Mock Draft

I don't get all of the love for Travon Walker. He had some great measurables at the combine but his play on the field did not justify being considered for the first pick in the draft. Heck, he wasn't even first or second team in the SEC.
There is some reasoning to that though. Although he did play the most snaps of UGAs DL he still shared a DL with 2 other first round picks (and Jalen Carter is probably the best DL on their roster as a true sophomore this past year so let’s call it 3 other 1st rounders) and UGA runs a 3-4, utilizing their LBers as pass rushers (Dean, another likely 1st rounder).

Now the flip side to that argument is Davis, Dean and Wyatt all had great production - why didn’t Walker?

There is some reasoning to that though. Although he did play the most snaps of UGAs DL he still shared a DL with 2 other first round picks (and Jalen Carter is probably the best DL on their roster as a true sophomore this past year so let’s call it 3 other 1st rounders) and UGA runs a 3-4, utilizing their LBers as pass rushers (Dean, another likely 1st rounder).

Now the flip side to that argument is Davis, Dean and Wyatt all had great production - why didn’t Walker?
If I could have someone off of that D it would be Nakobe Dean.

Seeing some reports that the 2023 draft is going to be a stellar one at the top. After an off year in QBs teams will be hungry for new talent at this position so many are saying 4-7 guys could be picked in the 1st round depending how the athletes develop during the course of the year. Outside of the big 2 keep an eye on these names: Will Levis, Tanner McGee, Devin Leary, Tyler VanDyke, and Phil Jurkovec . I also already mentioned Anthony Richards and don't forget about Spencer Rattler if he bounces back at South Carolina.

And then you have Will Anderson as a possible Lawrence Taylor type generational player. Some lousy team with a decent QB could end up with this guy and transform their future over night.