Minerva Lions take 2 - 2019 Coaching Staff

NBC 1988

I closed the previous Minerva thread due to being out of town and visiting family over the last week. Now that Coach Hundley is selected I wonder if anyone knows of any coaches he has picked yet?

I heard the Alex Albert will be back on as the offensive coordinator. Anyone hear anything else?

Last edited:

From all the talk I've seen on here lately Minerva better reach out to the Alliance staff and grab the unkridge boy while he is still available

From all the talk I've seen on here lately Minerva better reach out to the Alliance staff and grab the unkridge boy while he is still available

it's been kind of quiet as far as picking the staff. I am sure coach Hundley will start to build his staff very soon, if he hasn't picked some already.. With what Alliance has done the last few years, especially in 2018, I would think they have a lot of sought after coaches.

If the new Head Coach is looking for some quality assistants he may want to reach out to some of the assistants from Louisville.

it's been kind of quiet as far as picking the staff. I am sure coach Hundley will start to build his staff very soon, if he hasn't picked some already.. With what Alliance has done the last few years, especially in 2018, I would think they have a lot of sought after coaches.

Any word on if Marty Cvelbar will be retained?

If the new Head Coach is looking for some quality assistants he may want to reach out to some of the assistants from Louisville.

That's an interesting thought. I wonder it the new Louisville coach will retain some of those assistant

Has anyone heard anything on a Week 1 game yet? Arbiter still shows nothing.
I'm assuming it's still United, as I haven't found anything for them yet, either.

No matter how Minerva feels about Louisville any of the assistant coaches would be an asset to the staff. I think it would serve your new head coach well to at least entertain a conversation with some of these men.

No matter how Minerva feels about Louisville any of the assistant coaches would be an asset to the staff. I think it would serve your new head coach well to at least entertain a conversation with some of these men.
I think if you read most posts by Minerva folks, most have a lot of respect for the Louisville program. I think Minerva would welcome them with open arms.

I talked to a parent of a player who met Coach Hundley at a parent meeting. If first impressions mean anything we will be in pretty good shape. He has plan and is really serious about off season training. It sounds like the program has new life. We still have a long way to go and we have to get win 1 before making bold predictions, but so far so good! There is some talent to work with and hopefully we can be competitive in the EBC. That will be good for all of the EBC teams.

I heard he has 4 assistance in place so far and still interviewing to get the right group.

Any coordinator should be fired after going 0-40

I agree. Giving up over 40 PPG during that 4 year span...Defense needs a complete overhaul.. I don't think many from last year's staff will be on the sidelines. Coach Hundley has a lot of work to do to say the least!! The kids have to learn how to win again.

Interested to see anyone else going or staying. Any word

Not a lot of talk yet Alliance1. I know that 2 from last year's staff are back and Hundley plus 4 on the staff as of a couple of weeks ago. They have a good core of coaches and looking to fill the rest of the staff. I don't see anymore coming back from the old staff.. I don't know what is happening with Alliance's Clebvar but I heard he talked to Hundley.

United= L
Sandy Valley=L
Beaver Local= ?
Canton South=L
West Branch=L
River View=?
Marlington=L
Salem=L
Alliance=L
Carrollton=L

I see 0-50 on the horizon.

It makes me sick to my stomach what Minerva football has become. Makes me sick to my stomach that our former week 10 rival is afraid to play us. Makes me sick to my stomach nobody in the EBC has any balls to play us. Complete Joke

United= L
Sandy Valley=L
Beaver Local= ?
Canton South=L
West Branch=L
River View=?
Marlington=L
Salem=L
Alliance=L
Carrollton=L

I see 0-50 on the horizon.

I really hope you are wrong CaptainA and I really believe the Lions are going to field a much better team in 2019. A new coach and staff, different off season program, a lot of returning starters. However, I completely understand your prediction.. The culture needs changed and that is going to need a lot of work by the coaches and kids. 4 years on losing isn't going to be erased overnight.

It makes me sick to my stomach what Minerva football has become. Makes me sick to my stomach that our former week 10 rival is afraid to play us. Makes me sick to my stomach nobody in the EBC has any balls to play us. Complete Joke

I agree., believe me is makes us even more sick to our stomachs in Minerva. We are hoping the new coach will start bringing back a once proud tradition.

I wish Louisville was still on the schedule. Teams are usually disciplined, very few penalties and very consistent no matter who the coach is. The facility is great, probably the most underrated venue in Stark County. Although you have no class, most Louisville folks do. Marlington has the Marlboro Man and Louisville has the Syrian Leopard- must be twins. Every school has those fans that the are embarrassed of.

It makes me sick to my stomach that you say the EBC teams are afraid to play us but run from the thought of playing in the FED

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: y2h
It makes me sick to my stomach that you say the EBC teams are afraid to play us but run from the thought of playing in the FED

It makes me sick to my stomach that you don’t have a clue and obviously live under a rock. Just look at the enrollment. Sure playing up against in Hoover, Lake, and Green isnt a problem. But throw in Perry, Jackson, Glenoak, and McKinley then you have schools that are 2.5 times the size of us. Every week, we physically couldn’t do it no D3 school unless they are Private could handle that schedule. Last Enrollment count, Alliance technically had more boys and Marlington wasn’t far off.

Whaaaaa.. they're to big. Bigger gates less travel!! The only thing that would be smaller is sound of your chest thumping being NBC Champs.

It makes me sick to my stomach that you don’t have a clue and obviously live under a rock. Just look at the enrollment. Sure playing up against in Hoover, Lake, and Green isnt a problem. But throw in Perry, Jackson, Glenoak, and McKinley then you have schools that are 2.5 times the size of us. Every week, we physically couldn’t do it no D3 school unless they are Private could handle that schedule. Last Enrollment count, Alliance technically had more boys and Marlington wasn’t far off.[/QUOTE

You do have a good point, Louisville would be a bottom half team in just about every sport in the FED just like the 80s before leaving and joining the NBC, they were and still are too small to compete in the FED. I think the best fit, locally at least, for Louisville is the NBC. But that ship has sailed and it's time to move on. But I was not a big fan of the NBC "kicking out" Louisville. The enrollment excuse didn't make sense. as you can see below its a pretty close range. Also WB had a lot of of competitive balance numbers to propel them to DIII. Jackson was at 761.. The NBC was and still is the right fit for Louisville.

Lousiville 337
Alliance: 333
Marlington: 321
Carrollton: 261
West Branch: 252
Salem: 237
Canton South: 236
Minerva: 234

Last edited:
Whaaaaa.. they're to big. Bigger gates less travel!! The only thing that would be smaller is sound of your chest thumping being NBC Champs.

You mean like what we did for 30 years? Several Playoff runs, State runner up in 2007. Our league wasn’t an issue it was the former coaching staff. Paul Farrah had them boys ready to compete.

You mean like what we did for 30 years? Several Playoff runs, State runner up in 2007. Our league wasn’t an issue it was the former coaching staff. Paul Farrah had them boys ready to compete.

Louisville built a great program, especially during the Crislip and Farrah years. Some of my friends from Louisville say their best team was in the mid 90s (94??) and they didn't even make the playoffs. They lost to State Champion West Branch and a close one to Canton McKinley. I don't like a lot of what you write Syrian, but Louisville has a good program and I hope they find success soon. The NBC was the best fit for them and the conference took a hit since they left (yea I know, let me, Mr. 0-40, go back to my corner now!!)