Moeller penalized for recruiting

Should’ve consulted with Massillon on proper techniques in recruiting, wouldn’t have been caught.
Or Lakota West. Bolden is laughing his off at this.

Just curious, would this be allowed of a public school coach attending junior high games for that district's feeder teams?

It is interesting that this is considered a violation but Little Cards Night at a Colerain Football Home Game is considered just fine?!?! I'm not making excuses, the coach who did this was wrong and foolish for not check the rules before sending the email but there does seem to be a double standard between what public schools can do versus what a private school can do with the Little Cards program being a glaring example.

Last edited:
Their A.D should have know better he is a life long Private Catholic guy and should know the rules better than anyone.

Off the hook though if the Asst. Coach went rogue without asking about the rules.

It is interesting that this is considered a violation but Little Cards Night at a Colerain Football Home Game is considered just fine?!?! I'm not making excuses, the coach who did was wrong and foolish for not check the rules before sending the email but there does seem to be a double standard between what public schools can do versus what a private school can do with the Little Cards program being a glaring example.

Really? You can't see the difference?

I'm not one of these beat up on the privates guys. I think the accusations of recruiting is way overblown imo.

However Moeller was actively going into "public" feeder programs to introduce themselves to kids. Come on man, thats wrong anyway you look at it.

Im all for parents sending their kids wherever they see fit, but what they were attempting to do or did was a blatant disregard of the rules.

Colerain inviting the "Little Cards" is EXACTLY how this is supposed to work. Wtf

I'm not one of these beat up on the privates guys. I think the accusations of recruiting is way overblown imo.

However Moeller was actively going into "public" feeder programs to introduce themselves to kids. Come on man, thats wrong anyway you look at it.

Im all for parents sending their kids wherever they see fit, but what they were attempting to do or did was a blatant disregard of the rules.

Colerain inviting the "Little Cards" is EXACTLY how this is supposed to work. Wtf
The WCPO article clearly states the email was sent to CATHOLIC grade school football league members, the GCYL. They did not contact "public" schools or leagues. Either way, it is a violation of the rules. As far as violations go, the offense was penalized with writing an apology letter, so probably not considered a serious offense and as you stated - way overblown.

Its a CATHOLIC Youth League!

Little Cards is not sponsored by the school district. I see they now belong to a league that requires residence within a school district but that has not always been the case. It's an independent litle league football organization seaparate from the schools. At least the league the coach at Moeller contacted was a league that had only Catholic grade school teams. So again, there seems to be a different set of rules.

Last edited:
Its a CATHOLIC Youth League!

I have been told that the complaint included public youth leagues in Sycamore Twp. as well. Regardless its against the rules and going into other Catholic diocese is against the rules as well.

What makes it different for public schools depends on the program. if a middle school student only has one school he can attend in high school, the high school could do this because it isn't recruiting- it's presumed that kid is going to your school anyways.

If a public middle school feeds to multiple public high schools, then this would not be allowed at a public school either.

I have been told that the complaint included public youth leagues in Sycamore Twp. as well. Regardless its against the rules and going into other Catholic diocese is against the rules as well.
Elder is a Sycamore grad so I could see him sending the emails to the Sycamore Youth Programs. First a lack luster season under this "college" coach and now this. It doesn't look to me as if the AD, Mike beck, knows what's going on in the program. I would assume the emails came from Elder unless he told an assistant coach to send them out. Embarrassing to say the least.

More embarrassing, one of the schools apparently it was sent too, St. Susanna's. Anybody know of a fellow GCL coach that has kids that attend or attended St. Susanna's?

It is interesting that this is considered a violation but Little Cards Night at a Colerain Football Home Game is considered just fine?!?! I'm not making excuses, the coach who did this was wrong and foolish for not check the rules before sending the email but there does seem to be a double standard between what public schools can do versus what a private school can do with the Little Cards program being a glaring example.
Lol Bwahaha