Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend whose Dad was kicked out of half of the games his senior year. I believe more than a bit of alcohol was involved. Probably the case here.

Same. I know Scott Elchert is widely respected in the area (rightfully so)but that is embarrassing to have happened Saturday night.
so I don't know the whole story... was this ALL on JC or did Coldwater have something to do with it? also what did Elchart have to do with it?

so I don't know the whole story... was this ALL on JC or did Coldwater have something to do with it? also what did Elchart have to do with it?
Not sure why I added him to be honest. I'll retract that from my original post.

Garbage in.
Garbage out.
Isnt that site the ramblings of Dave Schmidt/Radio Dave on this site?

He was a former Celina resident and City worker who has a serious hard on for Kenton and forming a Mercer County League in basketball. I dont know, maybe he thinks putting Celina in a conference with a group of successful schools (most half the size of Celina) then maybe they will be relevant?

The MAC should not push for anything. It should be a school by school decision and if enough schools add it, then it become a sanctioned MAC sport.

Garbage in.
Garbage out.
Isnt that site the ramblings of Dave Schmidt/Radio Dave on this site?

He was a former Celina resident and City worker who has a serious hard on for Kenton and forming a Mercer County League in basketball. I dont know, maybe he thinks putting Celina in a conference with a group of successful schools (most half the size of Celina) then maybe they will be relevant?

The MAC should not push for anything. It should be a school by school decision and if enough schools add it, then it become a sanctioned MAC sport.

I was told many many years ago that soccer would soon replace football as the #1 sport in the MAC. This was like 10 years ago and not one school has added soccer.........some people just don't like football for some reason.....

The answer to his question is no.

I was told many many years ago that soccer would soon replace football as the #1 sport in the MAC. This was like 10 years ago and not one school has added soccer.........some people just don't like football for some reason.....

The answer to his question is no.
I know in Coldwater a lot of kids play soccer as yutes at the park. Back in the day it was a YMCA function, now I just believe it is just community based. It has been going on since the early to mid 80's.

Soccer is great for kids to go out and run around and have fun and get exercise. It is really cheap to administer with just a ball and a few cones really that is needed. A very unathletic kid can go out, run around, kick the ball on occasion, and have a blast and that is one of the reasons why it is so popular. Baseball/Basketball the kids can be sitting the bench, and if they get PT and K, make erros, dont even make a shot then it is a bummer, but for whatever reason in soccer if a kid gets in the game (and with 22 playing at a time) they seem content running around for a bit and if they get a kick or two they are happy!

but anyways, we just take what Dave says with a grain of salt. I got a long with him years ago when we were involved the NCCAA baseball National Championship tournament that Celina was hosting, but the guy has a few screws lose.

RadioDave is a real idiot, I am not sure if he gets paid to write? His article seems incomplete and lacks accuracy, New Knoxville soccer is a coed team, not boy’s only. The next sport the MAC will entertain is swimming, it is very close to having the required numbers to be a MAC sport, much closer than soccer. What Dave doesn’t understand is school administrators would love to replace football with soccer, it’s much cheaper (both to field a team and insure) and the Karen’s of the world perceive it to be much safer. But the kids want to play football, and there’s nothing wrong with that!

Hey fellas, getta load of this.
Honestly though. After thinking about it a little more I'm going to flip Dave's poor idea of an article and just say this:

If New Knoxville wanted to put a feeler out to see how many kids would be interested in 8-Man football as opposed to having soccer, this might be a good time to do so. Just a thought.

Well with St Henry filling their Week 2 game and out of boredom, I figure I'd post everyone's Non-Conference games from what I can find:

Anna:
Week 1: Indian Lake
Week 2. @ Brookville

Coldwater:
Week 1: Kenton
Week 2: @ Cincinnati Oak Hills

Delphos St John's:
Week 1: Delphos Jefferson (Saturday)
Week 2: Lima Central Catholic

Fort Recovery:
Week 1: @ Wayne Trace
Week 2: Urbana

Marion Local:
Week 1: @ Wapakoneta
Week 2: @ McComb

Minster:
Week 1: Fort Loramie
Week 2: Cincinnati Woodward

New Bremen:
Week 1: Open
Week 2: Lehman Catholic

Parkway:
Week 1: Convoy Crestview
Week 2: @ Spencerville

St Henry:
Week 1: Covington
Week 2: @ Fort Frye (Saturday)

Versailles:
Week 1: Celina
Week 2: @ Fort Loramie

Last edited:
Remember back in the day when they said Delphos St. John's and Delphos Jefferson could never play because the animosity was too great? I hope they use this game as sort of a joint funding for stadium upkeep. I would imagine it could still be a big draw.

I was under the impression that Anna IL was a two year but when I looked a few weeks ago on Arbiter it did it show on either school. You certain?

Gotcha. I presumed it was the case but I looked at Arbiter for some reason a few weeks ago and neither had it but tat could be wrong.
Do think it is odd it's at IL again. Anna went there for a scrimmage, and late after both teams were out of the playoffs.
For the record, I felt Anna made huge strides, IL not so much. Think the scrimmage was 3-4 TD to 1 and the last game was 40-0 and Anna downed it at the 2 to end the game so it coulda been worse

Remember back in the day when they said Delphos St. John's and Delphos Jefferson could never play because the animosity was too great? I hope they use this game as sort of a joint funding for stadium upkeep. I would imagine it could still be a big draw.

We've been scrimmaging for a few years now. Not as much animosity when both programs are struggling right now. That first game will be on the new turf field at Stadium Park. It will be installed this summer. New home bleachers are in the works as well but not sure when that will be.
About the only sport DSJ and DJ don't compete against each other is boys basketball.

Gotcha. I presumed it was the case but I looked at Arbiter for some reason a few weeks ago and neither had it but tat could be wrong.
Do think it is odd it's at IL again. Anna went there for a scrimmage, and late after both teams were out of the playoffs.
For the record, I felt Anna made huge strides, IL not so much. Think the scrimmage was 3-4 TD to 1 and the last game was 40-0 and Anna downed it at the 2 to end the game so it coulda been worse
I'll take HD's word for it. Arbiter isn't always reliable. That was my source.

According to that schedule it says its @ Anna
Interesting info for Indian Lake, there is a couple that lives there who boys plays for them with a lot of Mercer County in him. Dad is from Fort. Recovery and Mom is from Coldwater. Her dad was the major. Any quess?
Is this acceptable question?

Status
Not open for further replies.