MLB season crazy stats - see Adam Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisRodman

Cooling Off
Adam Dunn's crazy season is the best part. :laugh:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7365950/strange-true-feats-year-regular-season-edition

Did Adam Dunn's season really happen -- I mean, in real life? I've seen the numbers, printed on actual paper, so apparently it did. But really, friends, it ought to be impossible to do all this:

• On his road to hitting a mind-rattling .159, this guy had more trips to the plate when he DIDN'T put a ball in play (256) than trips when he did (240)

• He had 52 multi-strikeout games but only 12 multi-hit games. Seriously.

• He got six hits all season -- six -- against left-handed pitchers (in 94 at-bats). Just for comparison's sake, Adrian Gonzalez (who also bats left-handed, last time we looked) got six hits off left-handed pitchers in one SERIES (June 20-22 against the Cubs).

• Other than May, when the Dunner hit a not exactly Ty Cobb-esque .204, he never had a batting average higher than .160 IN ANY MONTH.

• You realize that Dunn went into this season with a higher career slugging percentage (.521) than Gonzalez, Paul Konerko and Troy Tulowitzki (among billions of others), right? You can look that up. He then went out and slugged an incomprehensible .277. That was 50 points worse than Juan Pierre, 63 behind Willie Bloomquist, 69 back of Aaron Miles and 82 lower than Elvis Andrus. You can look that up, too.

• This man had 111 more strikeouts (177) than hits (66). So how many other American Leaguers in history have had 100 more whiffs than hits in a season? That would be nada, obviously.

• And one more thing: If you ignore little technicalities like decimal points, Dunn's batting average (.159) was lower than his strikeout total (177). Other than Mark Reynolds, who pulled that off in 2010, no position player has ever done that in a season where he got more than 40 -- yes, 40 -- plate appearances. And with good reason!

66 hits in the entire season, and only 6 all season against left handed pitchers :laugh:

I'd like to know what Dunn's average was against lefties. No way was it above .020 or so

This one is crazy
• In an Aug. 30 game against the Padres, Andre Ethier did something that ought to be impossible: He got the Dodgers' first AND second hits in the same inning. How'd that happen? It wasn't easy. In between Ethier's hits, those other Dodgers helped make this nugget possible by going walk, strikeout, walk, walk, sacrifice fly, walk, walk, walk.

66 hits in the entire season, and only 6 all season against left handed pitchers :laugh:

I'd like to know what Dunn's average was against lefties. No way was it above .020 or so

Are you kidding me? What I find more amazing than Dunn getting just six hits off lefthanders in 94 at bats, is someone who starts a baseball thread and can't figure out a batting average.

Dude he had six hits in 94 at bats. 6/94=.0638 or officially .064.

Seriously Bra? You couldn't figure that out? :shrug:

Are you kidding me? What I find more amazing than Dunn getting just six hits off lefthanders in 94 at bats, is someone who starts a baseball thread and can't figure out a batting average.

Dude he had six hits in 94 at bats. 6/94=.0638 or officially .064.

Seriously Bra? You couldn't figure that out? :shrug:

:laugh: colgar's mad Sig called him out.

I'm more upset with the education system. How can someone not know how to compute a simple batting average? It is so easy. Six hits in 100 at bats is .060. That can be done in your head or at least most people's head.

It is such basic math. It is so, so simple. :hello:

Last edited:
Spin it whatever way you want to, but you wouldn't have gone looking for a post almost a month old had he not called you out. Go troll somewhere else.

I'm more upset with the education system. How can someone not know how to compute a simple batting average? It is so easy. Six hits in 100 at bats is .060. That can be done in your head or at least most people's heads.

I'm more upset with the education system. How can someone who is a supposed writer have a blog so full of simple grammar and spelling mistakes? It is so easy. That can be done in your head or at least most people's heads. Hell, you can even get the computer to do it for you.

I'm more upset with the education system. How can someone who is a supposed writer have a blog so full of simple grammar and spelling mistakes? It is so easy. That can be done in your head or at least most people's heads. Hell, you can even get the computer to do it for you.

Thanks I will correct that right away. You just gave me an idea. Post everything here first then you guys that don't read my blogs can edit if for me free.

Spin it whatever way you want to, but you wouldn't have gone looking for a post almost a month old had he not called you out. Go troll somewhere else.

:laugh: You're a mind reader now. I happened to run across the post because I was interested in the subject Adam Dunn's numbers.

You're request that I "troll" somewhere else is of course rejected.

:laugh: You're a mind reader now. I happened to run across the post because I was interested in the subject Adam Dunn's numbers.

You're request that I "troll" somewhere else is of course rejected.

I'm the VP of a Fortune 500 Company.

See? I can make up things too.

How am I supposed to Google "Did colgar run against a post by Sig Hansen because was interested in the subject Adam Dunn's numbers?"

Type that in and see what comes up :laugh:

This dweeb is the best thing that happened to my blog. The more he rangs on my blog or about me, the higher it goes on the google search. Not only that but it keeps all of the posts that he resents at the top of the Yappi list.

:laugh: :banana: :D

This dweeb is the best thing that happened to my blog. The more he rangs on my blog or about me, the higher it goes on the google search. Not only that but it keeps all of the posts that he resents at the top of the Yappi list.

:laugh: :banana: :D

Yeah, that's $42 you didn't have before.....you're totally cashing in here dude! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.