Minerva offense

I've been confused with Minerva s offense. maybe I'm wrong with what these coaches are doing and my thoughts. I've followed these seniors since freshman. what would you do with this group offensively. I've been wanting recruiting tape on 25 and 10 for at least the last 2 years. and for some reason all I see is a bunch younger players. 3 isn't a qb at all 14 freshman rb is ok...32 34 are not. wing t they are not suited for at qb and ol.
I know alot of Minerva people aren't happy with me. trouble maker blah blah I'm not trying to be that at all.im actually wanting these kids to win i actually feel sorry for them 1 and 57 now. I want to see them win. yeh they look good now 4th quarter but alliance jvs are in..all I'm saying is let 10 and 25 get the ball the whole night they at least deserve that.

Unfortunately this program won't even make a scintilla of improvement until the "coach" that runs our offense is shown the door. Year in and year out this guy is continuously given the keys to our football program when he hasn't done a dang thing but run it into the ground. It's incredible how much equity that 2012 season has got him. Mav said it perfectly on another thread, Hundley is head coach by title only.

sad very sad for these seniors that are trying to go to college and get money help by playing football. these coaches are letting freshman get majority of carries and plays while the seniors go in motion. they need gone because they really don't care about these kids and their futures

and I only see 3 players on that team that could possibly get scholarship help by playing football. end of the day thats why you do this. to get that $ help for college. not the NFL. its about getting that education that doesn't cost you 30000 a year. so the 3 kids that I thought could be possibly recruits now are not because they are hidden behind the coaches stupidity

sad very sad for these seniors that are trying to go to college and get money help by playing football. these coaches are letting freshman get majority of carries and plays while the seniors go in motion. they need gone because they really don't care about these kids and their futures
It sure did seem like it they are playing for next year with the seniors pretty much not touching the ball. Alliance has a nice quarterback and some good young players, I don’t see many 7 loss seasons in the future. I still don’t know why you don’t talk about alliance

I've got 2 kids from alliance scholarship money for their future. I'm looking at 3 kids from Minerva that won't get it because they are playing for next year. I've seen that happen for many years. and kids seniors that could possibly get money for college are not noticed. coaches need to understand this and most don't its all about themselves and next year. so whatever you want to think. go for it. I'm all about the handful of kids that have the talent for the next level. and get an education that they can't afford.

my job is to scout this area so don't give your wondering why I don't talk about alliance. I'm trying to help 3 kids for your team get an opportunity for their future. I'm not about the........that comes with you. the thing thats pissed me off for years is coaches that don't know how to help kids. whats going to happen to the underclassmen when they are seniors especially when they are not winning. same thing that happened tonight and pretty much the whole year for your team. anyway you guys got some really poor excuse of coaches that I've seen in awhile. so good luck with them.

If you’re not a D1 player with offers going into your senior year, odds are there won’t be won’t coming at least that’s how mark porter will explain it. Maybe some D2 kids but how are scholarships worked out for D2?

Unfortunately this program won't even make a scintilla of improvement until the "coach" that runs our offense is shown the door. Year in and year out this guy is continuously given the keys to our football program when he hasn't done a dang thing but run it into the ground. It's incredible how much equity that 2012 season has got him. Mav said it perfectly on another thread, Hundley is head coach by title only.

Albert was hired as HC in the early 2000s, fired after 3 years and then hired at Southern Local.

Then Yeagley became HC in ‘05 and hired him back from Southern Local. They brought him back as administrator and OC in the late 00s. He was the OC on those great teams from ‘08-12.

When Yeagley left for Marlington before the ‘11 Dale Soles was promoted from within and Albert remained OC on staff. Soles was only HC 2 yrs and was fired by Spinell.

Then we hired Mike Hall as HC in ‘13 and Albert found his way onto Hall’s staff. He was fired by Mike Hall.

Then Willison was hired as HC in ‘15 and made him OC. He was later fired by Willison.

Now he’s back as OC under Hundley. When this HC job came open I thought they were going to get it right. I have never in my life heard of someone get fired from a job 3 times. You could argue he’s been fired 4 times because Spinell fired Soles after the ‘12 season and Albert was on that staff.

I don’t doubt Hundley is a good coach. But I don’t think anyone was aware when they hired Hundley that him and Albert have been friends since college. In other words nothing changed. This is all the Albert and Hundley show. There are good coaches in those buildings and in the community who either lost interest or were chased off. After all these years there is a lot of blame to go around but Alex Albert is right at the center of all of it.

Last edited:
If you’re not a D1 player with offers going into your senior year, odds are there won’t be won’t coming at least that’s how mark porter will explain it. Maybe some D2 kids but how are scholarships worked out for D2?
I would say probably half the d1-aa offers come after senior year or during for fringe d1/d2 guys. D2 they give you an offer without telling you how much until you apply for financial aid and then see how much football money you can get from said school, at least that’s how it worked when my nephew went through the recruiting process who know plays at Duquesne.

In my honest opinion, you answered your question.
You said they were 1-59. So what have the seniors you mentioned done for the program?
I've never seen them play 1 snap. However, if there are 3 college level players on one team, they would not be 1-59.
The coach has every right to get the next groups ready. Obviously, that group hasn't got it done in 4 years.
And you say... college money, isn't that why kids play....
Not even close. My kids play, because they enjoy it

You said they were 1-59. So what have the seniors you mentioned done for the program?
I've never seen them play 1 snap. However, if there are 3 college level players on one team, they would not be 1-59.
The coach has every right to get the next groups ready. Obviously, that group hasn't got it done in 4 years.
I agree with you, I know the Minerva kids well and watched them for years. In my opinion the Lions have 2 seniors that can play at the next level. Burress is 6’2” 295 lbs and the stark county wrestler of the year, he had a good chance to win the D2 heavyweight title had the coronavirus not hit us. He could be the strongest kid in the area. He can play at the next level. Common is 5’11” 210 and a good athlete. I don’t think he runs a 4.42 40, more like a 4.6 but still fast for that size .. Burress can likely get a wrestling scholarship and may be able to get a football scholarship at the D2 level but more than likely D3. Common is a very unselfish player and lives in the weight room. He is very versatile and can play any position on both sidea of the ball. I heard that he plans on playing college football at the division 3 level, Not at a D1 or D2 scholarship school. In my opinion there are no other kids that can play on a D3 team let alone D1 or D2. Both of these kids are fun to watch and. despite the lack of success the program has had, play hard and love the game. I hope both kids can play on a successful team in college and most importantly get an education , they are both great kids.

Last edited:
Aviator, I'm real confused about what your job actually is. I'm 100% certain you're not an Alliance guy, that much is clear, but the second half of your alter-ego I can't understand. You're a recruiter? For who? And why would you be watching a team weekly that has won a single game in half a decade if that were the case? My guess, you're a disgruntled parent trying to stir up some controversy and get a coach fired. Just don't know why you have to pretend you're someone else to do that, the on field product should be all the ammo you need to get that ball rolling

Aviator, I'm real confused about what your job actually is. I'm 100% certain you're not an Alliance guy, that much is clear, but the second half of your alter-ego I can't understand. You're a recruiter? For who? And why would you be watching a team weekly that has won a single game in half a decade if that were the case? My guess, you're a disgruntled parent trying to stir up some controversy and get a coach fired. Just don't know why you have to pretend you're someone else to do that, the on field product should be all the ammo you need to get that ball rolling
Al

Shoot Nation, this guy “alliance aviator” is clueless about recruiting in 2020. I am guessing that he is not from alliance but I am certain he is not a disgruntled parent. If he were a parent he would know how the recruiting process works and how ridiculous his claims are. I talked to a parent and all you do is create hudl highlights and send them to d3 schools via twitter, school site, etc.., if a coach likes what they see they call see how your grades are; they sell their academics first and football 2nd.It’s not some jerk claiming he gets kids recruited on sports forum site. If a kid is 6’ 215 and runs a 4.4 40 and can play football, he would already have been recruited before his senior year, as long as his grades are good, The last time Minerva had 3 scholarship players (Kent, Air Force and Tiffin) was in 2011 and we went 11-1. I said it in and earlier post, Minerva has 2 kids that can probably play at The D3 level as they further their education. Of course any kid that loves football can go to a d3 school and join the team. I actually talked to a parent about his sons future and the recruitment process. There are no Clint Eastwood characters from Trouble with the Curve out there. This poster is a joke- probably and old ex-coach just stirring up trouble! But I highly doubt that he is a parent because if he were he would know that his “job” does not exist.

Last edited: