Mogadore 64 Greatest Athletes

mogadore

If a list of 64 Mogadore Grestest Athletes were made up and voted on by the people of the village be possiible or would it just be a waste of time.
Would Athletes not on the list be upset because he or she were not on the list. Any suggestion if this could or not be done. The vote would be for just for the High School careers of the Athletes

Thank You

Terrible idea. This will be football skilled position heavy, do you really think there's enough residents of mogadore who are educated enough on all the sports teams to make an educated vote? Who do you let vote? Just current residents? People that went to mogadore? People that went to mogadore but live in suffield or brimfield or ellet? You can bet the top 20 athletes will be running backs or quarter backs or linebackers from the past 15 yrs. Volleyball? Girls track? Cross country? Wrestling? I would be shocked if there would be more than 3 of each on this list.

Terrible idea. This will be football skilled position heavy, do you really think there's enough residents of mogadore who are educated enough on all the sports teams to make an educated vote? Who do you let vote? Just current residents? People that went to mogadore? People that went to mogadore but live in suffield or brimfield or ellet? You can bet the top 20 athletes will be running backs or quarter backs or linebackers from the past 15 yrs. Volleyball? Girls track? Cross country? Wrestling? I would be shocked if there would be more than 3 of each on this list.

You are correct, this would be hard to pull off. The only way you could fairly do this to have a minimum number, let's say five, from each men's and women's sport. Football would still probably have at least 15 representatives. And like you said the list would be dominated by athletes within the last 20 years because they are freshest on the mind and they dominate the record books. Look at the Mogadorefootball.com website, very few players mentioned played more than 25 years ago.

I think a Top 50 Mogadore football players of all time list would be interesting. Then expanding on that an All-decade team for each decade from 1950's on would be very interesting.

I think it would be interesting to do on yappi or whatever, but don't trot this out to the public. There's enough people tired of "the good ole boys club" already . People can get behind celebrating for there local teams or school district, but no one wants to hear how great there neighbore was 20 yrs ago.

I think it would be interesting to do on yappi or whatever, but don't trot this out to the public. There's enough people tired of "the good ole boys club" already . People can get behind celebrating for there local teams or school district, but no one wants to hear how great there neighbore was 20 yrs ago.

I would definitely be tough to pull off any objectivity with the public voting. It would be best accomplished with a five to seven person panel spanning differing generations. I still think it could only be pulled off for one sport. Comparing athletes across different sports would be too tough to do objectively. Top 50 football players of all time would be interesting. The panel could use a variety of resources to objectively come to their conclusions. Stats, film, and first hand accounts could all be used.

One thing that would have to be considered is if you take into account post-high school accomplishments. I think for the sake of a list like this it would be best to stick to what happened before graduation. It would be very hard to research all the players post graduation accomplishments.

To me, and in my opinion only, this is simply a bad idea all around. I just do not see any purpose(s) for this. Mogadore seems to me to be a truly prideful, almost arrogant kind of place. I lived there and my own son played on the 96 team. Nonetheless, feelings would most definately get hurt. Yes, I think it could easily be done; but why? My honest feeling is people, mostly not even from Mogadore, would be upset and not understand. It would be blamed on the people of Mogadore, and it serves no real purpose.

Chucky Moore, Tommy Lee, Tom Kot and anyone named Adolph, Murphy, Pierce, Pollack and Raddish.