Minster Girls Win Cross Country District With 'Perfect 15', Ft. Recovery Has Two District Individual Champions

Percidae

Is that more credit to Granville or how bad that District is?
To be honest, it was a quasi-sarcastic response to the original post about Minster getting a perfect 15. It is not all that uncommon with small and weak districts. I would be for the idea of doing away with separate sectional/regional meets and combining them into one set of more numerous regional meets to come up with qualifiers. The end of the season is tough sledding with conference/district/regional/state meets all back to back.

psycho_dad

To be honest, it was a quasi-sarcastic response to the original post about Minster getting a perfect 15. It is not all that uncommon with small and weak districts. I would be for the idea of doing away with separate sectional/regional meets and combining them into one set of more numerous regional meets to come up with qualifiers. The end of the season is tough sledding with conference/district/regional/state meets all back to back.
Is it though? Been the same for as long as I can remember and somehow teams do it. And Minster better than anyone else.

mathking

I like what we have now. If we just had one level of qualifying, going directly to the state meet, a lot fewer kids have a realistic shot at post season accomplishment. For some kids, making one of those last slots at the district meet that qualify to the regional meet is a season goal. For some teams a regional qualification can be a big deal, and maybe a springboard to further success.