Midwest Athletic Conference 2022

VTJGball

lot of that is true, but i think alot has to do with no major newspapers cover the MAC anymore....Lima doesn't anymore, Dayton hasn't done it for years..... not sur ethe Standard has any pull.
You mean to tell me that all of you are not reading the Versailles Policy every Wednesday?

2. MAC stats are harder to find. Some leagues have full transparency in finding stats on their league sites. Personally, I like how the MAC doenst have a real easy stat page...i always thought some of those leagues give free scouting reports to opponents with everything they openly provide.
i've always thought this was kind of horsebleep. if you cant stop the run or johnny can't hit a free throw, the opposing coach ain't figuring that out because he saw your stats on the league website.

BirdDog10

i've always thought this was kind of horsebleep. if you cant stop the run or johnny can't hit a free throw, the opposing coach ain't figuring that out because he saw your stats on the league website.
The district and state honors aren't voted on by coaches though, they're voted on by media. Media see public stats and newspaper articles

Thavoice

lot of that is true, but i think alot has to do with no major newspapers cover the MAC anymore....Lima doesn't anymore, Dayton hasn't done it for years..... not sur ethe Standard has any pull.
Razz always pushed for MAC players, but nowadays with the lack of easily read
I think so.
How else do you know whom is a bad shot? You can watch film and scout, but what if they dont play/shoot much or particularly play well that day?

The district and state honors aren't voted on by coaches though, they're voted on by media. Media see public stats and newspaper articles
i don't mean about the honors, I mean about the "you're giving a free scouting report to your opponent" comment.
How else do you know whom is a bad shot? You can watch film and scout, but what if they dont play/shoot much or particularly play well that day?
they have access, one way or another, to damn near every second of the opposing team's video now. they aren't finding out this info from stats on the conference website.

PantherSkin

As far as MACsters sometimes getting the short end of the stick on all district and state teams......
I have a few ideas:

1. Not many players up eye popping numbers due to a few factors: Competition, a lot of talent on their teams to spread it around and coaches being good sports and not running it up with 1st teamers when the game is in hand. Also, they know if they outmatch an opponant big time they dont necessarily feed their stud non stop to pump up numbers. How often do we see MAC player with UNREAL numbers in comparision to some other conferences?

2. MAC stats are harder to find. Some leagues have full transparency in finding stats on their league sites. Personally, I like how the MAC doenst have a real easy stat page...i always thought some of those leagues give free scouting reports to opponents with everything they openly provide.

Also..........I think the fans care more and debate these awards more than what the kids care about. In the MAC, a State Title is a real possibility so individual accolades go by the wayside. Humble brag here....I couldnt tell you where, or if I even have, my all league plaque from back in the day. That stone tablet may be lost forever!
I once told my son he made 1st team all northwest district- he said ‘cool, what’s that?’

Thavoice

i don't mean about the honors, I mean about the "you're giving a free scouting report to your opponent" comment.

they have access, one way or another, to damn near every second of the opposing team's video now. they aren't finding out this info from stats on the conference website.
Watch hours and hours of game film, against terrible teams, and/or some film and stats?
Both paint a picture

Stirred not Shaken

To be honest I haven't heard Seitz's name hardly at all in the news or highlights since the preseason. Darren Meier was the top LB, followed by Koch and Schafer of Grove (Schafer was last year's player of the year in the district as a junior) so IMO they got the top 3 right. After that it gets debatae.
We will see if they play each other. Grove had 4 players make 1st team ALL District on defense yet gave up over 20 pts. in 3 games, ML avg. 3 pts a game defensively and 9 shutouts now maybe Grove has a stronger SOS. Players on ML's defense don't put up huge numbers because they are out of the game early in the 3rd. qtr. plus hard to rack up tackles when your defense has a lot of 3 and outs except vs Versailles. Drew Seitz is one of ML's best players on one of the best defenses in the area.

Stirred not Shaken

As far as MACsters sometimes getting the short end of the stick on all district and state teams......
I have a few ideas:

1. Not many players up eye popping numbers due to a few factors: Competition, a lot of talent on their teams to spread it around and coaches being good sports and not running it up with 1st teamers when the game is in hand. Also, they know if they outmatch an opponant big time they dont necessarily feed their stud non stop to pump up numbers. How often do we see MAC player with UNREAL numbers in comparision to some other conferences?

Also..........I think the fans care more and debate these awards more than what the kids care about. In the MAC, a State Title is a real possibility so individual accolades go by the wayside. Humble brag here....I couldnt tell you where, or if I even have, my all league plaque from back in the day. That stone tablet may be lost forever!
Parents do....They had pickleball back when you were in school?

bigkat

We will see if they play each other. Grove had 4 players make 1st team ALL District on defense yet gave up over 20 pts. in 3 games, ML avg. 3 pts a game defensively and 9 shutouts now maybe Grove has a stronger SOS. Players on ML's defense don't put up huge numbers because they are out of the game early in the 3rd. qtr. plus hard to rack up tackles when your defense has a lot of 3 and outs except vs Versailles. Drew Seitz is one of ML's best players on one of the best defenses in the area.
i think the only thing that would make you happy is if the Steiners 1st team D would ALL be selected 1st team ALL State, and since their subs played a lot, that their 2nd teamers would ALL be on the 2nd team........just stop it, you are embarrassing yourself

Stirred not Shaken

i think the only thing that would make you happy is if the Steiners 1st team D would ALL be selected 1st team ALL State, and since their subs played a lot, that their 2nd teamers would ALL be on the 2nd team........just stop it, you are embarrassing yourself
I don't embarrass easily or do i care esp. on yappi. I am just responding to what bird dog posted am I do not allow besides it is Friday being from Minster shouldn't you be counting your money.

bigkat

I don't embarrass easily or do i care esp. on yappi. I am just responding to what bird dog posted am I do not allow besides it is Friday being from Minster shouldn't you be counting your money.
counting the money??? have you taken a drive around Steinerville lately? there is a reason that you need 5 acres to build a house in the country, otherwise the Steiners couldn't fit their houses on the lots.....

State2013-1

counting the money??? have you taken a drive around Steinerville lately? there is a reason that you need 5 acres to build a house in the country, otherwise the Steiners couldn't fit their houses on the lots.....
That's why you find land on the other side of the county line. Auglaize county is way less restrictive on land being used on new builds. I personally don't see the appeal in paying 65k for a quarter acre lot in Marion Acres but I guess if you can afford it 🤷‍♂️

while we're talking about mac schools being richer than i am...some of the houses on the north side of knoxville are outrageous. my goodness. those people sure do know the way.

DaSub

In the context of this conversation, I agree.

Can I just say how ridiculously important this is for track though? Some coaches only try a kid in an event once or twice during the year, and that might be in a b-team relay at a dual meet. Piecing together what your postseason opponents relays will look like can take real data analysis, but it is also very valuable. If Versailles has a 4x4 that can run low 3:20s just put in your studs in a different event they can win. Those few points can make a real difference. If your district has a loaded 4x2 field, maybe try 4x4, etc.

Captain_Cavman

Drive down 716 from Chickasaw to Osgood. 😉