Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I here that Liberty Benton will be breaking ground in June to put in new field turf football/soccer feild. This could be a place for Delphos to gather more information.

I here that Liberty Benton will be breaking ground in June to put in new field turf football/soccer feild. This could be a place for Delphos to gather more information.

I'm hoping that the committee did that work already. The plan is to have the field installed and ready for Week 1 2021 when St. John's and Jefferson face off for the first time ever in a regular season game. $853,000 of the $953,000 cost has already been raised.

Delphos has a very nice park/stadium. I’d suggest moving some park bleachers to an open field, putting up a scoreboard and press box, and making a separate field for MS and peewee football. I’m a big fan of the soccer specific stadiums in the WBL. Most are top notch and reduce wear on football fields by getting 20-30 soccer games off them. Same can be done with peewee and MS football.

Building a new football field for jr. high and youth football would include the field, seating, scoreboard and lights. Our jr. high games are played on Thursdays beginning at 5:00. With two games typically they don't end until close to 8:00. It gets dark pretty quick. DSJ and DJ girls soccer teams and Delphos youth soccer play at the soccer fields at DSJ annex.

The only question out there is how are they gonna to fund repai
rs and replacement?
If they built that into the initial plans then there should not be a problem.

I'm hoping that the committee did that work already. The plan is to have the field installed and ready for Week 1 2021 when St. John's and Jefferson face off for the first time ever in a regular season game. $853,000 of the $953,000 cost has already been raised.

Building a new football field for jr. high and youth football would include the field, seating, scoreboard and lights. Our jr. high games are played on Thursdays beginning at 5:00. With two games typically they don't end until close to 8:00. It gets dark pretty quick. DSJ and DJ girls soccer teams and Delphos youth soccer play at the soccer fields at DSJ annex.
How about a grass infield for the baseball field.

The only question out there is how are they gonna to fund repai
rs and replacement?
If they built that into the initial plans then there should not be a problem.
Certainly don't want to be in a situation like Perkins in Sandusky. 8 years in on the original install and have to do a full replacement without all the funding in place.

Screenshot_20210126-153523_Chrome.jpg

I've seen worse situations for sure but this one wasn't good. Over a quarter mil taken away from a permanent improvement fund that can pay for things like this but really should be in place for buildings, facilities, and infrastructure.

Certainly don't want to be in a situation like Perkins in Sandusky. 8 years in on the original install and have to do a full replacement without all the funding in place.

View attachment 13877

I've seen worse situations for sure but this one wasn't good.
Fantastic info man.

I hope more districts look deeper into this when they are truly deciding to put it in turf. I feel many in the past were mislead, but now in the information age we all should be better educated.

When this topic comes up again, and it will, I will ensure that I will be the loudest voice in the 'room' when it comes to the 'savings'....

View attachment 13877

I've seen worse situations for sure but this one wasn't good. Over a quarter mil taken away from a permanent improvement fund that can pay for things like this but really should be in place for buildings, facilities, and infrastructure.
Wouldn't 8 years fall under warranty?

I don't know if I'm the only one, but baseball I don't believe should be played on turf. Football, on the other hand, I preferred playing on turf.
Concur.

Personally, a diamond is a work of art and craftsmanship. At the HS level that usually falls onto the head coach and how well he and his staff and players take care of the diamond.
I a

I prefer grass during the regular season, just something about a Fall night, newly cut an painted field that gets me all tingly inside! But come playoffs turf ensures the field doesn’t affect the game.

I prefer grass during the regular season, just something about a Fall night, newly cut an painted field that gets me all tingly inside! But come playoffs turf ensures the field doesn’t affect the game.
Smell is a powerful sense.....and that smell just brings you back to those precious nights under Friday Lights.

I was just looking at Versailles's football schedule and calculated how many miles I would be driving this upcoming season to 10 regular season games. I live 7 miles north of Versailles so each home game will be 14 miles, but this make away games closer. I calculated 150 miles for one way, so total of 300 miles for 2021 regular season. How's that compare to you other football fans?

Not for normal wear and tear. All manufacturer's warranties are limited in scope and put much of the onus on the owner to ensure they take care of the field properly.
that just happened to me on my TV.... 4 years old, didn't buy the extended warranty ... and now it won't turn on.... :)

I was just looking at Versailles's football schedule and calculated how many miles I would be driving this upcoming season to 10 regular season games. I live 7 miles north of Versailles so each home game will be 14 miles, but this make away games closer. I calculated 150 miles for one way, so total of 300 miles for 2021 regular season. How's that compare to you other football fans?
did you do this after the 12 pack? :)

so really you live in the Steiner school district?

Totally get it. I think the biggest thing is the grass fields we are accustomed to seeing/playing on look something like this:
image-5.png

A renovation and 30+ games later the kids are playing on this in Week 11:

PH-110809973a.jpg
PH-110809973.jpg

Totally different and exponentially better surface.

Been fun talking fields. Hope to see some great ones in the MAC in 2021!

Not sports related, but Bill Cunningham was talking about the time he was in Minster at the gym and the turn out was amazing.

Anyone remember this?

If you were listening today he brought up how he received a nice hand written letter recently from a man in Coldwater. He mentioned his first name. If you were listening and heard his first name, the first person you probably thought whom it was you are likely right!

I don't remember Bill Cunningham ever showing up in Minster.

I do remember the time Dr. Creep came to a game and had a free throw shooting contest against Paul Stukenborg.

Not sports related, but Bill Cunningham was talking about the time he was in Minster at the gym and the turn out was amazing.

Anyone remember this?

If you were listening today he brought up how he received a nice hand written letter recently from a man in Coldwater. He mentioned his first name. If you were listening and heard his first name, the first person you probably thought whom it was you are likely right!
i was listening to Willlie to, don't remember that, i would imagine it was a republican event..... i do know he has some Xavier friends that live in town, and that his boy has friends from Minster....

I don't remember Bill Cunningham ever showing up in Minster.

I do remember the time Dr. Creep came to a game and had a free throw shooting contest against Paul Stukenborg.
i've heard him in the past talking about being at the Wooden Shoe...

i was listening to Willlie to, don't remember that, i would imagine it was a republican event..... i do know he has some Xavier friends that live in town, and that his boy has friends from Minster....
I’m guessing it was when a well-known Catholic speaker came to town maybe 5-6 years ago. The gym was packed with kids from all over the area.

That's an intriguing home-and-home series. Fort Frye is currently riding a 32 game regular season win streak. And St. Henry is, well, the MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.