 5 townships some which were in old Portage County League ( Charlestown, Deerfield, Edinburgh, Palmyra and Paris). Windham. Mogadore eventually joined in 1968, but many schools used the Mogadore stadium since the 1940's because it had stadium lights. I remember watching Suffield, Randolph and Atwater coming to Mogadore, usually on a Saturday night to play games!

Are they relocating the stadium?
Yes. The current soccer field and track (located next to the current high school) will be renovated into a multi-sport complex. The new high school will be built on the current baseball field site. The current high school will be renovated into an elementary school. The current elementary school will be torn down and the baseball field relocated to that site.

I have not heard what will happen to the current football stadium after the new one is built. The cost to renovate it to today's standards was as much or more than building new.

Yes. The current soccer field and track (located next to the current high school) will be renovated into a multi-sport complex. The new high school will be built on the current baseball field site. The current high school will be renovated into an elementary school. The current elementary school will be torn down and the baseball field relocated to that site.

I have not heard what will happen to the current football stadium after the new one is built. The cost to renovate it to today's standards was as much or more than building new.
Maybe use it as a youth stadium?

Portage County League at 1 time or other included some of the following ( many were prior to consolidation).
Suffield ( consolidation with Brimfield to form Field), Randolph, Atwater ( consolidated to form Waterloo), Mantua Township, Mantua Village, Shalersville ( consolidated to form Mantua- Shalersville, eventually adding Hiram to form Crestwood), Aurora, Streetsboro, Rootstown, Ravenna Township ( eventually merged with Ravenna City), Southeast was consolidation in 1950 of 5 townships some which were in old Portage County League ( Charlestown, Deerfield, Edinburgh, Palmyra and Paris). Windham. Mogadore eventually joined in 1968, but many schools used the Mogadore stadium since the 1940's because it had stadium lights. I remember watching Suffield, Randolph and Atwater coming to Mogadore, usually on a Saturday night to play games!
Great information! I appreciate the time you took to lay it out.

I did forget Nelson and Freedom Townships consolidated with Garrettsville to form.J.A. Garfield. Windham Exempted has remained the same.

Manchester will be enjoying the benefits of a new turf football complex as the program begins its decent into the abyss ... the glory days are over ... Canton South is going to dominate the Pac 7 in football ...

Maybe use it as a youth stadium?
I've not heard anything on this nor am I close enough to anyone to know. It's a possibility, but they also have Lockhart Field already in use. I believe it will come down to the costs associated with operating and maintaining Lockhart Field and/or the current high school "complex". I say "complex" because there is plenty of open land around France Stadium, especially after they tear down the old school building in front of France Stadium.

IMO, just based on what I believe, eventually the city of New Franklin will come into this picture and do something community oriented with Lockhart Field and the France Stadium "complex". The city has shown the willingness and ability to "partner" with the school district, an example is the tennis and pickleball courts that are just starting construction next to the middle school and the Sisler baseball fields. The high school tennis teams will use that facility. That land around France Stadium could be turned into a good city park facility with all kinds of sports and recreational use. I think we're a couple of years away from hearing anything specific though.

I've not heard anything on this nor am I close enough to anyone to know. It's a possibility, but they also have Lockhart Field already in use. I believe it will come down to the costs associated with operating and maintaining Lockhart Field and/or the current high school "complex". I say "complex" because there is plenty of open land around France Stadium, especially after they tear down the old school building in front of France Stadium.

IMO, just based on what I believe, eventually the city of New Franklin will come into this picture and do something community oriented with Lockhart Field and the France Stadium "complex". The city has shown the willingness and ability to "partner" with the school district, an example is the tennis and pickleball courts that are just starting construction next to the middle school and the Sisler baseball fields. The high school tennis teams will use that facility. That land around France Stadium could be turned into a good city park facility with all kinds of sports and recreational use. I think we're a couple of years away from hearing anything specific though.
And is in a residential area of homes, especially those on Harter Home.

Springfield and Field belong in the PTC. They be able to compete. Fields problem is their person at the top who is charge. Springfield has a new leader this august.

Don't understand Mogadore Field. They already play non league football vs Rootstown, Ravenna Southeast and across the red

So, you’d favor sending JFK and STA packing? I don’t know, it seems like kind of an underhanded move.
We are used to it. Not sure why everyone gets bent out of shape over leagues. Not many kids say they want to win the league. They want to make the playoffs.

We are used to it. Not sure why everyone gets bent out of shape over leagues. Not many kids say they want to win the league. They want to make the playoffs.
Not too hard to make the playoffs now a days, but I agree league titles are nice but not the end all be all