Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

How about we slow our roll, here? The kid‘s 16 years old.
No kidding. Looking forward to watching the kid next few years but there’s only been 2 DPOY back to back in the MAC. Thompson from Parkway and Ross Homan from Coldwater. Both played in D1 and the NFL. If Seitz turns out to be that good that would be awesome.

No kidding. Looking forward to watching the kid next few years but there’s only been 2 DPOY back to back in the MAC. Thompson from Parkway and Ross Homan from Coldwater. Both played in D1 and the NFL. If Seitz turns out to be that good that would be awesome.
I believe Kunkler for ML was back to back 7 or 8 years ago.

I think that proves what most posters believe, that FR had a very talented team.
As a poster who has watched this team the last three years I never believed that, I think they are one of the most overrated group I have ever seen in the MAC. Slow, unathletic line, quarterback who was turnover prone and as a group they were never interested in playing defense. Just very, very overrated, for three years.

No, you are absolutely correct, coaches don’t vote for their own players. They do provide information, and I do think coaches do seem to lean towards Seniors so that may play a part in it. I just find it odd that a 2-4 team would have that many players on the 1st & 2nd team? Maybe the fact that they didn’t play a full 8 games?
Or maybe they went 2-4 because of the coaching.

All 4 of ML's linebackers earned some type of recognition. Seitz and Grant Meir 1st team, Eifert and Darren Meir HM. Seitz, Eifert, and Darren Meir are all sophomore's. ML now has had 6 DPOY awards out of the last 8 years. And looking into the future if he stays healthy Drew Seitz will win the next two MAC DPOY's, IMO.
Great example of great coaching producing great players.

As a poster who has watched this team the last three years I never believed that, I think they are one of the most overrated group I have ever seen in the MAC. Slow, unathletic line, quarterback who was turnover prone and as a group they were never interested in playing defense. Just very, very overrated, for three years.
Talent was there. Coaching has failed them and many, many others over the years.

Give Goodwin Schmitz and the Flyers would put video numbers up on the scoreboard.

Or maybe they went 2-4 because of the coaching.
Hmmmm.
Interesting.
Other coaches around the league notice a lot of talent on the team, and it under performed.....

Some look at that and point to coaching....would not be a bad extrapolation of the facts....

FR losses were to teams that finished 37-7, according to eitels site.

37-7.

Maybe that has something to do with their losing record?

Cannot play teams like Parkway every week and DSJ was not on their schedule this year.
Take away the two OOC games and play that schedule and yeah many teams end up with a worse record than that.

Honestly didn’t see it coming. But New Bremen is on a mission. Congrats to those seniors. Didn’t hear much about the game. ML was up early. Late turnovers or just a battle?
Watched it on WOSN last night.

ML special teams hurt them, more specifically, the blocking. A blocked FG on a free runner up the middle in the 4th that puts MSML up by 10.
Then the killer dagger was the blocked punt for a scoop and a score to win the game with a couple minutes left in the game.

They were not even going for the punt block. The outside rusher made an outside move and the blocker got off balance and he had a free run at the punter. Then, in a great move, the kid who blocked it put a shoulder into the punter while they were both trying to pick it up. THat was just enough of a nudge to allow him to scoop it up and run free for the TD.

It was extremely exciting to see, no doubt about that.

Two bad calls late went against MSML in the 4th. One was an INT, a great INT that would have made ESPN's top plays, and the official called a bogus head to head penalty on something that would not even get called in a flag football game.
Then on the last drive on 4th and long they called it an incomplete pass when the Flyer caught it. Now...they still had to go 70 or so yards but it is the Flyers. Taking the INT away was critical.

I wouldnt expect Coach Goodwin or the Flyer faithtful on here blame the officials, they have too much pride and respect for the game and still had the chances to win this game, but as an outsider just watching a great game I will say that call on the INT was FUBAR.

Great job Cards, goodluck against tuLCC next week.

Watched it on WOSN last night.

ML special teams hurt them, more specifically, the blocking. A blocked FG on a free runner up the middle in the 4th that puts MSML up by 10.
Then the killer dagger was the blocked punt for a scoop and a score to win the game with a couple minutes left in the game.

They were not even going for the punt block. The outside rusher made an outside move and the blocker got off balance and he had a free run at the punter. Then, in a great move, the kid who blocked it put a shoulder into the punter while they were both trying to pick it up. THat was just enough of a nudge to allow him to scoop it up and run free for the TD.

It was extremely exciting to see, no doubt about that.

Two bad calls late went against MSML in the 4th. One was an INT, a great INT that would have made ESPN's top plays, and the official called a bogus head to head penalty on something that would not even get called in a flag football game.
Then on the last drive on 4th and long they called it an incomplete pass when the Flyer caught it. Now...they still had to go 70 or so yards but it is the Flyers. Taking the INT away was critical.

I wouldnt expect Coach Goodwin or the Flyer faithtful on here blame the officials, they have too much pride and respect for the game and still had the chances to win this game, but as an outsider just watching a great game I will say that call on the INT was FUBAR.

Great job Cards, goodluck against tuLCC next week.
you are right, the head to head penalty was a joke..... but watching the game again on replay, not sure it was a interception...

you are right, the head to head penalty was a joke..... but watching the game again on replay, not sure it was a interception...

Watching it last night it seemed like it was from their replays, but you are smarter than I so if you are seeing different I will defer to you. BUT...they called it as such and I think you can admit it was EXTREMELY CLOSE to an INT, but that penalty......c'mon man, only Tom Brady gets that sort of treatment.

The so called incomplete pass on 4th down for MSML. I will give the officials the benefit of the doubt as it looked like it was the right call until they showed the replay. Even at that...they need to go 70.
Some days ya just dont get the breaks. That is sports.

Watching it last night it seemed like it was from their replays, but you are smarter than I so if you are seeing different I will defer to you. BUT...they called it as such and I think you can admit it was EXTREMELY CLOSE to an INT, but that penalty......c'mon man, only Tom Brady gets that sort of treatment.

The so called incomplete pass on 4th down for MSML. I will give the officials the benefit of the doubt as it looked like it was the right call until they showed the replay. Even at that...they need to go 70.
Some days ya just dont get the breaks. That is sports.
like i said, it was a bang bang play... want to watch it again, watching it last night,( and a few Miller lights in me, just not sure it was a interception

like i said, it was a bang bang play... want to watch it again, watching it last night,( and a few Miller lights in me, just not sure it was a interception
Let's put it this way......if there was replay in HS football that play would 'stand as called'.

Hmmmm.
Interesting.
Other coaches around the league notice a lot of talent on the team, and it under performed.....

Some look at that and point to coaching....would not be a bad extrapolation of the facts....
Pretty tough to be an AD, HC, and DC all at the same time and be successful at any one much less all 3.

Pretty tough to be an AD, HC, and DC all at the same time and be successful at any one much less all 3.
does he have a assistant that takes care of the AD duties on gameday? if he does, shouldn't be much trouble.... most HC also call defenses or Offenses during the game......

does he have a assistant that takes care of the AD duties on gameday? if he does, shouldn't be much trouble.... most HC also call defenses or Offenses during the game......
What has been the Fort's downfall?
Poor defense.

If their defense was lights out then yeah, maybe he could handle it but it hasnt been the case.....

What has been the Fort's downfall?
Poor defense.

If their defense was lights out then yeah, maybe he could handle it but it hasnt been the case.....
Exactly.
Niekamp is a great guy and tremendous leader for the program. Sometimes leaders have to acknowledge when they need help.

Fort's defense has never been elite. They've had elite offenses but never even average defenses. Even 2015 (State Champions) defense gave up 15 a game. That would've been good for 4th best this year. That was the best defense in school history.