Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Who Wins The MAC in 2023?

• Total voters
Drew's mind might say lets keep playing but, his Body might say please dont do this to me? Kid has D1 talent, but the injuries scare the heck out of me. Big picture? Do you want to walk when you are 40?

What schools could be having a coaching change other than Parkway? People keep saying Chris Sommers resigned because he knows he is taking a MAC job but I see no opening. Are there some stable coaches looking?

What schools could be having a coaching change other than Parkway? People keep saying Chris Sommers resigned because he knows he is taking a MAC job but I see no opening. Are there some stable coaches looking?
People always seem to think they know things that aren’t at all true. I don’t think Sommers will be head coaching anywhere next year. We’ll see though 🤷🏼‍♂️

Drew's mind might say lets keep playing but, his Body might say please dont do this to me? Kid has D1 talent, but the injuries scare the heck out of me. Big picture? Do you want to walk when you are 40?
You are young only once and there is an old saying youth is wasted on the young. In other words, physically you can do stuff at the age the age of 18 you can't do at 40 unless you are Tom Brady. Live life to your fullest and don't live thinking what might have been.

Last edited:
where is this coming from, time for people who say they know what is going on , to come out and say WHAT is happening..

Yep I'm just hoping this doesn't become a yearly thing like it was when Henkle took over 4 years ago. Honestly though I think it was for the best.
This always seems to start an argument but is it time for Parkway to move to a league with easier competition. I don't care about the charter member stuff, that was how long ago. It's not working for them

Don't know if Meier will elect to have surgery done or not?
As for Seitz, I Think he is capable of playing D-1. Here is a highlight of his sophomore year: https://www.hudl.com/profile/10619152

That player he chucked to the ground (vs Versailles) is now playing on Saturdays. Seitz is one of the most talented football players Marion Local has had.
Just thinking about the age of those two boys, boy from Versailles just finished his freshman year of football and he is still just 18 years old. So both boys are probable same age.

We all know the true question is if they want to create a football culture. I'm not so sure that they do.
In my 6 years running MAC track and CC, Parkway never entered the conversation when considering team competition. They've had some great individual athletes through the years, but they have no chance of being champions as a team- and haven't been in those sports- at least not since the Reagan administration.

I think the discussion boils down to-
1. Does every team need to be competitive in every sport
2. Does every team need to be competing for conference championships in atleast 1 sport

If your answer to either of those is yes, then Parkway may want to leave from your POV

In my 6 years running MAC track and CC, Parkway never entered the conversation when considering team competition. They've had some great individual athletes through the years, but they have no chance of being champions as a team- and haven't been in those sports- at least not since the Reagan administration.

I think the discussion boils down to-
1. Does every team need to be competitive in every sport
2. Does every team need to be competing for conference championships in atleast 1 sport

If your answer to either of those is yes, then Parkway may want to leave from your POV
Since 2000 Parkway has won MAC championships in 2 sports baseball (2000) and softball multiple times with the last being in 2017. DSJ's last MAC championship 2013 boys' basketball. These are from the MAC website not sure how accurate or updated the website is.

Last edited:
Since 2000 Parkway has won MAC championships in 2 sports baseball (2000) and softball multiple times with the last being in 2017. DSJ's last MAC championship 2013 boys' basketball. These are from the MAC website not sure how accurate or updated the website is.
Those are the only sports they really care about. It's baseball/softball and then maybe basketball/volleyball as a 2nd.

Baseball, softball, volleyball. Girls basketball team has a chance to win the league this year. Track and field teams are always competitive.
Girls bball yes, the rest no. Finished last in softball last season, 9th in baseball won just one league game and finished at the bottom of the MAC in track.

Girls bball yes, the rest no. Finished last in softball last season, 9th in baseball won just one league game and finished at the bottom of the MAC in track.
See, I almost edited this post to add: "and whatever idiot is gonna quote last season's standings, you're dumb."

You know who has more MAC championships in softball than Parkway? No one, by a long shot. Parkway is 3rd in MAC championships all-time behind one of if not the most storied baseball programs in the state, and St. Henry who has been a power for 30 years. Volleyball team has two state championships and is competitive every year. Sure they went 4-5 in the league this year, but played right with everyone they lost to.

Quoting one year standings for "WHAT ELSE DO THEY COMPETE IN YEAR AFTER YEAR" is so incredibly dumb.

A gentlemen's agreement to trade New Knoxville to the SCAL for Fort Loramie. Both schools/communities fit way better in the others conference.
I worry about Nee Knoxville’s future. I know a school is waaaay more than sports, but NK is losing long-time families that are staying/building in NK but choosing to send their kids to New Bremen. A school that small losing its core people is going to have a hard time remaining independent.

I worry about Nee Knoxville’s future. I know a school is waaaay more than sports, but NK is losing long-time families that are staying/building in NK but choosing to send their kids to New Bremen. A school that small losing its core people is going to have a hard time remaining independent.
I'm not questioning you, because I didn't know the answer and looked it up.

According to the 2020 census, New Knoxville is as big as its ever been, in village population. I have no doubt they are losing kids to other schools, but I wonder how much of that has to do with the age of the school.

Obviously, building a new school for a district that might not exist in 25 years would be a bad use of money, but I do wonder how much that factors into the decision for parents to send their kids to New Bremen, Botkins, St. Marys, etc...I can't imagine there's that much more opportunity at a school like Bremen or Botkins to send your kids there rather than New Knoxville.

See, I almost edited this post to add: "and whatever idiot is gonna quote last season's standings, you're dumb."

You know who has more MAC championships in softball than Parkway? No one, by a long shot. Parkway is 3rd in MAC championships all-time behind one of if not the most storied baseball programs in the state, and St. Henry who has been a power for 30 years. Volleyball team has two state championships and is competitive every year. Sure they went 4-5 in the league this year, but played right with everyone they lost to.

Quoting one year standings for "WHAT ELSE DO THEY COMPETE IN YEAR AFTER YEAR" is so incredibly dumb.
Just stating facts and since 2000 Parkway has not been very competitive in most MAC sports. I guess you can argue what competitive is but winning MAC Championships in just 2 sports in the last 22 years is not very competitive but go back to your name calling.

Just stating facts and since 2000 Parkway has not been very competitive in most MAC sports. I guess you can argue what competitive is but winning MAC Championships in just 2 sports in the last 22 years is not very competitive but go back to your name calling.
I will. Your argument is dumb. You can win not win MAC titles and still be competitive.

By your logic, because New Bremen football hasn't been competitive in the MAC because they've only won one MAC championship ever. Disregard they've won 2 state championships in the last 3 years, but they finished tied for 3rd this year, 5th last year, and 3rd in 2020, 5th in 2019, and 6th in 2018. Not competitive, according to your metrics.