Moeller AD

Are you seriously going to put this out on Yappi? Why don't you call one of your Moe buddies/parent and ask them and get the facts. Trust me you aren't going to get it on here.
Pretty new to this. Thanks for the heads up. I don't know anyone from Moeller as I am just a local fan who has followed their success.

Oh, you are just an average fan that appreciates local high school sports. Well, moe is elite in Ohio which means they can talk crap about all of the piss ant public schools but moe is above such discussions.

Oh, you are just an average fan that appreciates local high school sports. Well, moe is elite in Ohio which means they can talk crap about all of the piss ant public schools but moe is above such discussions.
[/QUO
This obviously is not the place for me. Good luck.

Why can't Moe just come clean? Always sweeping things under the rug . . . not a good look. Other recent examples Moeller student accused a faculty member of sexual abuse (never heard about it on the news after initial report); Student seriously injured in parking lot accident with other students (never heard what happened). Head coach becomes principal to make it easier to recruit players due to OHSAA rules that first contact with school can't be coach. The last one is just an educated guess ;)

Why can't Moe just come clean? Always sweeping things under the rug . . . not a good look. Other recent examples Moeller student accused a faculty member of sexual abuse (never heard about it on the news after initial report); Student seriously injured in parking lot accident with other students (never heard what happened). Head coach becomes principal to make it easier to recruit players due to OHSAA rules that first contact with school can't be coach. The last one is just an educated guess ;)

Quit Crying. You sound so pathetic.

Pretty obvious someone created a "BigMoeFan" account to stir the pot.
Listen, I am a 73 year old lifetime Cincinnati resident who loves high school athletics. You people are crazy! I mean absolutely crazy. I was simply looking for some information. I think it is sad that you are this involved, insecure, and bitter about the success of others. I hope you evolve past this one day.

You guys are all wrong about Kremer. He is an expert at going right to the edge on the rules, but doesn’t break them. His program recruits itself. The Moeller staff recruits the hell out of kids until they enter the 7th grade and then they stop. OHSAA rules do not apply to players beneath the 7th grade. Anybody can do what Moeller does, but other coaches don’t want to work that hard. With transfers, as long as the parents initiate contact a coach can meet with them and promise them anything he wants with respect to playing time, college opportunity, or anything else. Tuition is up to Moeller (or any other private school) as long as it isn’t used as an inducement to get a kid to transfer. Quit complaining about Moeller. They are out working everyone. I got a feeling the new Xavier guy will attack it like Kremer.

Last edited:
You guys are all wrong about Kremer. He is an expert at going right to the edge on the rules, but doesn’t break them. His program recruits itself. The Moeller staff recruits the hell out of kids until they enter the 7th grade and then they stop. OHSAA rules do not apply to players beneath the 7th grade. Anybody can do what Moeller does, but other coaches don’t want to work that hard. With transfers, as long as the parents initiate contact a coach can meet with them and promise them anything he wants with respect to playing time, college opportunity, or anything else. Tuition is up to Moeller (or any other private school) as long as it isn’t used as an inducement to get a kid to transfer. Quit complaining about Moeller. They are out working everyone. I got a feeling the new Xavier guy will attack it like Kremer.

What in this post involves the AD at Moeller being Fired? Moeller recruits a kid for 3 years then just stops? Recruiting 4th graders to Moeller is out working everyone else?

What in this post involves the AD at Moeller being Fired? Moeller recruits a kid for 3 years then just stops? Recruiting 4th graders to Moeller is out working everyone else?
You don’t have to agree with it, or believe it, but that’s how they do it.

No way. X will fire him if becomes too successful. I look for him to leave after his son graduates.

I have no idea about the legality of it, but I assure you that they go hard after 8th graders.

The rules are pretty simple, once a young man makes contact with a GCL school, either via open house, or thru the schools general mailings, or online inquiries, the school is allowed to contact a prospective student and or student-athlete. So Yes, there is personal contact with 8th graders.

If the rules are that schools can contact kids after they make contact first, why do you consider it unethical to do so?

Why is it unethical to be proactive and energetic about wanting kids to come to your school?

If the rules are that schools can contact kids after they make contact first, why do you consider it unethical to do so?

Why is it unethical to be proactive and energetic about wanting kids to come to your school?
Recruit as hard as you can when they're little. Scouting the heck out of 9 year-olds playing AAU.

During that time, or later for newly found prospects:

Moeller: Please reach out (on the sly and no record to be found of course)

Recruit: OK

Moeller: Thanks. Now here's the deal.

Recruit as hard as you can when they're little. Scouting the heck out of 9 year-olds playing AAU.

During that time, or later for newly found prospects:

Moeller: Please reach out (on the sly and no record to be found of course)

Recruit: OK

Moeller: Thanks. Now here's the deal.

And?

So they want kids to come to their school - isn’t that the point of the school existing?

And what kind of stupid rules exists that says you can recruit up to 6th grade but have to stop after that? That makes zero sense.

Or...

“we have to avoid proactive contact for the next 2 years. If you’re excited about the prospects Moeller provides for you, reach out to us”

Is that really unethical? Sounds like good business and marketing to me.

How is it any different than having youth camps and related AAU teams at a young age? So it’s ok for the feeder kids but not for the non feeder kids? That makes no sense too.

And?

So they want kids to come to their school - isn’t that the point of the school existing?

And what kind of stupid rules exists that says you can recruit up to 6th grade but have to stop after that? That makes zero sense.
I don't know. Some organization called the OHSAA that tries to keep things fair? Because public schools can't recruit, unless within their open enrollment zones if they should have one, which most don't. Other than that I can't come up with a single reason why private schools can't recruit and pay players and employ parents for no-work jobs. Not saying they do the pay thing, but your logic opens it up.