Moeller Football

One hand they were a young team last year, on the other hand there was some turmoil in the locker room I heard so they are in a huge mess right now that Mark Elder has to clean up

Was told this morning Elder made a couple of hires:

Although the name escapes me, a young college guy as OC.

Also hired former trinity assistant. - I believe he was at Kentucky State for two years as the OC.

David Wirth- ( former Purcell Marian, Covington Catholic, and Hamilton HC) who also applies for Moeller job, played there and had a short coaching stint there as well.

Also, Drew Nichols- OLB coach from this past staff, will not be returning although he had interviewed with Elder.

That’s all I know, so no former EKU coaches on staff!

Was told this morning Elder made a couple of hires:

Although the name escapes me, a young college guy as OC.

Also hired former trinity assistant. - I believe he was at Kentucky State for two years as the OC.

David Wirth- ( former Purcell Marian, Covington Catholic, and Hamilton HC) who also applies for Moeller job, played there and had a short coaching stint there as well.

Also, Drew Nichols- OLB coach from this past staff, will not be returning although he had interviewed with Elder.

That’s all I know, so no former EKU coaches on staff!

Thanks for the Updates and keep them coming. This guy is the real deal and will have Big Moe back in the hunt quickly. Wirth a huge hire, and an excellent OLine coach, which the program needs badly to in their rebuild. GBM

I had no idea that this school played football?

I was looking at a list of Dayton City schools that are closed for the virus and did not see Wayne. Has Dayton Wayne closed for good or have they merged with another Dayton public school? Come to think of it, it seems like it's been a few years since I read anything positive about the success of any scholastic sport at Wayne. This leads me to believe that they may have closed for good or just merged with Dunbar or Meadowdale. GBM

I was looking at a list of Dayton City schools that are closed for the virus and did not see Wayne. Has Dayton Wayne closed for good or have they merged with another Dayton public school? Come to think of it, it seems like it's been a few years since I read anything positive about the success of any scholastic sport at Wayne. This leads me to believe that they may have closed for good or just merged with Dunbar or Meadowdale. GBM

Wayne is not part of the DPS and NEVER was. Moeller ran from Wayne because they got tired of getting beat by them and did not want to renew. That was a good thing for Wayne as Moeller would of given little L2 points.

Wayne is not part of the DPS and NEVER was. Moeller ran from Wayne because they got tired of getting beat by them and did not want to renew. That was a good thing for Wayne as Moeller would of given little L2 points.

So based on the lack of publicity surrounding Wayne athletic program over the last few years, did they close for good or just merge with another school? As I recall. they were D-1 and a school of that size should have SOME success you would think. Of course we all know that success in individual team sports experience fits and starts such as what is currently happening with Moeller football. Their baseball and basketball programs along with others such as Lacrosse and Volleyball continue to produce state champions. What about Wayne? It appears they have become irrelevant in all boys sports for a few years now. Thus the closing and/or merger inquiry. GBM

When was the last time Moeller scored a point in the playoffs?

I would like to apologize to all Moeller posters, I will refrain from posting on Dayton Wayne effective immediately and keep my comments relative to the thread.

I guess you are out of the loop.... here is a post that I made last year...

We had already bought our season tickets before all the crap started but was not sure if we were going to go to the games this season but we decided to support Cam so we did and we will for one more season. Following the events of this season and what I have heard if things have not changed in 2 years I am done with Wayne HS football and will be going to a game of the week instead....

You can definitely tell by the dwindling attendance how the community feels about what has happened.

Hijacking this thread back.

I heard through the grapevine that Elder was about ready to hire the DC at Roger Bacon, but I haven’t heard much lately. Anyone know anything?