Minster @ Adena

My early prediction is

Adena 22
Minster 21

Wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Wildcats win this one. Minster's defense will keep it close and their offense will give them the ability to pull the upset. The question is will they?

Adena- 28
Minster-14

This isn't your typical Minster team unfortunately. Adena seems to be a team of destiny right now until they run into Mechanicsburg.

Adena- 28
Minster-14

This isn't your typical Minster team unfortunately. Adena seems to be a team of destiny right now until they run into Mechanicsburg.
What's Adena's pre 2020 playoff record against MAC teams, if any?

If they've never ran into a MAC team before and eventually lost to Mechanicsburg, Adena could be in a rare space where they can say they are undefeated against MAC teams in playoffs.

If they've never ran into a MAC team before and eventually lost to Mechanicsburg, Adena could be in a rare space where they can say they are undefeated against MAC teams in playoffs.
No idea, I'm not from that area. I'm a MAC guy. Maybe someone more familiar with Adena's tradition could answer that.

No idea, I'm not from that area. I'm a MAC guy. Maybe someone more familiar with Adena's tradition could answer that.
And now we play the waiting game...
tenor.gif

I'm curious to how stout the Minster defense is against the run. I've not saw anything but the WOSN highlights and they are having a down year for their standards. I'm not sure what stock to put into Adena after watching the Parkway game. They seem like a pretty good team, but I'm not sure how to compare them to decent MAC teams. The Parkway game didn't really give a good measure in my opinion as it didn't seem like the Panthers were that interested in competing. I know that I thought Coldwater probably could handle them from seeing the Cavs highlights, but not so sure about Minster. I think this could be a close game that could go either way. Maybe Minster pulls off the upset by a score since I try to support our NW & WC Ohio neighbors.

i would say their win last week was the first they’ve had. I know from the southern ohio area the only team that has went against MAC teams is Wheelersburg. They played Coldwater in D5 a few years back. And possibly Ironton back in the day

Playoff Records vs MAC:
Frankfort Adena (1-0) (Beat Parkway 37-0 in 2020)

Others:
Wheelersburg (0-1) (Lost to Coldwater 36-6 in 2015)
Ironton (0-0)

i would say their win last week was the first they’ve had. I know from the southern ohio area the only team that has went against MAC teams is Wheelersburg. They played Coldwater in D5 a few years back. And possibly Ironton back in the day
I remember a wheelersburg yappster stating how big, strong, fast Wheelersburg was and could win passing or running.

In pregame when I saw their lineman were so big, and immobile, that they could barely jog across the field i knew it wasnt going to much of a game. Want to say it was in Xenia, but i digress.

I saw the 'Burg play Versailles in Cincy, think Princeton's field right there by Sharonville maybe, but that was before they were in the MAC>

I remember a wheelersburg yappster stating how big, strong, fast Wheelersburg was and could win passing or running.

In pregame when I saw their lineman were so big, and immobile, that they could barely jog across the field i knew it wasnt going to much of a game. Want to say it was in Xenia, but i digress.

I saw the 'Burg play Versailles in Cincy, think Princeton's field right there by Sharonville maybe, but that was before they were in the MAC>
with that in mind, what kind of size does Adena have?

with that in mind, what kind of size does Adena have?

Adena has a big, strong, and athletic line on both sides of the ball. Nobody has been able to stop the run or run against them really at all this year(outside the 1st half of the first game).

Adena's only weakness really is their lack of discipline. Too many penalties, and that can kill you in playoff games.

Adena has a big, strong, and athletic line on both sides of the ball. Nobody has been able to stop the run or run against them really at all this year(outside the 1st half of the first game).

Adena's only weakness really is their lack of discipline. Too many penalties, and that can kill you in playoff games.
big and strong like 6'4 250 or 6'0 200? how many boys are in the program......any websites that a person can look up on the team.... know the girls Volleyball team has some HISTORY to it......

WJ traveled to Adena a few years back and handled them pretty easily...........they were pretty big and had some really talented kids, but just were not ready for the offense/defense of WJ. I know they fell off the charts for awhile so it is good to see them back for the past few years.

I gotta go with Minister, but think it will be a close one!!!

Minster 24
Adena 21

That could be what helps Minster move on.
There's been a handful of times where MAC teams have won games against non-conference opponents, in and out of playoffs, because of their discipline alone. You see it all the time in day-after newspaper blurbs "They don't make mistakes, they're like a well oiled machine" or the classic "They're just out there taking care of business" cliche.

big and strong like 6'4 250 or 6'0 200? how many boys are in the program......any websites that a person can look up on the team.... know the girls Volleyball team has some HISTORY to it......

They have about 40 kids in the program. I haven't been able to go to a game this year, so I don't have the program for height and weight, but I'd guess they average around 6'2 225ish.

There's been a handful of times where MAC teams have won games against non-conference opponents, in and out of playoffs, because of their discipline alone. You see it all the time in day-after newspaper blurbs "They don't make mistakes, they're like a well oiled machine" or the classic "They're just out there taking care of business" cliche.

It's definitely an issue. Out of the handful of first downs Parkway got last week, probably half were via penalty or helped by penalty.

Adena got their programs first playoff win last week. I think the Chillicothe paper said they were 0-6 coming into the game. Its hard to gauge how athletic their lines are just due to the fact the SVC is just not good this year outside of Paint Valley. Yes they have good size but until they and even PV play against a quality team (and both will this week) the verdict is out. I think this will be a very good game and if Minster can stop the run game they may be able to win. Hoping Adena cuts down on the penalties and the home field advantage comes through.

Yes that game was in Xenia in 2015. It was 36-6 Coldwater. Outside of that haven’t seen many southern ohio teams play against the MAC

Yes that game was in Xenia in 2015. It was 36-6 Coldwater. Outside of that haven’t seen many southern ohio teams play against the MAC
Amanda is probably the most known from SEO in MAC land. Their great run was in the 90’s and 00’s. Same time as the MAC. Trimble played against a very good Marion Local team for the state title in 13. Ironton was a powerhouse but was bigger than the MAC. Ironton played against schools like SVSM. When crooksville won state I don’t think any MAC teams were good then. That Crooksville team lost two league games but played against big schools.

The Wildcats are stout on defense, and very well coached! Their talent level is way down to where it has been the last 5-6 years but they do still have some athletes, but not huge size. Normally based on what I have seen from Minster and knowing zero about Adena I would still pick Adena based on what I’ve read, but I do believe the MAC is a little stronger than people realize this year so I will pick Minster 28-21.

From what I was able to watch on WTLW last week, some undisciplined plays and turnovers cost a very decent Allen East team the game in the fourth quarter. If this is the case with Adena, Minster will capitalize. However......if what Panterhskin is selling about Nixon and him being inaccurate/turnover prone, then it could go the other way. So I guess I'll give the classic "whoever wins the turnover battle, wins the game".