Milford - 09

FAVCBBGuru

It appears that Milford might have righted the ship and are finally starting to play ball to their potential. After a rough start, the team is on a 4-game winning streak going into a crucial part of the schedule with league games against Anderson and Glen Este leading up to the Beast of the East tournament this weekend. The team is young and has been prone to costly errors. Their bats have been strong as expected - with McFarland, Wilson, Ohmeis, and Minton leading the charge. Nesterhoff started the year slowly battling an illness, but has come around of late hitting 3 home runs last weekend. Milford's pitching has been their weakness, with Nesterhoff as the only starter with experience. (McFarland hasn't been able to get on the mound with a sore shoulder). However, they seemed to have found a clear #2 in Nick Hittner, the tall lefty sophomore, giving them very quality starts in each of his four appearances. (He's got the best curve ball in the league this side of GE's Marksbury). The freshman, Trevor Hoffman has also been solid on the mound too. AJ Wilson is their only shut-down reliever. Coach Kilgore seems to have made a recent youth movement, giving two more sophomores, Chris Ticherich and Ryan Houser, starts in recent games. With sophomores Louis Bruck and Kevin Chafin earning lots of innings as well, Kilgore should be in great shape for next year. If the pitching can hold up the rest of the year, Milford could still win the FAVC.

Last edited:

McFarland will be pitching next week, sir. And if i may ask, are you any relation to The Nicholas Hittner? You also might want to brush up on your knowledge on the pitching staff, sir. Milford also has Westley Minton and Zach Ertel who both come out of the bullpen.

Last edited:
McFarland will be pitching next week, sir. And if i may ask, are you any relation to The Nicholas Hittner? You also might want to brush up on your knowledge on the pitching staff, sir. Milford also has Westley Minton and Zach Ertel who both come out of the bullpen.

No relation to anyone in the program. My kids graduated a long time ago. Just a fan of Milford sports. I like to see who the up and comers are and watch them develop as they progress thru the program. I'm glad to hear about McFarland. I heard his shoulder was okay, so I assumed he would get back into the rotation as soon as he was cleared. Minton is a hard thrower, but he needs to develop something off-speed to complement his fast ball. The really good hitters have not had a problem hitting his fastball. Ertel has been a very nice surprise on the mound this year. The one time I saw him pitch, he kept the hitters guessing.

I didn't get to see Milford play this week, but I understand Nesterhoff and their Sophomore & Freshman pitchers struggled against Anderson & Glen Este. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Milford's hitting is not their problem. They can score runs with the best of 'em. But they will only go as far as their pitching and fielding dictate....and so far, they've had a hard time getting consistent play from both. Let's hope that changes before the playoffs.

No relation to anyone in the program. My kids graduated a long time ago. Just a fan of Milford sports. I like to see who the up and comers are and watch them develop as they progress thru the program. I'm glad to hear about McFarland. I heard his shoulder was okay, so I assumed he would get back into the rotation as soon as he was cleared. Minton is a hard thrower, but he needs to develop something off-speed to complement his fast ball. The really good hitters have not had a problem hitting his fastball. Ertel has been a very nice surprise on the mound this year. The one time I saw him pitch, he kept the hitters guessing.

I didn't get to see Milford play this week, but I understand Nesterhoff and their Sophomore & Freshman pitchers struggled against Anderson & Glen Este. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Milford's hitting is not their problem. They can score runs with the best of 'em. But they will only go as far as their pitching and fielding dictate....and so far, they've had a hard time getting consistent play from both. Let's hope that changes before the playoffs.

Did Nesterhoff pitch in the 2nd game against Glen Este? I don't think he struggled in the 1st game. It was an extra-inning 3-2 game.