Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go @PantherSkin

1. Marion Local - I have confidence Timmy G will find a way

2. Coldwater - Return 3 O lineman and 2 running backs and a plethora of receivers. Defense returns alot of the LB core.

3. Versailles - Bold Prediction. Versailles will be in the D5 title game vs Kirtland in 2021. Could finish 2nd. Hard to tell because CW and Versailles won't play.

4. New Bremen - Good upcoming senior class. I think the upcoming junior class is too. David Homan will be QB. The program is here to stay.

5. Minster - New Head Coach

6. Anna - I think Anna will still be young. Could be interchangable with Minster.

7. St Henry - St Henry has been very up and down. Hoping they improve. Upon looking at the program again I decided to flip Fort and St Hank which everyone else was predicting.

8. Fort Recovery - Lots of ?'s

9. Delphos St. John's - If their numbers/enrollment continue to drop, they will remain down here. You worry me DSJ. Does Isaac Fairchild return?

10. Parkway - Like DSJ, 30 boys isn't going to cut it in this league.

Last edited:

I want to say Anna started a FROSH all season at QB, and they made improvements from the scrimmage to the end of the season.

I believe the extra games they played after getting bounced were extremely beneficial to them but likely are destined to where you have them.

Next year 12 teams will make the playoffs. I am in the middle of doing an analysis of historically what it will take to make the playoffs in the 12 team era.

With that said, because I have to, I believe the MAC will be way down next year and will be lucky to get one team in the finals.

2020 was a banner year no doubt for those in MAC Land with the emergence of the NB. I am so extremely proud they picked themselves off the mat and now are.......State champions. You NB fans have no idea how excited the rest of the league is for you, and because of this, I pronounced the New Bremen Card1nals the Team of the Year in the MAC.

While I am not a fan of individual awards, can Chip please be voted the DVI Coach of the Year?

Here you go @PantherSkin

2. Coldwater - Return 3 O lineman and 2 running backs and a plethora of receivers.

3. Versailles - Bold Prediction. Versailles will be in the D5 title game vs Kirtland in 2021. Could finish 2nd. Hard to tell because CW and Versailles won't play.

4. New Bremen - Good upcoming senior class. I think the upcoming junior class is too. David Homan will be QB. The program is here to stay.

5. Minster - I think Geron Stokes will have them competitive.

6. Anna - I think Anna will still be young. Could be interchangable with Minster.

7. Fort Recovery - They'll have Troy Homan at RB but there's plenty of ?'s.

8. St Henry - They need to get their numbers up.

9. Delphos St. John's - If their numbers/enrollment continue to drop, they will remain down here. You worry me DSJ. Does Isaac Fairchild return?

Minster will be much improved if Stokes is still the HC. NB had a big sr. class this season, wont have a big drop but a drop off never the less. Also see SH moving up. Fairchild was a sr. I believe.

Here you go @PantherSkin

2. Coldwater - Return 3 O lineman and 2 running backs and a plethora of receivers.

1. Marion Local - I have confidence Timmy G will find a way.
*Same for me. Having a consistent QB starting will go a long way with the skill guys (Both Ott's and Seitz among others coming back plus the defense should be great once again. My favorite for D7 state champion.

*How is the QB position going to shake out?

*Agree with you here. They should be fun to watch next year.

4. New Bremen - Good upcoming senior class. I think the upcoming junior class is too. David Homan will be QB. The program is here to stay. *Possible "down" year but expect them to make the playoffs. That Schaefer kid at RB should be a good player for them.

*The Nixon kid should carry them through next year. Not sure what they have outside of him. Never count Stokes out.

*Have a decent young QB but it might be another tough year for them.

*I actually have St Henry in this spot. Think Ft Recovery will have some rough years coming up, IMO. Lost a good senior class.

*Think they will be good again next year. Decent young QB coming back but lost good bit up front.

*Future does not look good for DSJ. Disappointing to see.

*Another rough year probably and have no idea if they have any talent coming up. Want to chime in any Panther fans?

Apologies folks, I feel like I should know this answer... but why aren't Coldwater and Versailles playing in 2021? I thought the point of the 8-game conference rotational schedule was that a top tier team missed a bottom tier team?

On the FR side of things. I believe Troy is a QB. We'll see where his progression goes, but I do agree, Indians will be down for a bit.

Troy is a QB, but to make the team better, I would move him to RB or WR. I guess depending on how Cale Rammel does at QB.

*How is the QB position going to shake out?
Reece Dellinger is the incoming senior. He's more of a pocket passer. If we opt to go the Scrambler route, Junior Marcel Blasingame will fit. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Marcel starts. Braxton Howell will run the JV team. Blockberger will run the freshman team if he remains a qb.

Here you go @PantherSkin

2. Coldwater - Return 3 O lineman and 2 running backs and a plethora of receivers. Defense returns alot of the LB core.

How many seniors did St. Henry lose?

Apologies folks, I feel like I should know this answer... but why aren't Coldwater and Versailles playing in 2021? I thought the point of the 8-game conference rotational schedule was that a top tier team missed a bottom tier team?
Versailles dropped off starting last season as a part of the 2 year rotational schedule. Should be back on in 2022.

Previous 2 years Versailles had won a total of 3 league games, that's why .

Got it- thanks. I wasn't sure how many previous years were taken into account when it came to scheduling / how far out they scheduled. At any rate, I'll never understand the 8-game rotating schedule. I've seen some folks come into WBL threads and say they want the WBL to adopt it, and it just doesn't make any sense to me. Glad it works for y'all though!

Got it- thanks. I wasn't sure how many previous years were taken into account when it came to scheduling / how far out they scheduled. At any rate, I'll never understand the 8-game rotating schedule. I've seen some folks come into WBL threads and say they want the WBL to adopt it, and it just doesn't make any sense to me. Glad it works for y'all though!
It makes tremendous sense.

Think about it:

Your OOC games are your Harbins cash cows. MAC does pretty doggone well in their OOC games. More OOC wins = More Harbins in most cases. Even if your OOC opponent goes 5-5 it is better than beating a league foe who went 5-5 because some of those wins will be against league foes that you likely beat as well.

The lower end teams:
They get to schedule another OOC game that they have a much better job at competing with. Those wins help the program grow.

The upper end teams:
They have the ability to schedule up. As i stated earlier, CW has scheduled some powerhouses like Clinton Massie, Bishop Hartley, some D1s who maybe arent the strongest, but also are filling up that week 2. At the least, they have been scheduling like size playoff caliber teams.

One OOC game really limits the points a league can get, especially if it is a strong league and the MAC is pretty decent. If for whatever reason taht OOC game ends up being a dog you can be screwed, especially if you are a smaller MAC school who will likely not beat CW, MSML and another top team.

It has caused some scheduling issues, and some rivalries hurt, but as a whole it has been a Godsend to the league.

I have absolutely NO DOUBT it has lead to the resurgence of a number of programs. That one extra OOC game that you can pick and have a better chance at winning is H U G E>

I personally think it'd be good. I agree with alot of Voice's points but I will also add another idea to it. Giving WBL schools 2 non conference games gives an opportunity for some dormant rivalrys to resume. Defiance vs Bryan comes to mind. Coldwater vs Celina comes to mind. Sidney vs St Marys could come back.

Here you go @PantherSkin

I think the best teams next year are the teams that are returning a lot of their starters from this year and had good JV squads this year. In saying that, that definitely puts ML on top with a toss up between CW and Versailles for 2nd. CW having a little better JV squad, Versailles returning more varsity starters. Next up I'm going to go with is St. Henry. I heard they were young this year and a JV squad that looked better than Minster's and Anna's and similar to NB. NB after St. Henry, then Anna. I think Minster is going to struggle this coming to stay here at this placement.
Fort Recovery graduates a lot but I can see them finishing ahead of Minster. The rest of the teams will battle it out and try to see if they can pull out a top 12 spot in Harbin.

What will it take to make the playoffs?

In the i have no life, and a numbers guy, i wondered what it will take in the terms of wins to make it to the playoffs in the new format.

Since they added the 7th division, below are the percentages in Division 5, 6 and 7 that the teams have made the playoffs with a certain amount of wins.

Of course, it depends on a lot of other factors, but it gives a little insight on what has been the chances since the 7 division format was adopted.

DIVISION 5:
10 wins: 100%
9 wins: 100%
8 wins: 100%
7 wins: 93.3 %
6 wins: 65.9%
5 wins: 40.2 %
4 wins: 9.9 %
3 wins: only one team would have finished in the top 12 with 3 wins, and I did not track all the 3 win teams who did NOT make it.

DIVISION 6:
10, 9, 8 wins: 100%
7 wins: 90.2%
6 wins: 66.3%
5 wins: 22.6%
4 wins: 3.6%
3 and below: ZERO.

DIVISION 7:
8-10 wins: 100%
7 wins: 98.4%
6 wins: 91.3%
5 wins: 65.7
4 wins: 35.7
3 wins: 4 teams would have finished in the top 12, did not track all three win teams who did make it.

What does this all mean, other than I have zero life?

Nothing, but sort of lets you know the target number of wins your team is going to need and their chances.

I think the best teams next year are the teams that are returning a lot of their starters from this year and had good JV squads this year. In saying that, that definitely puts ML on top with a toss up between CW and Versailles for 2nd. CW having a little better JV squad, Versailles returning more varsity starters. Next up I'm going to go with is St. Henry. I heard they were young this year and a JV squad that looked better than Minster's and Anna's and similar to NB. NB after St. Henry, then Anna. I think Minster is going to struggle this coming to stay here at this placement.
Fort Recovery graduates a lot but I can see them finishing ahead of Minster. The rest of the teams will battle it out and try to see if they can pull out a top 12 spot in Harbin.
i do like the idea of the best teams are probably the ones that return starters from the previous year... good JV teams not so sure about that, some teams might have had to play young players on Friday night to play, when they should have been playing on Sat Mornings....... I go by who has talent in the junior and senior classes, on how good the varsity team might be.

Have a great rest of 2020 and will see y'all again come football in 2021.

The MAC will need all the luck they can get next year, as they will be waaaay down.

What will it take to make the playoffs?

In the i have no life, and a numbers guy, i wondered what it will take in the terms of wins to make it to the playoffs in the new format.

Since they added the 7th division, below are the percentages in Division 5, 6 and 7 that the teams have made the playoffs with a certain amount of wins.

Of course, it depends on a lot of other factors, but it gives a little insight on what has been the chances since the 7 division format was adopted.

DIVISION 5:
10 wins: 100%
9 wins: 100%
8 wins: 100%
7 wins: 93.3 %
6 wins: 65.9%
5 wins: 40.2 %
4 wins: 9.9 %
3 wins: only one team would have finished in the top 12 with 3 wins, and I did not track all the 3 win teams who did NOT make it.

DIVISION 6:
10, 9, 8 wins: 100%
7 wins: 90.2%
6 wins: 66.3%
5 wins: 22.6%
4 wins: 3.6%
3 and below: ZERO.

DIVISION 7:
8-10 wins: 100%
7 wins: 98.4%
6 wins: 91.3%
5 wins: 65.7
4 wins: 35.7
3 wins: 4 teams would have finished in the top 12, did not track all three win teams who did make it.

What does this all mean, other than I have zero life?

Nothing, but sort of lets you know the target number of wins your team is going to need and their chances.

Is this just for MAC teams, or teams across the state?

And is this for the regions in the west of the state MAC teams contest, or all regions?

Here you go @PantherSkin

Well I think you’re close:
1-1A: MSML/Coldwater - I really think Marion comes out with something to prove, what’s the chance they move to D6?
2-2A: New Bremen/Versailles - New Bremen did have 17 Seniors, but only 11 really played a lot. They also had 18 Juniors, and 17 Sophomores (including 2 that scored in the State title game).
3: St Henry - small numbers but some talent.
4-4A: Anna/Minster - while I don’t think Minster has much talent Stokes seems to get the most out of them.
5: Fort Recovery- if they couldn’t win with all that talent I don’t know how they are going to win without it.
10: DSJ/Parkway - these two teams will not see the Playoffs again for a while, unless they open it up to everyone again.

A little different topic.....what were your favorite football locker room songs.
Here two of my favorites.
1) Turn the page, Bob Seger.
2) Hair of the Dog, Nazareth.
Yours?

Believe Cardinals have the following returning starters:
Offense - 3 (Kuck, Eyink and Bergman) Schaeffer returns, he started State Final.
Defense - 4 (Kuck, Krause, Alig and Homan)
Punter and Kicker return as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.