Moeller

4GX

Game is at X— otherwise, maybe Moe could have booked the game for Ohio State’s ”Shoe”, since UC is playing right now, and Ohio State is not— makes almost as much sense as booking Nippert— speaking of which, where IS Moeller playing ”home” games this year?

Heard Moe is trying to get Urban Meyer to come out of (sportscasting) retirement and return to GCL coaching again, to restore Moe to former greatness— would even THAT work?

Last edited:

X can't afford to take Moeller lightly. Looks like Moe made some changes at QB and they were up 14 to 0 on Elder before Elder got their offense going. Nolan played well for not getting many reps at QB. The key is the O line. They got very little push against Cathedral which killed the run game. For the 1st time this year they struggled in pass protection. At sometime they need to step up and move somebody. Anderson went down with an ankle injury in the defensive backfield and based on how he was moving i doubt he or Brogan will be available for the next game. The team will show what kind of grit they have this week. QB has to use all weapons and not force the ball to Liam. Brogan has been great at this Nolan will need to follow suit if the team is going to be successful

X can't afford to take Moeller lightly. Looks like Moe made some changes at QB and they were up 14 to 0 on Elder before Elder got their offense going. Nolan played well for not getting many reps at QB. The key is the O line. They got very little push against Cathedral which killed the run game. For the 1st time this year they struggled in pass protection. At sometime they need to step up and move somebody. Anderson went down with an ankle injury in the defensive backfield and based on how he was moving i doubt he or Brogan will be available for the next game. The team will show what kind of grit they have this week. QB has to use all weapons and not force the ball to Liam. Brogan has been great at this Nolan will need to follow suit if the team is going to be successful
We kept hearing that the offensive line is the strength of this team— I haven’t seen that— we heard they fixed the problems, after no rush game against Brownsburg—and I thought let’s see what happens when they face another stout defensive line (which is NOT what LaSalle or Elder offered)— and we see what happened... it looks to me like the strength of the offense is/was an accurate, mobile QB (we‘ll see what happens if he doesn’t play these coming weeks) and the receivers— I haven’t seen the line doing what it takes (so far) in short yardage situitions.
With or without QB #1, X needs to be able to beat a Moe team that is probably as far down as they have been— If East Central can beat them...

Game is at X— otherwise, maybe Moe could have booked the game for Ohio State’s ”Shoe”, since UC is playing right now, and Ohio State is not— makes almost as much sense as booking Nippert— speaking of which, where IS Moeller playing ”home” games this year?

Heard Moe is trying to get Urban Meyer to come out of (sportscasting) retirement and return to GCL coaching again, to restore Moe to former greatness— would even THAT work?

Moeller is playing no home games this year. I assume that the only way to see this game in person is through family connections???

Moeller is playing no home games this year. I assume that the only way to see this game in person is through family connections???
My suspicion is that kids will be able to purchase more than 2 tickets per family since it is senior night. if you have any friends with kids on the team that aren't seniors it would be a good time to reach out to them

We kept hearing that the offensive line is the strength of this team— I haven’t seen that— we heard they fixed the problems, after no rush game against Brownsburg—and I thought let’s see what happens when they face another stout defensive line (which is NOT what LaSalle or Elder offered)— and we see what happened... it looks to me like the strength of the offense is/was an accurate, mobile QB (we‘ll see what happens if he doesn’t play these coming weeks) and the receivers— I haven’t seen the line doing what it takes (so far) in short yardage situitions.
With or without QB #1, X needs to be able to beat a Moe team that is probably as far down as they have been— If East Central can beat them...
The O-line is good... young, but good. Unfortunately, Cov's scheme is pass first, using quick reads by the QB to get the ball out. What has given the line trouble are quicker defenders (CHS being a good example), or longer developing plays. They also seem to run to the edges with zone reads as opposed to inside gap runs, where the size of the offensive line can be a better advantage. With the pass first scheme, you also don't get the effect of the defensive line getting tired because they have been pushed on the entire game, and those 2-3 yard gains become 5-7 yard gains.

I just wish they would stop running the wide receiver screen. That play has not been effective for 2 years now, and they try to run it 5 times a game, gaining 3-4 yards at most.

-Correct, Moe has no home games this year, tough to lease other school's facilities due to Covid.
-Note more screens called this week due to 3rd string QB in, giving him one read and short pass. I suspect with his lack of work prior to this game much of Cov's playbook was not available after Brogran went down.
-Agree on the line play, pass blocking has been very good, run not so much. It is all zone/stretch blocking 90% of the time, like the Broncos did with Terrell Davis. Get a hat on every defender at the point of attack and the back reads the lane and cuts thru open gap. Problem is way to much penetatration the technique seems to be to catch the defender instead of initiating the blow. I get the finesse aspect of the play philosophy, I don't get the lack of power in that attack as you still need some of the old Woody Hayes/Bo Schembechler firing out and knock the guy back, even if it is a finesse play. That finesse also requires no penetration and it seems like there is penetration on each run, effectively breaking the chain.

The O-line is good... young, but good. Unfortunately, Cov's scheme is pass first, using quick reads by the QB to get the ball out. What has given the line trouble are quicker defenders (CHS being a good example), or longer developing plays. They also seem to run to the edges with zone reads as opposed to inside gap runs, where the size of the offensive line can be a better advantage. With the pass first scheme, you also don't get the effect of the defensive line getting tired because they have been pushed on the entire game, and those 2-3 yard gains become 5-7 yard gains.

I just wish they would stop running the wide receiver screen. That play has not been effective for 2 years now, and they try to run it 5 times a game, gaining 3-4 yards at most.
Amen, Brother— talk about a high-risk, low-reward play— I don’t remember that being a good play for X since about, oh, Danny Milligan (funny how many things you can say that about, with X football)...

Remembering Woody Hayes saying “There are 3 things that can happen when you pass— and two of ‘em are bad”— it feels like that changes to: there are 6 things that can happen when you throw that wide receiver screen (incompletion, backward pass for fumble, interception, interception for TD return, completion for short or no gain, completion for big gain)— and 5 of ‘em are bad... it’s taking all kinds of risks on a play that is difficult to execute under the best of circumstances— for a payoff that is rarely ever substantial— why we go back to it several times a game, if it’s not successful against an opponent on the first attempt, is a mystery...

What happened to Reload?? Is he in trouble, suspended, on IR, or a secret Tom Bolden fan and now following Lakota West?

What happened to Reload?? Is he in trouble, suspended, on IR, or a secret Tom Bolden fan and now following Lakota West?
It seems his absence came shortly on the heels of his Week 2 LaSalle Thread. My guess is that someone complained to management.

It seems his absence came shortly on the heels of his Week 2 LaSalle Thread. My guess is that someone complained to management.
That’s my bet, too—he apparently posted something that basically alleged, implied, or just flat out directly stated that ALL of LaSalle’s players were receiving financial aid of dubious provenance (i.e.- State vouchers=athletic scholarships)— immediately after that, hIs presence became scarce in these here parts... I’m betting he’s been given either a temporary or (less likely) permanent suspension from the Land of Yappi by the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz (The Big Yappi himself)...

ReJect, if you are out there, just change your screen name to "Go Big Moe" or GBM for short. You can continue to post on the X thread but at least we will know who you are. GBM :)

Haven't you dudes figured our Reload and 4GX are the same guy?
Heh! I’d say “good one”— if I hadn’t heard it before— like over and over, 10 years ago— I go years without posting, he posts CONSTANTLY (when he‘s not banned)—he thinks X’s football coaches are infallible—I don’t agree—he only talks about football– I wouldn’t be bothered if football had not been played this year (or went away entirely)—yet we’re “the same guy”— why does he use two screen names then, at the same time? You haven’t thought this through much, have you...But then, Moeller...

You don't have to over compensate, it's ok. I'm truly just kidding, like your insight and opinion, this stuff is supposed to be fun. That's why it is fun to watch the Elder guys go bat sh_t crazy on each other over stuff like the future starting left guard on Visi's 5th grade cyo team and if they find a way to offer vouchers.

Expecting a big X win, this yearX has a better team, better systems as c B ompared to new coaching staff. But GCL is always tough, I said the same thing last year and a very close game. Good luck to both, and most important, condolences to the Moe family on the Brian Currin loss.

You don't have to over compensate, it's ok. I'm truly just kidding, like your insight and opinion, this stuff is supposed to be fun. That's why it is fun to watch the Elder guys go bat sh_t crazy on each other over stuff like the future starting left guard on Visi's 5th grade cyo team and if they find a way to offer vouchers.

Expecting a big X win, this year X has a better team, better systems as compared to new coaching staff. But GCL is always tough, I said the same thing last year and a very close game. Good luck to both, and most important, condolences to the Moe family on the Brian Currin loss.
Wait— are you saying that BigLepowski=TraditionNeverGraduates? Did NOT see that one coming...

P.S.- It’s Michael Currin— and it is sounding more and more like that was an accidental death akin to the loss of Matt James at X, a decade ago... none of that makes it palatable— but at least it sounds like it resulted from his own actions (Falling out of the bed of a moving pickup truck that he was hitching a ride in)— and not some random violent act committed against him.

Thanks for the name correction on Michael Currin. Very sad on the facts either way.

On the lighter side, have to fess up, I wasn't smart enough to see that one coming!!!! I'm one that is glad Yappi doesn't ask a contributor to be smart, just to leave comments.

Hearing very discouraging reports on #1 QB—not returning for a month... that would mean (at least) Moeller, Ig, a first round playoff game— and possibly even a 2nd round game (if one is reached)— could X win all of those without him— I’d say yes, possibly— but it presumes a LOT...

Hearing very discouraging reports on #1 QB—not returning for a month... that would mean (at least) Moeller, Ig, a first round playoff game— and possibly even a 2nd round game (if one is reached)— could X win all of those without him— I’d say yes, possibly— but it presumes a LOT...
High ankle sprains can take a minute to heal. The next two games mean nothing. we should draw someone easy in the first round of the playoffs after that we will see a little stiffer competition and hopefully he will be back by that time. I think Nolan may surprise some folks. We will see what he has tonight since he actually got to take some reps in practice this week.

High ankle sprains can take a minute to heal. The next two games mean nothing. we should draw someone easy in the first round of the playoffs after that we will see a little stiffer competition and hopefully he will be back by that time. I think Nolan may surprise some folks. We will see what he has tonight since he actually got to take some reps in practice this week.
I agree — Nolan looked quite decent last week— WITHOUT any real practice in the role— so he could well continue to surprise to the upside... but I think Brogan has looked TERRIFIC— and if you want to win a state title, you probably need him— though, ironically, didn’t a similar such situation play out in another STATE TITLE WINNING SEASON, just recently....???

I agree — Nolan looked quite decent last week— WITHOUT any real practice in the role— so he could well continue to surprise to the upside... but I think Brogan has looked TERRIFIC— and if you want to win a state title, you probably need him— though, ironically, didn’t a similar such situation play out in another STATE TITLE WINNING SEASON, just recently....???
Yep sure did. Klare went down week 1 is he out for the season or will he be back in 6 weeks.

High ankle sprains are tricky, they heal when they want. Should be a first round playoff bye im hearing, which would help. Not too worried about Nolan now that he has reps

Yep sure did. Klare went down week 1 is he out for the season or will he be back in 6 weeks.
Don’t know— but you gotta figure that a broken collarbone will not allow an easy return to any kind of throwing, even when it heals— he’s going to be very sore for quite a while...

I don‘t think you want to try to compete for a championship with less than your #1 choice at QB— if you have any choice in the matter. I only remember the Miami Dolphins pulling that off (with Earl Morrall)... unless Ben Roethlisberger taking over from a (miserable) Tommy M(addox?) constitutes a #2 QB— but that hardly reflected the situation, after he got in there.

Don’t know— but you gotta figure that a broken collarbone will not allow an easy return to any kind of throwing, even when it heals— he’s going to be very sore for quite a while...

I don‘t think you want to try to compete for a championship with less than your #1 choice at QB— if you have any choice in the matter. I only remember the Miami Dolphins pulling that off (with Earl Morrall)... unless Ben Roethlisberger taking over from a (miserable) Tommy M(addox?) constitutes a #2 QB— but that hardly reflected the situation, after he got in there.
Or Tom Brady, or Jeff Hostetler

Wonder how many times they're going to let Moe throw that deep cross before they decide to cover it? 15? 25? The coaching tonight has been... suspect

Pass defense as usual... and the run game has returned to being ... inconsistent... they have shown no ability to get a yard or two, when needed.