Milford Soccer

barrej

Milford beat Seton last night 2-0. 15-0 For the season. No ties which is amazing. Only three teams have come within one goal of them in 15 contests. Bellbrook at home Saturday night, Loveland away Tuesday. Ranked number 1 in city and state. Ranked number 9 in country.

Milford beat Seton last night 2-0. 15-0 For the season. No ties which is amazing. Only three teams have come within one goal of them in 15 contests. Bellbrook at home Saturday night, Loveland away Tuesday. Ranked number 1 in city and state. Ranked number 9 in country.
Think they can Win the State Championship? Have the had many Games in less than desirable conditions?

I'd say playing at Seton is about as undesirable as it gets..only team to beat Seton at their home pasture this year..in last two seasons only two visiting teams have won on Seton's pasture ..MND and Milford
But good old Charity Lucas is a grass field as well so Milford was hardly a fish out of water playing at Seton.

I stand corrected, I apologize and good on them for playing a solid game on Seton's grass field then! I still don't see them getting out of the region but I guess there's as good a chance as any I'll be wrong on that too!

I stand corrected, I apologize and good on them for playing a solid game on Seton's grass field then! I still don't see them getting out of the region but I guess there's as good a chance as any I'll be wrong on that too!
I'm surprised how easily Seton spanked Centerville.

Agree to some extent, but it's really hard to gauge a lot of teams this year. Seton ties MND 1-1, then loses 5-0 in the next meeting. They also beat St Ursula 4-0, then lose to them 4-2. Injury stretch maybe?

GWOC has some head scratchers as well:
After Creek beats Bellbrook 6-2:
  • Boro beats Creek 3-0 then ties Bellbrook 0-0
  • Miamisburg beats Creek 3-1, but barely edges past Bellbrook 1-0
  • Centerville ties Creek 1-1, then beats Boro 1-0

🤨 Like what?? 🤷‍♂️
Of the top GWOC teams, Miamisburg seems to have the most dynamic attack, while Springboro has the best defense. Centerville is somewhere in between. Will be interesting to see how this postseason plays out! Doubt anyone is stopping Milford.

Agree to some extent, but it's really hard to gauge a lot of teams this year. Seton ties MND 1-1, then loses 5-0 in the next meeting. They also beat St Ursula 4-0, then lose to them 4-2. Injury stretch maybe?

🤨 Like what?? 🤷‍♂️
Of the top GWOC teams, Miamisburg seems to have the most dynamic attack, while Springboro has the best defense. Centerville is somewhere in between. Will be interesting to see how this postseason plays out! Doubt anyone is stopping Milford.
It is crazy.

Miamisburg has a great attack. Meg and Katie are as dangerous individually as anyone, together they are a real handful. Nobody that I can think of has two players over 20 goals each right now like they do. Though we held them scoreless, the only ones to do so this year, I'm not surprised to see them at the top of the GWOC.

Interested to see the Boro/Burg result this week. Some good final games coming up this week.

20+ goals is always impressive no matter how you slice and dice it, but some teams do coach a little differently against the weaker teams. I know it's come up several times over the years about how some teams will pass the ball around to kill clock and let their bench play most of the game. Then there are teams that let their starters score at will and rack up 3+ goals/assists against the Hamiltons and Springfields out there.

Unfortunately not much else to look at when comparing players, but for that reason, I don't put too much stock into individual stats. That's not meant to take away from Katie or Megan, two fantastic players that will play D1, but it's just an observation that shows how different teams take different approaches.

Saturday's games through first playoff game are for bragging rights only. Seeding was already in before game. Do you throw everything you've got against a potential late playoff opponent? Maybe I give these coaches too much credit... 😁
Centerville doesn't like to lose; ever!

🤨 Like what?? 🤷‍♂️
I watched the MND game verse Milford since I live in the area. MND had a goal called back and played with their 2nd string keeper. If MND plays Milford again, I'll give MND the edge.

I watched the MND game verse Milford since I live in the area. MND had a goal called back and played with their 2nd string keeper. If MND plays Milford again, I'll give MND the edge.
It was called back because they were definitely offsides. That is why they scored. The only real score was one of the best goals I have ever seen by Kohl’s. It was a great game and could go either way but MND hasn’t beaten Milford in two years!

MND absolutely destroyed teams last year. This year, it's Milford. Regardless of who you'd give the edge to, it's a slight one at best. Should be fun if these two meet again!

Milford 0
Loveland 0
End of 1st half.

Milford had two solid scoring opportunities during the 1st 15 minutes but couldn't put the ball in on the follow-up.
Milfords #11 went out with 2 minutes left in the half due to a collision with a Loveland player. Was able to walk off the field with no assistance.