Minerva @ West Branch

NBC 1988

Is this a game Minerva can keep close and maybe have a chance at the end? Is the 1-3 record at WB a product of a tough schedule, a slow start or are they as good as their record? It sounds like WB had a very good offensive showing against Alliance. It sounds like in order to win, Minerva will have to try an outscore the Warriors in a shootout and I don't see that happening. I hope it's a close and entertaining game and the Lions get a win but I see the score as:

Minerva: 14
West Branch: 42

If we have any hope at all of winning any game, our coaching staff has got to start taking some chances. You're 0 for your last 24, quit sending the dang punt team out on every 4th down. On side kick the ball, go for two after touchdowns, sell out to block kicks........ That's the baseball equivalent of manufacturing some runs when your team is struggling to hit the ball. AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, STOP TRYING TO BE THIS DOMINANT RUN ORIENTED TEAM!!!!

If we have any hope at all of winning any game, our coaching staff has got to start taking some chances. You're 0 for your last 24, quit sending the dang punt team out on every 4th down. On side kick the ball, go for two after touchdowns, sell out to block kicks........ That's the baseball equivalent of manufacturing some runs when your team is struggling to hit the ball. AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, STOP TRYING TO BE THIS DOMINANT RUN ORIENTED TEAM!!!!

All correct King, thought that was bad game planning to play 2 full possessions running. Seems the Offensive scheme could be more complex, more movement on the offense overall and a few fake pumps short then go long. QB under center then move to shot gun calling motion, just examples of what we could do to mix it up a little. I could rant all day about this but bottom line is what the coaches are doing isn't working, they have a FLAT system in place and it shows. We need to get a win and I hope it's starts Friday night.

West branch is not good at all, but they should win this game by a couple scores

Well I can see why someone would think that based on there record, but obviously what you don't know Wb was down 7 starters the first 3 games. All but 2 returned last week and They had alliance beat up till the last 13 sec. Alliance will win the NBC and Wb will be in the running for 2nd. Call me biasised but looking at film Salem is bad and has played know one. Marligton is young and there secondary is very weak .Louisville is not the host to the talent of the past. Alliance should hammer them. Carrollton shows a lot of heart but looses drive in the second half.
:stirthepot:

I seen them in 2 scrimmages as well, just didn't look good at all especially in the lines. I agree Salem isn't as good as their record shows at all either, if they played a game in the playoffs right now bet would get thumped

West branch is not good at all, but they should win this game by a couple scores

If WB can put up 45 points on the board against Alliance my gut says they are fully capable of putting up 45 on Minerva. I would hardly say they are not good at all. Their four opponents combined record is 11-5 and WB put up points in every game. This is a blowout against a struggling Minerva team.

Well I can see why someone would think that based on there record, but obviously what you don't know Wb was down 7 starters the first 3 games. All but 2 returned last week and They had alliance beat up till the last 13 sec. Alliance will win the NBC and Wb will be in the running for 2nd. Call me biasised but looking at film Salem is bad and has played know one. Marligton is young and there secondary is very weak .Louisville is not the host to the talent of the past. Alliance should hammer them. Carrollton shows a lot of heart but looses drive in the second half.

I would hardly call Marlington's secondary weak. They held us under 150 yards passing. Our three top receivers combined had less than 75 yards receiving. Louisville got lucky and made necessary adjustments in our running game which opened a lot of seams. Marlington and Lousville have a lot of youth playing and with that experience is going to equate to good things in the upcoming years for both teams. Louisville will run the table and win the NBC, as usual... Marlington will rule the EBC (cough) next year with the talent they have coming back. From my understanding they will essentially return 8-9 starters on both sides of the ball. That's a recipe for success 333.

Last edited:
Wb got blown out by crestview and lost to beaver local, look deeper into that 11-5 record, alliance played one quality team in Canfield and got blanked, beaver local played schools who are terrible for their 3-1 record, obviously not even in their regions playoff race. If Minerva has any secondary they can win, west branch is weak on the lines and gives up chunks on the ground, and can't run it themselves

The NBC has a lot of parody this year, not really a clear cut favorite. All the teams are down and Alliance is probably the most talented. It's one of those years that 6 of the 8 teams have a chance for the NBC Title. The league will be fun to watch the remainder of the year and just about every game will be meaningful, but there are no teams that have the talent to make a deep run in the playoffs.

I agree King- need to find something that works on offense and stick with it. However, offense is an issue but not the biggest issue- We are down 2-3 TDs every Friday. The defense just cannot stop anyone. I really like what South is doing with their program but lets be realistic, they are not the same caliber as West Branch, Louisville, Alliance and Marlington (I could be wrong and I hope I am - would love to see South #1). I don't know much about Salem and I hope the Lions can compete with Carrollton in week 10. Minerva needs to play perfect and hope other teams make mistakes. It's not beyond the realm of possibility - but a lot of stars have allign in order for them to compete with the 4 teams mentioned above. If WB scores over 40 against Alliance I would think they will get a lot this Friday. Can the Lions compete in a shootout???

Is West Branch the 2nd best team in the NBC? Probably not. But even if we beat Alliance this week we could absolutely get tripped up at West Branch in a few weeks. A really good Louisville team went to Beloit in 2015 and almost got beat. We are not nearly as good as we were 2 years ago. Plus playing on grass always seems to give us problems.

Is West Branch the 2nd best team in the NBC? Probably not. But even if we beat Alliance this week we could absolutely get tripped up at West Branch in a few weeks. A really good Louisville team went to Beloit in 2015 and almost got beat. We are not nearly as good as we were 2 years ago. Plus playing on grass always seems to give us problems.

That 2015 game was a good one. I thought we could of pulled that one off , but our boys were spent. Louisvilles ability to 2 platoon really made the Difference in the last few min.

Is this a game Minerva can keep close and maybe have a chance at the end? Is the 1-3 record at WB a product of a tough schedule, a slow start or are they as good as their record? It sounds like WB had a very good offensive showing against Alliance. It sounds like in order to win, Minerva will have to try an outscore the Warriors in a shootout and I don't see that happening. I hope it's a close and entertaining game and the Lions get a win but I see the score as:

Minerva: 14
West Branch: 42

Wonder what the coaches excuses are for this loss!! WOW!! Everyone is looking at the Freshman team to change this program which is funny to me, have we lost our grit as a program. It’s either natural talent or we’er done I guess! .How about the program needs reinvented and some coaches fired! We won’t win a game with the coaching clowns of Minerva! 0-25,Again, WOW!!