Mitchell out at West High

tune89

After one year at Western Hills he’s let go. Pretty surprised but heard a season of yelling.

Ive said the on many sports forum, there is a alarming rate of job openings in Ohio. The OHSAA director Jerry Snodgrass stated on twitter that the number of officials have plummeted as well as coaches resigning.

Thought Mitchell was eventually work out well for West High. When is the last time they were decent?

He doesn't have a job yet. I should have said, he plans on going back to the college level. He is looking. From what I read, he has already talked to 3 or 4 schools, although I do not know how serious the conversations are.

Gonna be alot more difficult without a superstar daughter to tag-team with to the college level--maybe WNBA needs a former college assistant:thumb:

No doubt Comet, he was at OSU for one reason. If he networked well maybe an opportunity will arise. Also, he was in woman's basketball, is that where he wants to go back to?

Gonna be alot more difficult without a superstar daughter to tag-team with to the college level--maybe WNBA needs a former college assistant:thumb:

Sir with all due respect, Mark Mitchell was an outstanding basketball Coach well before he went to Ohio State as an assistant.

Mark Mitchell is a proven top notch basketball coach, nobody can question that. The reason he went to OSU was due to his daughter, that is also fact. He doesn't stay when the girls careers are over. The best time for him to move to another collegiate situation would have been when he was still at OSU. It's a little more difficult now. That being said I hope it works out for him, he is a top level coach.

Sir with all due respect, Mark Mitchell was an outstanding basketball Coach well before he went to Ohio State as an assistant.

I don't disagree with that--great job at Taft--was merely talking about going back to college coaching. He went to OSU because his daughter went to OSU:thumb:

Unfortunate for the students at Western Hills. He had them very competitive this season. They might not agree with his approach however, they knew what they were getting when they hired him. CPS makes stupid decisions when it comes to Coaches. He will land somewhere great for him and his family. Mitchell is an excellent coach.

He was having issues in the classroom as well as on the court. It's a new age and screaming and cussing in either situation will get you canned.

He was suspended for that type of behavior was he not? By mid year everyone knew he would be gone.

I'm a West Hi grad who loves his alma mater (despite her faults), so I have a definite interest in finding out what Coach Mitchell's transgressions were -- if there were any at all.
You keep posting as if you have knowledge of what things occurred, so I must ask you for the 2nd time:
What are these issues? If you know anything, then you would have no trouble being more specific.
Let's hear it.