Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word on the street is a wrestler said practice was like a concentration camp, and the coach did a Nazi salute and marched up and down the mat with the high leg kick, etc...a parent was upset, brought it to the school's attention. School lawyer said get rid of them, so that's what the Superintendent suggested. Board member quit because "it's PC culture run amuck!". Dumb situation all around.
That's a pretty stupid thing to get upset about. It's doubtful the kid even knows what a Nazo salute and goose step is. Did anyone else corroborate the story? It seems it would be pretty easy to verify. If not, it sounds like a wrongful termination suit as well as slander.

Massive news out of the MAC and Minster this morning. Awesome for Coach Stokes! Huge step up for him.
Good for Coach Stokes! I’ve said this many times before, but we up north have immense respect for the tradition and continuity of MAC Football. I personally admired Coach Stokes’ work from afar. That state title victory & postseason run in 2014 did wonders for the program and I give Minster all the credit in the world for that win.
While they lose a great leader in Stokes, I look forward to seeing who replaces him. I would consider Minster to be one of the more attractive jobs available in the state.

That's a pretty stupid thing to get upset about. It's doubtful the kid even knows what a Nazo salute and goose step is. Did anyone else corroborate the story? It seems it would be pretty easy to verify. If not, it sounds like a wrongful termination suit as well as slander.

I’d like to think they wouldn’t have taken the action they did without corroboration, but I doubt anyone would sue over a supplemental position.

As for stupid, if the story is correct I’d say that word is better placed on the coach.

I’d like to think they wouldn’t have taken the action they did without corroboration, but I doubt anyone would sue over a supplemental position.

As for stupid, if the story is correct I’d say that word is better placed on the coach.
Is it just one coach? Why were 2 re-assigned? Things just don't add up in the story. I think there is more we aren't hearing. I had joined the FB group last year to track and to see if they would put youth info I could pass on to my cousin for his kids. Probably before this time frame of the DS article mentions or at that time frame, the group became parents only. I was still able to see posts, just not interact. Then last weekend I notice the group was nowhere to be found and then this comes out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the coaches wives the Mayor of Rockford? I can see politics coming to play inside the school based on the disdain members of different communities making up the district have for each other, let alone just inside the Rockford city limits.

Is it just one coach? Why were 2 re-assigned? Things just don't add up in the story. I think there is more we aren't hearing. I had joined the FB group last year to track and to see if they would put youth info I could pass on to my cousin for his kids. Probably before this time frame of the DS article mentions or at that time frame, the group became parents only. I was still able to see posts, just not interact. Then last weekend I notice the group was nowhere to be found and then this comes out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the coaches wives the Mayor of Rockford? I can see politics coming to play inside the school based on the disdain members of different communities making up the district have for each other, let alone just inside the Rockford city limits.
I don’t know any details and have no stance on Parkway schools. If they think they have grounds to get rid of a coach, it’s well within their duties to do it. As for this being covered up? Schools will NOT provide any details that they don’t have to. This is prudent management.

I don’t understand the ‘reassigned’ part. How do you reassign someone in a supplemental position? You don’t make him a janitor or a swim coach. That part makes no sense to me and should be clarified by the super.

If the coach actually did it.

Two coaches get "reassigned" for the actions of one? That doesn't add up.

The head coach claims the kid is lying. A fellow wrestler claims it is a lie.

I've seen administrators act on hearsay plenty of times so I'm not about to assume they actually have corroborating evidence. The head coach and a fellow wrestler stood in public meeting and stated that no such thing happened.

As for suing... The loss of pay is peanuts. The loss of reputation is irretrievable and responsible parties should be held accountable.

I don’t know any details and have no stance on Parkway schools. If they think they have grounds to get rid of a coach, it’s well within their duties to do it. As for this being covered up? Schools will NOT provide any details that they don’t have to. This is prudent management.

I don’t understand the ‘reassigned’ part. How do you reassign someone in a supplemental position? You don’t make him a janitor or a swim coach. That part makes no sense to me and should be clarified by the super.

I think the meeting proved that to be wrong. It only is as long as everyone is on board. That definitely was not the case. Especially if a school board member was compelled to resign because they found it wrong.

Probably bc they give us more to talk about.
Yeah, typically I'm in the camp of "this is for football guys, come on" but it's the off season, it's whatever to me.
It's just 3 big topics kinda happened at once in a part of the year where there's nothing to talk about. Stokes out of Minster, The Bremen Flop and Parkway's Wrastlin' Debacle.

That New Bremen basketball "flop" was nothing compared to the great Marion Local flop against Minster in the 1984 tournament. That guy was heading for the floor long before the Minster center approached him. Would have made many a soccer player proud.

That New Bremen basketball "flop" was nothing compared to the great Marion Local flop against Minster in the 1984 tournament. That guy was heading for the floor long before the Minster center approached him. Would have made many a soccer player proud.
So, let's not do basketball in the MAC and all do wrestling. No flopping in wrestling.

Is this not a football forum ? Doesn't Yappi have a wrestling forum ? Parkway wrestling gets more mentions on this forum than their football team does.
Fine.

MAC Football uniform rankings.

1. Versailles
  2. St. Henry
  3. Marion Local
  4. Anna
  5. Coldwater
  6. New Bremen
  7. Minster
  8. Delphos St. John's
  9. Parkway
  10. Fort Recovery

Versailles is classic. Great stripe combos. Most schools are black and orange, but Versailles is orange and black. Big difference.
St. Henry always looks good.
Marion Local is Marion Local.
Anna uses too much black now. Your colors are green and white. Be green and white.
Coldwater's old jerseys would get them to #2 or #3 on the list. New jerseys aren't good. Black pants are just ok.
New Bremen should be higher, but the black collar on their jerseys clashes so hard with the rest of their set.
Minster being at 7 just shows how bad the rest of the MAC is, because their look is awful. You can hardly even tell who the hell they are by how tiny the font on their jersey is. No color. No helmet decal. No stripes. No nothing. Less isn't always more.
Delphos St. John's used to look soooo good with their bright shiny blue helmets, stripe coming from the back. Yellow home uniforms. Now they're awful.
Parkway has always had bad uniforms. They need either gold pants or a black helmet. Having gold helmets, black or white jerseys, and black pants just looks dumb.
And finally, Fort Recovery is dead last. Your colors are purple and white. Not purple and silver. Not purple and gray. They've got bright shiny silver helmets and drab gray pants. Disgusting. They should absolutely be #2 on the list just from their colors alone, and yet they're at #10. Awful.

Fine.

1. Versailles
  2. St. Henry
  3. Marion Local
  4. Anna
  5. Coldwater
  6. New Bremen
  7. Minster
  8. Delphos St. John's
  9. Parkway
  10. Fort Recovery

Versailles is classic. Great stripe combos. Most schools are black and orange, but Versailles is orange and black. Big difference.
Anna uses too much black now. Your colors are green and white. Be green and white.
Coldwater's old jerseys would get them to #2 or #3 on the list. New jerseys aren't good. Black pants are just ok.
New Bremen should be higher, but the black collar on their jerseys clashes so hard with the rest of their set.
Minster being at 7 just shows how bad the rest of the MAC is, because their look is awful. You can hardly even tell who the hell they are by how tiny the font on their jersey is. No color. No helmet decal. No stripes. No nothing. Less isn't always more.
Delphos St. John's used to look soooo good with their bright shiny blue helmets, stripe coming from the back. Yellow home uniforms. Now they're awful.
Parkway has always had bad uniforms. They need either gold pants or a black helmet. Having gold helmets, black or white jerseys, and black pants just looks dumb.
And finally, Fort Recovery is dead last. Your colors are purple and white. Not purple and silver. Not purple and gray. They've got bright shiny silver helmets and drab gray pants. Disgusting. They should absolutely be #2 on the list just from their colors alone, and yet they're at #10. Awful.
love the look of Parkway, similar to Army... CLASSIC LOOK, Minsters is basic too..... love the look, but the pants are VERY cheaply made....

Fine.

1. Versailles
  2. St. Henry
  3. Marion Local
  4. Anna
  5. Coldwater
  6. New Bremen
  7. Minster
  8. Delphos St. John's
  9. Parkway
  10. Fort Recovery

Now this is something I can sink my gross little baby teeth into!

Okay. First off, you are 3000% correct on Fort Recovery's assessment. We're purple and WHITE. If you even look at our basketball jerseys, they're currently the worst I've ever seen. Home whites with SILVER FONT/NUMBERS??? That's super hard to read and no purple to be found from what I remember. It's almost like we're trying to hide the white like we're ashamed of it, by muddying it up with gray and silver at any corner. I know I'm bias, but we have one of the most unique color schemes, there's so many ways we can be creative with it. But I don't think that we happen anytime soon. We had to go and win a State Championship with those ugly things and now we're cursed to keep them around because of "tradition."

Okay, with that out of the way.
Here's mine.

Marion Local
New Bremen
Versailles
DSJ
Parkway
Anna
St. Henry
Coldwater
Fort Recovery
Minster

love the look of Parkway, similar to Army... CLASSIC LOOK, Minsters is basic too..... love the look, but the pants are VERY cheaply made....
Parkway's colors are similar to Army, but that's it. They don't use any of the same elements, they don't use any of the same combinations. Just a bad look that should be much better than it is.

here’s mine after looking (i’m ranking on overall combinations)

1. Anna- the all white is phenomenal and the white/green/white combo looks quite nice
2. Marion Local- Classic. yellow pants and yellow helmet looks great with white or blue jersey
5. DSJ- i love the helmets. i love the white jersey/white pants combo. i love the all blue at home. these would rank higher if the jersey itself was more appealing.
4. Coldwater- just like Marion Local, the orange pants and orange helmet look great with black or white jersey. all black look is nice. need to get the full under armour look, not just pants. the jerseys aren’t great, but these rank high because they wear matching combinations
5. Versailles- these could be SO much better. if they want an orange helmet, they need orange pants. if they want black pants, need a black helmet. the jerseys alone are the best in the league. better combos and they’re #1
6. St Henry- great all white, need all red at home. they could solve this problem by switching to white helmets, or adding red pants.
7. Parkway- i love the under armour jerseys. but ditch the gold helmet and go back to black, unless they get gold pants to go with the helmet. these could be much better than they are by making this change.
8. New Bremen- the away all white looks great. the white pants at home with red jersey and yellow helmet is atrocious. this could be fixed with yellow, or even red pants.
9. Minster- these aren’t bad, just SUPER bland. need to start by getting a sticker on their helmets
10. Fort Recovery- these are atrocious. the grey pants look god awful. if they had silver pants to go with the silver helmet instead of grey, that would fix a lot. i would prefer to see them go with a white helmet and white pants.

Last edited:
Good topic *67

1. Anna- I've always enjoyed their under armour uniforms. That's what I wish Coldwater did when we got new uniforms.

2. New Bremen- Much improved from the Garnet colored ones from the early 2010's

3. Marion Local- they look sharp.

4. Coldwater- the new uniforms could've been a bit better. Certainly dont hate them.

5. DSJ- they might be due for an update but there is certainly nothing wrong with what they have. A yellow helmet with a Blue Jay on the side would be interesting.

6. Versailles- Meh. Traditional.

7. St Henry- Another Meh one for me.

8. Fort Recovery- still better than the old ones. I'd love to see them in purple pants with the purple home Jersey and away Jersey. Wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the purple helmet with the spear on the side with a white facemask.

9. Minster- Bring back the ones from the early 2010's and put the paw back on the side of the helmet and bring back the matte black helmets. Those were my favorite in the whole league.

10. Parkway- Old gold just looks ugly In general. If they went with a yellow with the black it'd be an improvement. Hate the gold helmets. A couple years ago they had a black helmet with a yellow P on the side and I thought that was good.

So what's the process most MAC teams use when they update the uniforms? Do they get new home & away the same year or do they get ones separate years and you have a year or two with mismatched home/away uniforms? Do the Booster Clubs fund the purchases 100% or do the school's athletic department's pay part of the bill? How often are the uniforms updated?

You look at some of these MAC rosters and you see 50-70 kids on a team and the uniform cost has to be pretty significant for a small school.

Oh, and from the other side of the state I would rank the top MAC uniforms like this

#1 - New Bremen - The color combo is just awesome.
#2 - Marion Local - Classic look and another great color combo
#3 - St. Henry - Such traditional unis. As soon as you see the video you know who you are watching whether its 1990 or 2021.

The rest are pretty much interchangeable to me.

Parkway's colors are similar to Army, but that's it. They don't use any of the same elements, they don't use any of the same combinations. Just a bad look that should be much better than it is.
actually the helmets i saw were the army helmets with the numbers on the side of the helmet and black stripe down th emiddle

Brutal call at that point in the game, but is was pretty consistent with what they had been calling all night, that was the 4th offensive foul they had called for the same thing. One call does not determine the game.
Agree Skin. The first flop that was from an Antwerp player was called at half court and it set the tone for the rest of the second half.

I disagree.

I believe there was contact and Heitkamp for Minster probably outweighed ML's lanky center by at least 30 pounds. The heavier man with momentum knocked back the stationary lighter guy.

Had there been no call, that wouldn't have been bad either. It was a really close call, no doubt, and went ML's way, but was not a bad call.

Good topic *67

1. Anna- I've always enjoyed their under armour uniforms. That's what I wish Coldwater did when we got new uniforms.

2. New Bremen- Much improved from the Garnet colored ones from the early 2010's

3. Marion Local- they look sharp.

4. Coldwater- the new uniforms could've been a bit better. Certainly dont hate them.

5. DSJ- they might be due for an update but there is certainly nothing wrong with what they have. A yellow helmet with a Blue Jay on the side would be interesting.

6. Versailles- Meh. Traditional.

7. St Henry- Another Meh one for me.

8. Fort Recovery- still better than the old ones. I'd love to see them in purple pants with the purple home Jersey and away Jersey. Wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the purple helmet with the spear on the side with a white facemask.

9. Minster- Bring back the ones from the early 2010's and put the paw back on the side of the helmet and bring back the matte black helmets. Those were my favorite in the whole league.

10. Parkway- Old gold just looks ugly In general. If they went with a yellow with the black it'd be an improvement. Hate the gold helmets. A couple years ago they had a black helmet with a yellow P on the side and I thought that was good.
the only thing on the Coldwater uni that doesn't look right is the stripe on the pants that they put on it the last couple of years....

I disagree.

I believe there was contact and Heitkamp for Minster probably outweighed ML's lanky center by at least 30 pounds. The heavier man with momentum knocked back the stationary lighter guy.

Had there been no call, that wouldn't have been bad either. It was a really close call, no doubt, and went ML's way, but was not a bad call.
want to get a person fired up about it, bring it up to Greg Heitkamp.......i thought it was a bad call at the time

the only thing on the Coldwater uni that doesn't look right is the stripe on the pants that they put on it the last couple of years....
And how it doesn't go all the way up the pants anymore.. Totally agree. We got a new set of pants my senior season but alot of them had the stripes on the pants reversed and I actually liked it better with the 2 black stripes with the white. Some players had to wear them for the Kenton game because the replacements didn't come in yet.

Exibit A: Look at Austin Bruns's and Caleb Siefring's pants on this play

(1) Siefring 35 yd td recept - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.